What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Team vs Knights

Panther Pete

Juniors
I was expecting that left edge defence to bleed tries all game but Newy scored their first few up the middle. The team just did not look like they could be bothered.

Still mad at Kite

And those two early tries up the middle were very, very soft.

Blade23

Juniors
Peachey has been shit in 2015.

Dude at least he is having a go.
He made 24 tackles yesterday and didn't miss one. Only Latimore is the other player not to miss any tackles.
He hit the ball up 21 times thats triple McKendry's runs and almost double Kite's our 2 starting props
Made 138 metres. The most of any panthers
6 tackle breaks
5 offloads
1 line break
1 error and 2 penalties conceded. Not ideal.
He is coming back from a serious injury so it will take time for him to get that explosiveness back in his game.
But at least he is having a go.
He tried his heart out yesterday. Others did not.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
We had some excuses coming into this game. Monday night into 1st game on Saturday, does any other team get this? 3rd half pairing is as many weeks. Missing our no.1 hooker. But there was no excuses for that first 20 mins. Defence was non excisstant. As Wallace said after the game, that was the match gone right there.

betcats

Referee
3 tries to 1, 2 video ref turn downs, numerous chances including a drop with an open line. All with that scoreboard pressure. Easily the better team after the poor start.

I agree. Pissweak first 20 but we were fairly on top the rest of the game. Nowhere near our best but still on top of them. We looked like a team missing their first choice hooker and half.

Moylan needs to take the like on more instead of just dumping it off to whare, keep the defenders guessing a bit or they'll just slide all day. What is with out 5th tackle options I swear we tried for 1 repeat set the whole game and put it dead. Anyway onto next week.

maple_69

Bench
Moylan has been playing fullback. It hasn't been his job to pass, run, kick. Soward has been that guy. He'll get there but I wouldn't expect him to get the mix right immediately.

mxlegend99

Referee
Storm just played Cowboys into form and we could easily be staring at 3 losses in a row. Was hoping they would get flogged and lose all confidence when staring at 5 losses in a row. instead that come from behind victory will see them full of confidence.

We have the edge at hooker and in the backline, but halves and forward pack are in the Cowboys favour. If our pack doesn't step up Taumololo will single handedly win the game for Cowboys and Thurston will just be the icing on the cake. Shut them down though and we should get the win. They were the main force behind the Cowboys fight back.

franklin2323

Immortal
Dude at least he is having a go.
He made 24 tackles yesterday and didn't miss one. Only Latimore is the other player not to miss any tackles.
He hit the ball up 21 times thats triple McKendry's runs and almost double Kite's our 2 starting props
Made 138 metres. The most of any panthers
6 tackle breaks
5 offloads
1 line break
1 error and 2 penalties conceded. Not ideal.
He is coming back from a serious injury so it will take time for him to get that explosiveness back in his game.
But at least he is having a go.
He tried his heart out yesterday. Others did not.

Yeah he was good. Him, RCG & Latimore need to start. Whether we just bench Manu, Kite & McKendry or drop them completely given the injuries is the question

franklin2323

Immortal
Was Manu injured? Because his involvement was pathetic. 28min, 6 hitups for 42m, 12 tackles, no tackle breaks, 1 penalty.

I think he was hooked after that non attempt for their 3rd try. Look at McKendry's aswell. Sure we are missing Soward but the rest of our game is down on what it should be aswell

betcats

Referee
The only thing we won was the possession but no repeat sets. You don't concede 50 miss tackles and lose the penalties 12-6 and expect to win games

I said we were far from our best, doesnt mean we weren't on top for a lot of that game. Like you said we still managed to have more possesion despite being and caned in the penalty count and none of that possesion was off the back of repeat sets. After that 10 or 15 mintue period when they scored their 3 tries we scored 3 and had 1 denied that was probably a try compared to their 1 try.

martielang

Bench
I thought Peachey with ET, were our best on the weekend. Find it hilarious that people are willing to put it all on John for an average game against the Roosters but completely bypass Cartwright this week who was terrible. Having John in the side at least gives us some balance even if he isn't the second coming of Fittler.

If John is out, Peach needs to be 5/8th. Found it strange he wasn't there last week.

McKendry back to the bench (or dropped), Lats or Anderson into the starting side. If BMM was fit, he'd be a walk up start as well. Maybe even look at T Sop at the expense of Manu, although other than last week, I think hes been OK.

Idris and Mansour will work their defence out. I wouldn't be making any major changes there.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I said we were far from our best, doesnt mean we weren't on top for a lot of that game. Like you said we still managed to have more possesion despite being and caned in the penalty count and none of that possesion was off the back of repeat sets. After that 10 or 15 mintue period when they scored their 3 tries we scored 3 and had 1 denied that was probably a try compared to their 1 try.

Being on top for a bit doesn't mean we played a good game. Just wasn't terrible for all of it

franklin2323

Immortal
I thought Peachey with ET, were our best on the weekend. Find it hilarious that people are willing to put it all on John for an average game against the Roosters but completely bypass Cartwright this week who was terrible. Having John in the side at least gives us some balance even if he isn't the second coming of Fittler.

If John is out, Peach needs to be 5/8th. Found it strange he wasn't there last week.

McKendry back to the bench (or dropped), Lats or Anderson into the starting side. If BMM was fit, he'd be a walk up start as well. Maybe even look at T Sop at the expense of Manu, although other than last week, I think hes been OK.

Idris and Mansour will work their defence out. I wouldn't be making any major changes there.

Cartwright wasn't invisible out there. That's the main problem I had with John. I'd rather a bad game then just nothing.

I'd run this pack

RCG
Seg
Latimore
Yeo
Peachey
Taylor

Brown
Cartwright
Kite
Sopoaga.