What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just watched the second half of the game.....I know we have players out but if we play with the same confidence and enthusiasm of late we can take this game...Norman needs to take control this week and be creative but not blaise....and of course our forwards need to match theirs.....AM could come in handy having played with them as Im sure Tyson will be an asset to them re our game....although having said that we never really had a game plan or structure under McGrexit did we........Im not counting my chickens just yet but Im quietly confident especially after the Tigers rolled them today

ChocOConnor

Juniors
We will be competitive but having a full crowd Easter Sunday and 2 of our best out at this stage of the year may be hard to come over. But hook seems to be a coach who can adapt to different games unlike McMoron and his scrimmage bullshit. But we also need to be comfortable being uncomfortable. I’ll remember that next time watching Putin blast a neighboring country and ask myself geez wonder how they are feeling at being uncomfortable.

kit66

Bench
Watching the Tigers v Knights game I think we can beat the Knights next weekend despite the loss of Hunt & Bird. They are far from impressive in the first half.

I only saw the first half and both teams were poor, the Tiges blew some great opportunities.

Last time we played Newie you could argue we were at our lowest point in 8 or 9 years or possibly ever. We were 13th on the ladder, we'd lost 3 on the trot and our useless coach was sacked and replaced by an incompetent freeloader who had absolutely no idea. We made 15 errors, gave them 5 penalties and a few restarts and let them blow us off the park in the first half 30 - 6. The man in jersey 1 played 5/8, jersey 9 played halfback, jersey 13 played hooker, 14 played starting prop etc, no f**king idea what was going on but we managed to match them in the second half ( 12 all ) I think because the boys just went f**k it let's play our way and ignore the young wanker with the clipboard. Over 400 tackles, ridiculous. Not a good day.

Things will be far different next Sunday. We're on the up, we're 4th ( or 5th if Titans get a big win ) on the ladder, won two in a row, 9 day turnaround, we're scoring points and defending like Trojans, confidence abounds and our new coach seems to come up with a different game plan for each team we face ( will wonders never cease ). We're actually 2nd best in attack with 81 points. We'll miss Hunt and knobhead Jack but they're without the Pong, Bradman Best and possibly Jacob Saifiti plus we'll have the very experienced Clune to step in and maybe Bud on the bench so not too bad overall.
I've gotta say their backs don't impress me at all and I think that's where we'll win it if our pack can just negate / match theirs for a good part of the game.

Dragons by 8

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I only saw the first half and both teams were poor, the Tiges blew some great opportunities.

Last time we played Newie you could argue we were at our lowest point in 8 or 9 years or possibly ever. We were 13th on the ladder, we'd lost 3 on the trot and our useless coach was sacked and replaced by an incompetent freeloader who had absolutely no idea. We made 15 errors, gave them 5 penalties and a few restarts and let them blow us off the park in the first half 30 - 6. The man in jersey 1 played 5/8, jersey 9 played halfback, jersey 13 played hooker, 14 played starting prop etc, no f**king idea what was going on but we managed to match them in the second half ( 12 all ) I think because the boys just went f**k it let's play our way and ignore the young wanker with the clipboard. Over 400 tackles, ridiculous. Not a good day.

Things will be far different next Sunday. We're on the up, we're 4th ( or 5th if Titans get a big win ) on the ladder, won two in a row, 9 day turnaround, we're scoring points and defending like Trojans, confidence abounds and our new coach seems to come up with a different game plan for each team we face ( will wonders never cease ). We're actually 2nd best in attack with 81 points. We'll miss Hunt and knobhead Jack but they're without the Pong, Bradman Best and possibly Jacob Saifiti plus we'll have the very experienced Clune to step in and maybe Bud on the bench so not too bad overall.
I've gotta say their backs don't impress me at all and I think that's where we'll win it if our pack can just negate / match theirs for a good part of the game.

Dragons by 8
Agree and i don’t think we can use Hunt and Bird as an excuse. They are very gettable Newcastle and if we construct and build pressure we can beat these blokes.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
To secure a win our defence will need to work even harder in this next game.

MP may not be everyone’s cup of tea as a player but he will certainly go deep into the line and sorely rest our defensive set up with a couple of powerful running forwards on his hip.

JB will also test our revolve around the ruck with plenty of darts.

The game is very winnable but we need to continue to keep improving our concentration and work rate at critical times and we most certainly can’t afford to not clean up the numerous in goal kicks that will be coming from the Knights.

Hopefully Sowie is not just teaching us how to kick and that we have adequate time where we learn to defend his attacking kicks as he was a master at putting teams under pressure with an astute kicking game.

jeffdragon

Bench
We only have 21 available
So Wiliame to centre
Clune to half
Maybe Ford to bench
Extras JP, Max, Kade and Eddie back from suspension.
So depth is already a problem.
Why dont we have more than 21 available.
I know one jdb.
They are still hanging their hat on him playing again.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Should also exploit Frizell. Tough tackler but often comes up too quick and leave holes in the defensive line on the defensive right side. Norman, Simms and Dufty...again please.

Latest posts