What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26

parraeelz

Juniors
Hey guys I know many of you feel the season is over and may not want to get to the next couple of games but just to remind you this will most probably be Nathan Cayless' LAST GAME AT HOME. He's captained us I think for something like 218 games and has been there through the thick and the thin. Whether you rate him as a player or hate his guts you're all Parra fans and have to show respect. This is just a call to ensure that Caylo does get sent out in a good manner along with Mateo and Inu. Also you may never know..we could be playing for a top 8 position if things go our way. So just lets make sure the most capped eels and overall captain gets some satisfaction in his retirement despite the premiership if things don't go our way.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Frankly after the way he threw the ball away on 0 tackle with 3 minutes to go just 15m out from the line - he deserves to go out to an empty stadium.

Good onya Caylo for setting the record, but I'll be glad when you move on and we get a new 'culture' of leadership around the joint! I'm sick of him saying every season "we'll start out slow, but come home strong" - looks like it doesn't always pan out just right does it?

SCoops

Juniors
I will be there come rain, hail, shine or even losses.

Have to farewell those that are leaving this great club.

Coops

parraeelz

Juniors
Frankly after the way he threw the ball away on 0 tackle with 3 minutes to go just 15m out from the line - he deserves to go out to an empty stadium.

Good onya Caylo for setting the record, but I'll be glad when you move on and we get a new 'culture' of leadership around the joint! I'm sick of him saying every season "we'll start out slow, but come home strong" - looks like it doesn't always pan out just right does it?

I agree people are dissapointed...there have been many times I've pointed my finger at him and had a go...but if you look past these errors in games and take into the fact that he's captained us for so long and into 2 grand finals, I just think its fitting he gets a proper reception. Mind you I'm no big Cayless fan but after being at the game today and seeing him and Burty when we lost was devastating.

parra_jesus

Juniors

Good onya Caylo for setting the record, but I'll be glad when you move on and we get a new 'culture' of leadership around the joint!?

i unfortunately agree , like so many others on here. i will be at next weeks game at anz against the bunnies , and parra staduim against the warriors. to support the blue and gold . not to say farewell to captain cayless.. out of respect to nathan i will leave it at that

Djay

Juniors
I have this feeling he brings negativity and a fresh start is what we need.

I will be there as he is a true legend but, I will always question him as a captain.

sarahk

Juniors

I will be there as he is a true legend but, I will always question him as a captain.

Way too harsh! Cayless is a great captain. If you watch the way he is with players, he doesnt have to say much but they all have respect for him. I will definitely attend both games out of my love for parra and out of my love for Cayless. He deserves to be sent out in a packed stadium, finals or no finals.

Djay

Juniors
Way too harsh! Cayless is a great captain. If you watch the way he is with players, he doesnt have to say much but they all have respect for him. I will definitely attend both games out of my love for parra and out of my love for Cayless. He deserves to be sent out in a packed stadium, finals or no finals.
What makes me think that is why we have failed to win a premiership with him as captain and we have had some golden chances. Or could it be the coach I dunno, just really pissed off ATM.

Eels Dude

Coach

You don't have a right to. Only the players know how great a captain he is and how good his leadership is. None of the players ever have said a bad word against him as being our leader and they're the only ones that know his leadership skills... well apart from our 4 coaches this decade who've all retained him as captain. Cayless being captain is not the reason we've not won a premiership this decade.