What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3

amnrlfan

Juniors
USARL

Boston Thirteens (2-0) vs Oneida FC (0-2) - 13's looked good with a win over the Warriors last week and shouldn't have trouble running up the score on Oneida who is struggling again this year. 13's by 20+.

New Haven Warriors (1-1) vs Rhode Island Rebellion (0-2) - Should be a close match, I see RI grabbing their first win of the season. Rhode Island by 5.

Jacksonville Axemen (2-0) vs Washington D.C. Slayers (1-1) - DC is a tough squad but they don't have enough to beat the Axemen at home in the heat in front of a big home crowd. Axemen by 20+.

Philadelphia Fight (2-0) vs Baltimore Blues (0-2) - The Fight had no problems with the Blues last week putting 80+ on them and I don't see anything changing this week. Fight by 30+

AMNRL

Bulls (1-1) @ Knights (2-0) - With the Bulls still without Pope and Britt they wont have enough to come up with a win over the Knights who look good. Knights by 20+.

NOVA (0-2) @ Sharks (1-1) - Sharks should be able to handle Nova who is struggling this season. Sharks by 20+

Raiders (1-1) @ Wildcats (1-1) - Should be the game of the week in the AMNRL. The Cats barely lost last week to the Knights and should come out firing. Wildcats by 10+.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Why are Philadelphia and Baltimore playing each other in consecutive matches, and Boston and Oneida playing each other for the second time in 2 weeks?

IowaRL

Juniors
Why are Philadelphia and Baltimore playing each other in consecutive matches, and Boston and Oneida playing each other for the second time in 2 weeks?

It looks like in the USARL they play each other team once, and one other team twice.

New Haven and RI
Blues and Fight
Axemen and Slayers
Oneida and 13's.

These double games tend to take place in the first 4 rounds, probably as a way of decreasing travel for the start of the season for these teams (doesn't make sense with Oneida to Jacksonville in Rnd 2 tho). By playing thier closest rival twice, and early, teams like the Blues and Oneida have a slightly easier time (travel wise) to start the season. It's also easier to encourage your fans to see you locally if you play early locally.

druzik

Juniors

Raiders and Sharks played each other in consecutive weeks as well. and only 2 weeks seperate the Knight and wildcats

So really no different.

Its the way they have been scheduled. I remember a few years back in the NRL Cronulla and parramatta played each other with only a week appart.

Plus in the NRL not all teams play each other twice either.

Just the way it goes I suppose.

druzik

Juniors
USARL

Boston Thirteens (2-0) vs Oneida FC (0-2) - 13's looked good with a win over the Warriors last week and shouldn't have trouble running up the score on Oneida who is struggling again this year. 13's by 20+.

If there was to be an upset, I think it could be this game, Oneida 4+

New Haven Warriors (1-1) vs Rhode Island Rebellion (0-2) - Should be a close match, I see RI grabbing their first win of the season. Rhode Island by 5.

I think New Haven will bounce back with a vengence from last week and should win this. 10+

Jacksonville Axemen (2-0) vs Washington D.C. Slayers (1-1) - DC is a tough squad but they don't have enough to beat the Axemen at home in the heat in front of a big home crowd. Axemen by 20+.

Axemen at home is always a tough ask. It will be the axemen but not by 20, I will pick by 6+

Philadelphia Fight (2-0) vs Baltimore Blues (0-2) - The Fight had no problems with the Blues last week putting 80+ on them and I don't see anything changing this week. Fight by 30+

I will be going to this game. Looking forward to it. Though Baltimore are the new kids they are learning and getting better. Fight to win it though. 20+

AMNRL

Bulls (1-1) @ Knights (2-0) - With the Bulls still without Pope and Britt they wont have enough to come up with a win over the Knights who look good. Knights by 20+.

Knights will be too strong, the Castle is a fortress for them and they are the in form team of the last couple years. Knights 20+

NOVA (0-2) @ Sharks (1-1) - Sharks should be able to handle Nova who is struggling this season. Sharks by 20+

Game has been postponed.

