What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 side: Canberra vs Parramattitude

Mal Meninga

Bench
legend said:
Chalk was our worst last night despite scoring a try. He bombed an easy try, dropped a couple of balls and missed some easy tackles.
Those type of performances have warranted an instant recall so far this season.

Timbo

Staff member
Bobby DIGital said:
TLL has to be back in first grade ASAP.
He's our best backrower by a fair margin

Why? I know he's a beast of the highest order, but tell me which forward deserves the axe off of Mondays effort? Even Campo was a machine in the backrow!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Timbo said:
Why? I know he's a beast of the highest order, but tell me which forward deserves the axe off of Mondays effort? Even Campo was a machine in the backrow!

How was campo a machine!!!!??/ He was solid, average in attack but made some good tackles and showed some grunt but I wouldn’t call him a "machine"

Raider Azz

Bench
TLL hasn't played since last season. he needs a couple of matches in PL to shake the cobwebs out.

julian87

Juniors
I would have picked Campo in the centres with Chalk on the becnh tbh. Howell does not deserve to walk back into first grade as a centre. Maybe to challenge Purtell's wing spot, but I'd play him in reggies fo sure.

skeepe

Immortal
NSWRL VB PREMIER LEAGUE ROUND 4
RAIDERS v EELS at Parramatta Stadium, kickoff 5:30pm

1 Bronx Goodwin
2 David Milne
3 Brett Kelly
4 Brad Cross
5 Chad Grintell
6 Glen Buttriss
7 Marc Herbert
8 Jason Williams
9 Ryan Hinchcliffe (c)
10 Willie Raston
11 Brenton Lawrence
12 Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
13 Steve McLean

14 Cy Lasscock
15 Ryan Barton
16 Craig Frawley
17 Damien Seears

COACH Tony Adam

NSWRL JERSEY FLEGG ROUND 4
RAIDERS v EELS at Parramatta Stadium, kickoff 3;50pm

1 Troy O'Sullivan
2 Junior Sau
3 Kose Lelei
4 James Stuart
5 Michael Brophy
6 David Barrie
7 Jordan Hammond
8 Nick Colley (c)
9 Mick Hill
10 Jay Lasscock
11 Josh White
12 Shaun Fensom
13 Graham Levu

14 Brodie Ridley
15 Vili Faingaa
16 Dan Scanlon
17 Justin Carney
18 Chris Borgese
19 Matt Campbell
20 Shea Moylan

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Whats with all the Howell hate? He isnt a bad option. Mad some wong decisions against Melbourne and his combination with Best is still rusty but I would have Howell over Chalk in the centres. Doesnt set the world on fire but he is a solid option. Campese played well but so did everyone else. You cant expect players like Weman, TLL, Turner etc to not be pushing for a first grade spot even if we do go on a winning streak.

Can i just add that one player he does deserve his spot on the bench is picker. He has been great for us. Everyone talking bout Zilly, Carney and Dobby. Throw Picker in there. He's our clean up man.

Zillman, Graham, Carney, Dobson, Withers, Weyman, Tilse, Picker, Tongue. Thats the nucleus of a great YOUNG side if all fit and playing in position (withers is great from hooker)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ive been very impressed with Picker's work thus far
monday night, patterson hit him with a great shot, he took and and advanced further, he is strong and has great mobility

raidersforme

Juniors
Raiders wary of Eels

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders will head into Saturday nights match against the Eels at Parramatta Stadium with a renewed enthusiasm, following Monday night’s big 48-18 win over the Newcastle Knights at Canberra Stadium.
After scoring three tries in the win William Zillman said the effort across the park on Monday night should be applauded, and the team would look to emulate that form this weekend.
"It’s really good to get our first win on the board and play that well as a team," Zillman said. "Parramatta is a good team and it could be anyone’s game on the night, but we know we’re up to it and we will be looking for another good performance."
Man of the match from Monday night Todd Carney said it was good to finally reap the rewards of a good team effort, and said the combinations within the side were starting to come together.
“We spoke earlier in the week that if we played eighty minutes and played well we would get a win up and we showed that on Monday night,” Carney said. “My combination with Zilly is slowly getting there as is my combination with Dobbo, it worked well last night and it’s something we will keep working on through the year.”
Raiders Coach Neil Henry named a near unchanged line-up for this week’s clash, with David Howell the only inclusion to Monday night’s winning squad.
Henry said Marshall Chalk’s versatility had brought forward the change to the team, and mentioned the return of some other Raiders this weekend.
“David is in the centres this weekend, Marshall Chalk is a good utility for us so he moves to the bench and we will have a look at the combinations a bit later in the week.” Henry said. “We have Glen Turner possibly coming back this weekend, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs is making his comeback through Premier League, Michael Weyman may be available to play and we won’t know on them until the end of the week.”
Henry said the Raiders would not get too carried away with their first win of the season, and expects a tight contest against the Eels on Saturday night.

“There are no guarantees from week to week but if we can turn up and play with the same attitude then we will test Parramatta,” he said. “They’re coming off the back of their first win at home and they had a good crowd there last week, and they have some momentum back with Nathan Hindmarsh playing some good football, so we will need to turn up and be on our game.”

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/detail_desc.php?news_id=130

i see this as a real test this game and also a good indication of if howell is a protected species

dubby

Bench
No need to rush Horse back yet, our forwards have been in good form. I have a tendency to put Mick in cotton wool until he is 100% right. Picker/Thurling/Costigan have all played well as have Tilse and Logan.

Leave the side alone.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Tidus_Raider said:
Tough call to see who drops out if Weyman is brought in.

thurling would be the obvious choice imo
he seemed to play the mick weyman role monday night

Macko8

Juniors
something we always do is play quite good footy against the eels.
Last season i think we beat them at parramatta stadium 30-10????

By memory carney has always shown good displays against the eels as have everyone else.
I think this will be a tight match.

always a raider

Juniors
Macko8 said:
something we always do is play quite good footy against the eels.
Last season i think we beat them at parramatta stadium 30-10????

By memory carney has always shown good displays against the eels as have everyone else.
I think this will be a tight match.

Half the team used to be ex-eels, we don't have any now. Well in 1st grade anyway.

jed

First Grade
Correct, there's still a few in PL though.

Schif, Smith, Hodgo, Hindy, Drew... all gone. Got a nagging feeling there was another 1 or 2 over the last few years too?