What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 side: Canberra vs Parramattitude

edabomb

First Grade
http://www.raiders.com.au/www/detail_desc.php?news_id=125 said:
Howell back for the Raiders

howell_06_1.jpg-f262c680ae79f72c942a01183bb025f7.jpg

The CFMEU Raiders have named a near unchanged line-up for their round four clash against the eels at Parramatta Stadium on Saturday night, with David Howell the only new inclusion to the side that decimated the Newcastle Knights 48-18 on Monday night.
Howell's return from his one match suspension sees Marshall Chalk move from the centers to the interchange bench for the Raiders, with Terry Campese moving back to 18th man for the Green Machine.
Raiders Coach Neil Henry has rewarded forwards Joe Picker, Trevor Thurling and Ben Jones for their hard work by keeping them in the side this weekend, despite the fact that the Raiders are set to welcome back a host of players back through injury on Saturday night.

CANBERRA RAIDERS V PARRAMATTA EELS
PARRAMATTA STADIUM, SATURDAY APRIL 7, 7.30pm

1. WILLIAM ZILLMAN
2. COLIN BEST
3. PHIL GRAHAM
4. DAVID HOWELL
5. ADRIAN PURTELL
6. TODD CARNEY
7. MICHAEL DOBSON
8. SCOTT LOGAN
9. LINCOLN WITHERS
10. DANE TILSE
11. NEVILLE COSTIGAN
12. BEN JONES
13. ALAN TONGUE (C)

Bench
14. MARSHALL CHALK
15. JOE PICKER
16. JOSH MILLER
17. TREVOR THURLING
18. TERRY CAMPESE

Howell sure leads a charmed existence. Let's hope he can repay the faith this weekend.

raidersforme

Juniors
Parramatta Eels Head Coach Michael Hagan has today named just one change to the side that defeated the Wests Tigers for Saturday night’s match against the Canberra Raiders at Parramatta Stadium.

Winger Eric Grothe will make his return from an ankle injury with Joel Reddy named in Premier League.

The Parramatta players will wear a replica of the 1947 strip in Saturday night’s match to commemorate 60 years in the competition.

Eels coach Michael Hagan says the Raiders will provide his team will a number of challenges.

“Their win last night will certainly sharpen the focus of our team. There are a number of good young players there that Canberra are obviously looking to build their team around for the future,” Hagan told www.parraeels.com.au.

“We have a couple of injury concerns with Nathan Cayless, Aaron Cannings and Timana Tahu. We will asses those players later in the week and make some adjustments if we have to,” Hagan added.

NRL vs RAIDERS
Parramatta Stadium
Sat 7 April 7:30pm
1 Luke BURT
2 Jarryd HAYNE
3 Ben SMITH
4 Timana TAHU
5 Eric GROTHE
6 Brett FINCH
7 Tim SMITH
8 Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 Mark RIDDELL
10 Aaron CANNINGS
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
12 Chad ROBINSON
13 Daniel WAGON

14 PJ MARSH
15 Josh CORDOBA
16 Ian HINDMARSH
17 Feleti MATEO

Source: www.parraeels.com.au

dubby

Bench
B Smith and Tahu will carve up Best and Howell. And i bet Parra will employ a very short kicking game to pressure Zillman and our lack of cover defence. Also, Hagan will have noticed our inability to lock up the ballcarrier. Off loads everywhere will catch up our lazy defenders who are always last off the ground.

Dont kid yourself boys, this will be a tough game. Look for Hindmarsh N to pressure Dobbos & Carneys kicks all night.

I think we are a goner for some reason.

Macko8

Juniors
Hmmm interesting his picked nearly the same side that smashed newcastle last night.
So this must mean Weyman,TLL,Turner,Dunemann and Goodwin are all in premier league
because weren't they due back this week?