Raiders (1-1) @ Wildcats (1-1) - Should be the game of the week in the AMNRL. The Cats barely lost last week to the Knights and should come out firing. Wildcats by 10+.

The Wildcats will also bounce back from their loss last week big time and should win. 10+

druzik

Juniors
It looks like in the USARL they play each other team once, and one other team twice.

New Haven and RI
Blues and Fight
Axemen and Slayers
Oneida and 13's.

These double games tend to take place in the first 4 rounds, probably as a way of decreasing travel for the start of the season for these teams (doesn't make sense with Oneida to Jacksonville in Rnd 2 tho). By playing thier closest rival twice, and early, teams like the Blues and Oneida have a slightly easier time (travel wise) to start the season. It's also easier to encourage your fans to see you locally if you play early locally.

I think its more a case of having the rivalries and cashing in on them, makes sense. Local derbies, Axemem and slayers has been a good match over the years.

islandlion

Juniors
AMNRL
Bulls at Knights
Bulls are still trying to develop some team chemistry and I don't think we'll see their full potential until the end of the season. The Knights are already in end of season form and are coming off of a hard fought win against the Wildcats. There will be a great match up in locks as veteran Tomahawk Sean Taylor squares off against 2011 USARL MVP Kevin Wiggins. The discipline of the Knights sees them overcome the Bulls fairly easily. Knights by 18.

Raiders at Wildcats
Both losers in round 2, the Raiders had big success in round 1 off the skillfull play of their Aussie imports and the Wildcats nearly knocked of the defending champ Knights in round 2. Matt Walsh proves to be too crafty from dummy half and Curtis Cunz too powerful as the Wildcats press on to a hard fought victory. Cats by 12.

Nova at Sharks
It appears as though this game is postponed. If the Eagles do show up to play however, they will be flogged. Phil Shippos and the All American boys are trying to move into peak form before next weeks encounter with the Knights. Sharks by 50.

USARL
Oneida at Boston 13's
After watching Oneida in round 2 I don't have much hope for them. Unless of course they intend on stomping on everyones heads. Boston by 50.

Rebellion at Warriors
After a promising first season the Rebellion are having a tough start to 2012 and I don't think things will get any easier this week against the Warriors. Warriors win regardless but if Siose Muliumu (most dominant player in the states) and Ewan Robinson kit up it could get ugly quick. Warriors by 18.

Slayers at Axemen
The Slayers fell to the Axemen in round 1 at home and the Axemen don't lose at Hodges stadium. It will be hot and loud in Jacksonville and whatever the Slayers try it won't be enough to overcome a spirited Axemen outfit at home. The Axemen have an overabundance of talent but as Brent Shorten and Shannon Heggarty draw attention, look for halfback Rich Alleger and dynamic winger Kade Pollard to steal the show. Axemen by 30.

Blues at Fight
Nothing need be said. Fight will let thier reserves play and win by 60.

Steve Davy

Juniors
Boston 13s had a comfortable win over Oneida. A very clean game, with a few star Boston players and greater experience and discipline proving the difference.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
Boston 13s had a comfortable win over Oneida. A berygtet clean game, with a few star Boston players and grater emperisme and disciplinen proving The difference.

Had a few after the game Steve? I hope the MC didn't have anything to drink prior to making any announcements. ;-)

amnrlfan

Juniors
AMNRL
Bulls 36 d Knights 34
Wildcats 42 d Raiders 20
Sharks vs Nova Canceled

USARL

Axemen 48 d DC 10
13's 64 d Oneida 6
Fight 82 d Blues 6
Rebellion 78 d Warriors 8

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Hard fought game in New York City with the Bulls edging out the Knights. A very physical encounter. I think it the next time they meet should not be missed.

druzik

Juniors
Hard fought game in New York City with the Bulls edging out the Knights. A very physical encounter. I think it the next time they meet should not be missed.

A very surprising results I thought. I would have picked the Knight any day on that, particularly with that big loos the bulls had against the Wildcats. And the knights having the close win last week I was sure would have spurned you on to make a better show.

Who were the Standouts for the Bulls and Knights on Saturday?

Latest posts