What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Raiders Vs Knights

raidersforme

Juniors
Trevor Thurling has been named as part of a six man bench for the CFMEU Canberra for the Raiders Monday night match against the Newcastle Knights at Canberra Stadium, after only his first game back from a long term knee injury.
Thurling impressed coaching staff in last weekend's 26-18 win in the Premier League over the St George-Illawarra Dragons, and has been rewarded with a place in a 19 man Raiders squad.
Centre David Howell will miss Monday nights clash after pleading guilty to a grade one striking charge, and that sees Marshall Chalk move back into the Raiders starting line-up at centre.
Neville Costigan makes his return to the Raiders bench after serving his one match ban for a dangerous throw, while Terry Campese and Craig Frawley have been added to the bench as the Raiders medical staff monitors Ben Jones throughout the week after he injured his neck in Saturday night’s loss to the Storm.
NRL Telstra Premiership Round 3
CANBERRA RAIDERS V NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
CANBERRA STADIUM, MONDAY APRIL 2, 7.00pm
1. WILLIAM ZILLMAN
2. COLIN BEST
3. PHIL GRAHAM
4. MARSHALL CHALK
5. ADRIAN PURTELL
6. TODD CARNEY
7. MICHAEL DOBSON
8. SCOTT LOGAN
9. LINCOLN WITHERS
10. DANE TILSE
11. GLEN TURNER
12. BEN JONES
13. ALAN TONGUE (C)

14. TREVOR THURLING
15. JOE PICKER
16. JOSH MILLER
17. NEVILLE COSTIGAN
18. TERRY CAMPESE
19. CRAIG FRAWLEY

Macko8

Juniors
damn you got me by seconds....where is dunemann???still injured???thought he was due back this week.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Good to see Thurling and Frawley back in the mix. Replace Best and Purtell with Frawley and Howell next week and backline starts to look dangerous. How does Purtell survive, did anyone else notice on what side of the field most of Melbourne's tries were scored. I know he can't be held completely accountable but I think the stats from last year would also show more tries scored down his wing. Having said that I also noticed Best charging up in to thin air (ala his days at Dragons) on several occassions.

Thurling and Costigan give us much needed mongrel and would love to see them on the field at the same time. Weyman & TLL back next week hopefully, things are starting to look up. Jones, Picker and even Miller could be the one's to miss out. As much as I like Miller, I see Thurling as a better prospect.

Macko8

Juniors
Captain_Fred said:
Seconds? Wtf? :lol:
He got you by like 21 minutes

get farked you newy wanker.
i was looking on the forum, continously the past 20min waiting for someone to post the team against the knights,when i checked the raiders site it was up so i decided i would post the raiders team,when i finally did ''raidersforme" had posted before me by a few minutes probably.

That kinda smartarse remark especially from a newcastle supporter really pisses me off.
gear up for monday nights match.

Frederick

Staff member
Smartarse? It was the truth...he posted the team 21 minutes before you did :lol:
Anyway, bring on Monday :D

Macko8

Juniors
Captain_Fred said:
Smartarse? It was the truth...he posted the team 21 minutes before you did :lol:
Anyway, bring on Monday :D

it was actually 23 mintues when you look at the different times
Cant wait for monday:x

skeepe

Immortal
Macko8 said:
get farked you newy wanker.
i was looking on the forum, continously the past 20min waiting for someone to post the team against the knights,when i checked the raiders site it was up so i decided i would post the raiders team,when i finally did ''raidersforme" had posted before me by a few minutes probably.

That kinda smartarse remark especially from a newcastle supporter really pisses me off.
gear up for monday nights match.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're an idiot.

woodgers

Bench
I've got a feeling Frawley will start instead of Chalk. He'll want his utility on the bench. If so i'm actually quite pleased. I've said it before, Frawley could be a real key man in the backline if he gets serious.

C'mon Craig, prove your worth son!

Probably the best side he could have named. Not sure where Weyman is though, he was supposed to be back this week I thought.

Bicey_18

Bench
Should be a great game .... danger game for our boys seeing how your mob played last week, best of luck

nickraider

Juniors
Frawley in for Purtell would be good. Can't believe Purtell continues to get picked. It's time for Frawley to get another go. An injury free run would soon have him back to his best imo.

paulquinn49

Bench
Good to see Thurling back in firsts, close to our best player, let alone forward last year. Hopefully Chalk is boned for Frawley aswell.

Terry Campese...crazy :eek:

BSB Raiderman

Juniors
If we don't kick high to our wingers this week I'll f##king neck myself, last weeks little carney grubbers didn't work and we never gave best a jump at geyer :crazy:

Paullyboy

Coach
BSB Raiderman said:
If we don't kick high to our wingers this week I'll f##king neck myself, last weeks little carney grubbers didn't work and we never gave best a jump at geyer :crazy:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I was screaming at the telly for them to put a bomb up to Best's wing. Joel Monaghan scored a deadset thousand tries one season for us mainly by just jumping and catching bombs, I reckon Best could do something similar if they tried it.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
good luck lads n lasses..should be a cracker..(i actually think it will):p i think canberra are warming up to some damn good...just not yet hopefully:p haha

Raider_69

Post Whore
woodgers said:
I've got a feeling Frawley will start instead of Chalk. He'll want his utility on the bench. If so i'm actually quite pleased. I've said it before, Frawley could be a real key man in the backline if he gets serious.

C'mon Craig, prove your worth son!

Probably the best side he could have named. Not sure where Weyman is though, he was supposed to be back this week I thought.

he could also look complete uninterested and do nothing, as he did allllll last year

Timbo

Staff member
Frawley in for Purtell would suit me nicely.

I agree we need to hoof some more high balls this week-it's a tactic that's been strangely absent for rounds 1 and 2.

woodgers

Bench
Raider_69 said:
he could also look complete uninterested and do nothing, as he did allllll last year

Correct, but even he must know that he came here as a 'name' player on a decent salary from what we know. Now he is running around in the reggies in what is his contract year. The guy is 26 going on 27 and unless he wants to be packing on at Woolies in 2008 he needs to fire up, he'll know that. I think he will, he has to for his livelyhood. He can play too, lets not kid ourselves into thinking that he has no ability based on season 2006, he just needs to give it everything.

woodgers

Bench
I see your point guys but I prefer the grubber into the ingoal. That is the percentage play rather than the cross kick. Rolling it in gives the chance to not only score but also a good chance of getting a drop out. The cross kick has to be dead accurate or it results in a restart at the 20 more often than not.