Mal Meninga

Bench
edabomb said:
Howell sure leads a charmed existence. Let's hope he can repay the faith this weekend.
He'd be a good player if he knew what to do with the footy other than turn it over.
But than again same could be said about Boogs.

legend

Coach
If the Raiders move up quickly on Smith and Finch, we will win the game. Neither player likes being pressured and are mistake prone at the best of times.

It will be a very tough game but I'd be disappointed if we lost and failed to build on what we saw last night.

If the Eels give Carney an inch, he will take the proverbial mile.

Chachi

Bench
No major changes. Well there you go 'eh. Kudos to Henry for having confidence in the boys, although I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes closer to the game. I'm happy enough with him sticking with the majority of a winning side though - which sends the right message to the boys (note Brian Smith ;-)).

For some bizarre reason I'm actually a fan of Howell's and think he'll be a reasonable addition to the side over Chalk (who made a few handling mistakes and wasn't at his best last night). Having said that, Howell will certainly have his hands full against Smith. He looked horribly underdone against Manly so there will again be big questions asked of him after another week off. I'd like to see Howell on the wing and Purts in the centres in defence, but I guess that is unlikely.

I agree with dubby in that we really have to start locking up the ball carrier more consistently. I also think Parramatta will test us considerably more out wide, however that will largely depend on the performance of Smith and Finch (who was appalling against the Tigers IMO). Those two are probably due for a reasonable game together so I'm hoping it's not at our expense.

If our forwards continue where they left off on Monday we'll go OK. Like the Knights, Parramatta look pretty ordinary on the bench so hopefully we stay fit and with our depth roll over the top of them in the second half.

Should be good.

Timbo

Staff member
I'd have brought Howell for Purtell, not Chalk, but otherwise it's a nice looking outfit.

legend

Coach
Chalk was our worst last night despite scoring a try. He bombed an easy try, dropped a couple of balls and missed some easy tackles.

In a sparkling display by the Raiders, Chalk was disappointing.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
legend said:
Chalk was our worst last night despite scoring a try. He bombed an easy try, dropped a couple of balls and missed some easy tackles.

In a sparkling display by the Raiders, Chalk was disappointing.

Spot on. Pretty sure he will be omitted from bench with Campese to remain in 17.

parra pete

Referee
I think the Raiders have the potential to be the new Melbourne Storm
Youthful exhuberance and pace....you can rely on it to win games.
(Not this week I hope tho...:pray:)

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Can't see Weyman or Turner named anywhere. Either they are out for another week or there could be some late changes on Saturday night.

Bay56

First Grade
Is Howell really that good giving him the priviledge of walking straight back into FG ???

At the very least I'd not change a side that combined very well in one of their biggest wins for some seasons ... and certainly not for a player like Howell who gives us very little in defence and even less in strike power out wide.

Campo will unfortunately fall off the bench. Imo he played well and gave us an added kicking option ... something that I'm sure with the speed of Graham could be utilised in placing the defence in two minds.

Chalk will stay due to his utility value.

Great to see the likes of Tilse and Withers putting in good games after my criticism of them after game 1.

Gee I'm sick of Howell.

Its bad enough that he's a sh*t player, but now he has to come out to the media talkin sh*t. (inglis shot)

I agree we need to keep Campo in the 17. He was great in the centres last night, looks like he could of found his spot. Allthough he would be great for us at lock if we didn't have Tonguey there.

the Carney-Dobson-Zillman combination has to stay together and on the field for 80 mins every week.

Can't wait until TLL & Weyman are back in the side.

1. Zillman
2. Best
3. Graham
4. Campese
5. Purtell/Chalk
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Logan
11. Learoyd Lahrs
12. Costigan
13. Tongue

Thurling/Chalk
Picker
Weyman
Bickerstaff

Mad team.

Hopefully Henry can realize Howell sucks sooner rather than later.

Raider_69

Post Whore
For the record Thom Learoyd Lahrs and Bronx Goodwin have been named in PL this week
Turner and Weyman are no where to be seen, perhaps with our forwards form they have been given an extra week to make sure they are 100%

thommy should be back in fg in 2 weeks