What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

ggmu

Juniors
Such an embarrassing game in my opinion this game shows we should try to get Dugan. Stick him at fb move Norman to the halves with prince and Wallace to the bench. I know Reed is a good defensive centre but is there a slower back in the comp also has no idea how to pass it to his winger.

unbreaK

Juniors
Why do I support the Broncos again? I was born here and lived and breathed them my whole life, but they are seriously just doing my head in, absolutely garbage offensive performance.

People who need to be let go, as soon as possible:

Anthony Griffin
Jack Reed
Corey Norman (Let him sign with Para)

People who need to be signed:

Wayne Bennett (For 2014, let Kearney deal with them for the rest of this year)
Josh Dugan

New Guy

Juniors
Agree on Reed. He's in the team based on his 2011 form, but has been playing like shit. Not up to first grade standard. He cant even pass ffs

user_nat

Coach
Trying to think of some positives..
I guess we only conceded 8 points, and not I'm not sure about their try.
Scott Anderson usually plays worse.
Every loss like that is closer to Hook getting hooked.

New Guy

Juniors
Why do I support the Broncos again? I was born here and lived and breathed them my whole life, but they are seriously just doing my head in, absolutely garbage offensive performance.

People who need to be let go, as soon as possible:

Anthony Griffin
Jack Reed
Corey Norman (Let him sign with Para)

People who need to be signed:

Wayne Bennett (For 2014, let Kearney deal with them for the rest of this year)
Josh Dugan

Good post. sums up my feelings. We must make a play for Jed

New Guy

Juniors
Trying to think of some positives..
I guess we only conceded 8 points, and not I'm not sure about their try.
Scott Anderson usually plays worse.
Every loss like that is closer to Hook getting hooked.

Fair point. The pass was forward, but even then we still would have lost 2 zip

Didnt we resign griffin for 4 years, last year. Ah well, we can afford the payout.

unbreaK

Juniors
Fair point. The pass was forward, but even then we still would have lost 2 zip

Didnt we resign griffin for 4 years, last year. Ah well, we can afford the payout.

We signed him until the end of the 2015 season, but I'd happily tear that up.

On a side note; has anyone heard any updates on Yow Yeh? Man, we miss him.

ggmu

Juniors
Tbh everybody can see change is needed but u can bet ur house on the coach running out the same team week after week with the same game plan.

beads6

First Grade
We are a terrible football team. Hook has no clue how to get us to score points.

Big Pete

Referee
Well, that felt like a waste of time.

Spose the boys showed some guts in defence but gee even then it wasn't anything worth celebrating. We kept letting ourselves down with weak efforts mid-set that would let the Roosters off the hook.

Difficult to even come up with a 3,2,1 honestly.

Might have to go...

3. Corey Parker
2. Sam Thaiday
1. Scott Anderson

ggmu

Juniors
Ill get mine out of the way now
3- Parker
2- Thiaday
1- Dodds? not really anyone else i can think of

hellteam

First Grade
Such an embarrassing game in my opinion this game shows we should try to get Dugan. Stick him at fb move Norman to the halves with prince and Wallace to the bench. I know Reed is a good defensive centre but is there a slower back in the comp also has no idea how to pass it to his winger.

Yes Yes Yes

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Well, this game proved that Dugan is f**king essential. I wish I could say our go forward is woeful but we don't even have any at all. We missed Hodges badly tonight. So many sets in the Roosters half and zero points. Disgraceful. Reed has become virtually useless. Stagg to Centre and Kemp rotting in Reserve grade was an atrocious decision that should probably see Hook hooked.

Never been more disappointed in the side. If there isn't some major signings post season, I will be f**king pissed.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'm sorry but I'm just too upset to be giving votes for this game.

Our attack was below it's usual average, but am I completely surprised we scored 0 points? Well, yes, I am surprised, but not as surprised as one might think that I would be. This has been coming for a long long time. Our attack has consistently looked lost, slow, flat, stagnant etc for a very long time now. Even when we were flying high early 2012 I mentioned it, but no-one wanted to see the truth. Well the truth was there for everyone to see tonight. Take away Hodges and boy is it ugly.

I could spend some time specifying what is wrong with our attack but I could be here all night and it won't change anything.

Some have mentioned that at least our defence was good. Couldn't disagree more! Several times after the Roosters had defended set after set, just as soon as they got the ball back they had bodies in motion and were threatening to break our line at a consistent rate. Making metres was as easy as making vegemite on toast. These Roosters players shouldn't have had any petrol left in the tank to mount an attack but as soon as they got the ball we were constantly being dominated.

Yes our scramble defence was good, but our initial hits were soft and disgraceful.

Latest posts