What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dogs

qld redvee

Juniors
Well perform or perish was just too hard and an option of replacements if the right adjustment can be made looks like being too hard so lets do the supercoach answer to all problems BLAME THE FULLBACK .. Thats right move the fullback on BUT keep a koala safe by moving him from 5/8 to fullback . Then its stated that Korbin killed it when the reserves belted the firsts BUT you are banished because my mate Merrin deserves a run ... And drop Tyrell who usually plays with a bit of gusto so we can play that 2nd hooker BUT keep Aitken on the bench .. How Norman is suddenly a better fullback option is baffling he hardly did anything of note in that position last year BUT suddenly he is the missing link ... Supercoach obviously did this team selection by himself there couldnt have been any rational input from any of the many helpers he has... I really wish we were going up against the raiders or roosters to really test out this unbelievable side .. 2 forwards on the bench means the supercoach will have to give luke more minutes so cam to lock for a while ..... graham plays a straight 30 and not sighted against the warriors I cant see him doing much more this week

RedVDave

First Grade
Mary must have short term memory loss we tried the Norman at fullback experiment last year and it was a colossal failure.

But hey if he wants to make his own bed he'd better enjoy laying in it.

Also one hooker and one centre on the bench, huh?

Last edited:

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Against the Dogs does he experiment or go with the tried and failed?

He is well and truly under the pump now or so it seems.

If he decided to roll the dice & let it all ride by doing something like this
Sailor
Saab
Lomax
Williame
Pereira
Hunt
Clune
Fuimaono
Frizz
T Sims
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr

Bench
Ford
Lawrie
Host
Brittain

And if it came to pass that type of side comes out and puts a score on the Dogs and Titans what does the board then do ??? give him a tick?

Hopefully they belt another nail into his coffin straight away and ask why the hell has it taken so long to implement what was apparent to everyone else at least 2 years ago and why did he have to be dragged kicking and screaming to get there.

Regardless of the result his tenure has to be over as a win is not as a result of anything but the pressure valve being fit to burst which is not a sustainable outcome as 2 or 3 losses in a row will just rebuild the pressure very quickly.

OT, I would have been happy to see your team run out next Monday but I did not find it till I looked up Mary's team so now have other issues on my mind. So just briefly I liked your greater emphasis on talented young players such as Sailor, Clune, Ford and Fuimaona. I can't comment on Saab only having seen him very briefly but we certainly do need someone who can challenge for a bomb when that appears our only last tackle option. If Mary could pick a side like yours it would be easier to tolerate his retention for the rest of the season- team selection has been such ongoing failure on his part.

Now to Mary's selection. I will only make one query: how could he leave out Fuimaono altogether? I thought he did a good job against the Tigers, was the strongest forward in the Panthers' game and did not get off the bench against the Warriors till the game was gone.

Given the fact that Mary has now accepted your view of Korbin I can only hope he looks at your team list for future ideas. Then again, in a couple of weeks his role at the Dragons may be restricted like ours to posting and reading on this Forum.

be55

Juniors
If you take the “I hate Aitken” blinkers off, I actually thought he was really effective through the middle last week. One of the few to trouble the defence with leg speed and strength. He has a future in a role through the middle.
I don't really have a problem with Aitken other than the fact he can't pass he can't tackle and has the footy IQ of a kumquat other than that he's a pretty good player...you do realise he wasn't picked last week as part of the forward rotation he was picked as cover for any backs that went down...he got 20 minutes at the end of the game and did nothing...wow I thought the Aitken ship sailed long ago I guess not...in my opinion he should have been dropped years ago.. I've seen him bomb enough tries and miss enough tackles to last a lifetime...

boardlumps62

Juniors
Please i need help !!! I just can't understand ..... one of MANY major F*&$UPS last week was leaving Luke out and playing Aitken, So this week we leave out Fui out and playing both luke and aitken ????
Why Why Why
I can only assume he is going for agility and speed with these new rule changes ..... and even then i still cant agree
If someone has an answer for me please let me know.
Why didn't he go for speed and agility last week. That's what's needed speed and more speed. We had this guy on the forum that always wanted speed and only more speed that was a year or two ago nothing's changed. Where is that guy he was a real Dragon.

hazzbeen

Bench
Why didn't he go for speed and agility last week. That's what's needed speed and more speed. We had this guy on the forum that always wanted speed and only more speed that was a year or two ago nothing's changed. Where is that guy he was a real Dragon.
Dino where are you ...... ?????

Dragon David

First Grade
I think the best case scenario all things considered is a win, but only a close one. One that won't do anything to help Mary but will allow the players some reason to smile for once
It would be great to hear the guys sing the team song in the dressing room after the win for a change. I wonder if the guys still remember the tune and words?

The Friz

Juniors
I don't really have a problem with Aitken other than the fact he can't pass he can't tackle and has the footy IQ of a kumquat other than that he's a pretty good player...you do realise he wasn't picked last week as part of the forward rotation he was picked as cover for any backs that went down...he got 20 minutes at the end of the game and did nothing...wow I thought the Aitken ship sailed long ago I guess not...in my opinion he should have been dropped years ago.. I've seen him bomb enough tries and miss enough tackles to last a lifetime...
You’re entitled to your opinion like anyone else. He may not have picked as part of the middle rotation but that is where he ended up and imo did quite well and offered more than both Graham and Lawrie. I don’t mind him on the bench as part of forward rotation now, as long as that is how he is used. Smaller, faster forwards like Murray, Radley and Brandon Smith have been very effective. Not saying Aitken is their level, but would like to see him develop into that role rather than centre.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well at least Clune is in which is what I wanted to see. I hope he kills it. He has nothing to lose. Just have a great game is all I want to see him have. He couldn't possibly be any worse than Norman. Pereira will love him in the team I feel.

redVinme

Bench
You’re entitled to your opinion like anyone else. He may not have picked as part of the middle rotation but that is where he ended up and imo did quite well and offered more than both Graham and Lawrie. I don’t mind him on the bench as part of forward rotation now, as long as that is how he is used. Smaller, faster forwards like Murray, Radley and Brandon Smith have been very effective. Not saying Aitken is their level, but would like to see him develop into that role rather than centre.
Why a failed centre though. We have Fui and Ford can fill that role. Ready to go now