What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs. Panthers Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Surely we can win this time?

Feels so long since I've had a chance to enjoy a Broncos game, just feel like I'm busting my own balls watching this side constantly come up short. Ah well, guess that's just the price you pay!

What side do you want to see? I'd go...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dale Copley
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Peter Wallace
15. Josh McGuire
16. Matt Gillett
17. Alex Glenn

Big Pete

Referee
Well now Penrith have hit a bit of form, scoring back to back wins.

Might be 7 in a row for us to end the year...

ThePearl

Juniors
Already making excuses Big Pete. If the players turn up with your attitude they may as well have mad Monday this week.

Big Pete

Referee
Not at all.

Everyone just expected it to be a gimme where we could boost our F/A, if the players entered the game like that they'd get towelled.

renouf

Juniors
Griffin: "We're getting there.. it might be the last round of the year and all, but we're getting there"

jarro

Juniors
Surely we can win this time?

Feels so long since I've had a chance to enjoy a Broncos game, just feel like I'm busting my own balls watching this side constantly come up short. Ah well, guess that's just the price you pay!

What side do you want to see? I'd go...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dale Copley
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Peter Wallace
15. Josh McGuire
16. Matt Gillett
17. Alex Glenn

You know, i think that is exactly the side i'd like to see too.

Norman just doesn't seem to be as energetic at fullback and we do miss Hoffmans kick returns (providing he still knows how to do them)

I also think Hunt has to be starting halfback. He's a genuine halfback who can organise and create, as long as he's given the job from the start.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If Hook names Wallace at 7 on Tuesday he will prove himself as either the most stubborn coach in the league, or completely oblivious to what is happening on the field. As has been mentioned, it's pretty bloody clear that Wallace just doesn't have the answers right now. Too many times he's taking on the line with nowhere to go. The team is basically telegraphing the cut out man play each time and teams are able to defend it with ease.

I get a bad feeling that Hook will stick with Wallace though, and the attack will look just as woeful.

Mr Saab

Referee
So scary how hook and henjaks 2 yrs basically mirrored each other
Both made the prelim final in yr one
Both missed the finals in their 2nd yr after an end of year slump

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Looks as though the Roosters have toweled up the Tigers. I guess our finals chances are in our own hands now.

Even though Penrith are well down the ladder, can't say I am overly confident about this one. Panthers have speed to burn, Tighe and Jennings in the centres, and may just simply be too fast for us.

As crap as Hoffman has been going, he probably needs to be our fullback. For BPs team, I'd replace Wallace with Baptiste. I'd also swap Thaiday and Glenn.

Big Pete

Referee
On form you'd want to relegate Thaiday but I just don't think it's the right move shifting our captain to the bench.

Wouldn't have an issue with dropping Wallace but let's be realistic here.

Big Pete

Referee
According to the CM there will only be a reshuffle but only one change to the side.

Copley IN, Hoffman to fullback, Norman to five eigth, Hunt to bench
Capewell OUT

Not a fan.

Keep an eye and an ear out for the judiciary as both McKendry & Jennings are facing charges that should see them rubbed out of the game.

Wallace at halfback, Penrith 13+

This sums up my view. Wallace, bless him, has a few seconds of competent play every week that is more frustrating than his interminable series of direct kicks to a full back. More frustrating, because it only serves to give whatever impetus is required to select him the following week.

Of course, Sammy is in a slump and Petro, legend that he undoubtedly is, no doubt is ready for a farewell match. Let's just hope his former club isn't celebrating at full time on Friday night.

I want us to win. Really. I am just worried. :(

Oh, and since this is my first post in the Broncs forum, hi.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I didn't think Wallace's kicks against Manly were too bad. He managed to find the grass quite a few times between fullback and winger. It's just far too often that he gets the ball 15m out and has absolutely no idea what to do with it.

Griffin should have some explaining to do if he names Wallace at 7 tomorrow given the form he's in, and the obvious alternative in a Hunt/Norman combo.

broncos2010

Juniors
Does not really matter if we win or lose this game our season is done and dusted.

We are total rubbish and should just find a new halves combination and go from there.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Does not really matter if we win or lose this game our season is done and dusted.

We are total rubbish and should just find a new halves combination and go from there.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that we are going to go far if we make the finals, but where would you rather finish? Inside the 8 or out? Would you rather see your team play just one or two more games or not?

Personally, the more Brisbane games I get to see the better. If that means going out in straight sets in the finals, so be it.

broncos2010

Juniors
I don't think anyone is under the illusion that we are going to go far if we make the finals, but where would you rather finish? Inside the 8 or out? Would you rather see your team play just one or two more games or not?

Personally, the more Brisbane games I get to see the better. If that means going out in straight sets in the finals, so be it.

I just don't understand how a team can fall apart so much in approx 2 months.

Couple months ago we where talking about the top 4 and maybe even minor premiership now we are talking about just making the finals.

I have broken to many things in the house the last month watching wallace and the rubbish he does on the field if so be I would rather only watch 1 more game then see us get destroyed by the cowboys in finals week 1.

jarro

Juniors
According to the CM there will only be a reshuffle but only one change to the side.

Copley IN, Hoffman to fullback, Norman to five eigth, Hunt to bench
Capewell OUT

Not a fan.

Keep an eye and an ear out for the judiciary as both McKendry & Jennings are facing charges that should see them rubbed out of the game.

I'm happy with those changes.

Don't forget, Hunt could come on and replace wallace if he continues his woeful form.

I am, however, tipping Wallace to have a great game.

Latest posts