What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

Snappy

Coach
Same team except McGuire is back, Kennedy moves to the bench, and Hala named 18th man

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Would have been nice to see Hala in place of Lowrie or Wallace... But overall the team has been going well so makes sense not to change things up too much.

Quite happy to see Oates retain his spot.

AceAv

Juniors
Id take Hala over Wallace -His impact is essential!

Watching the Drag Queens play for the most part vs Cronulla -I think we're in real trouble when it comes to containing Morris & Nightingale. The game will be won on field position and discipline I think, because if we allow them to get close to our line, expect their flyers to pluck them out of the air and score like they did against the Sharks.

Our opportunities seems like they will come out of dummy half, so we need need Macca to be sharp here. Can't wait for this game -half considering going to the gong to see it, but then thought of all the toothless Illawarra supporters boo'ing every time the Broncos make a tackle and decided not too!

Big Pete

Referee
tumblr_molqyk7UWP1r4gei2o1_400.gif

I am the ultimate League Unlimited keyboard warrior!

u4er

Juniors
Just thought I'd let you know that I really, really hope you lose.

Strange negative attitude you have there chap. I tend to hope my team wins, rather than hoping for the other team to lose. But I'm a pretty positive guy.

Hoping for big things from the Broncs this week. Our defense has been pretty good thus far, and our attack looks to be coming together slowly. Hopefully Hunt continues his form from last week, and Barba starts to step up and get involved more. Few silly errors last week so hopefully they're ironed out. The Dragons haven't really been tested yet this season, should be an interesting encounter.

Broncos by 12+

AceAv

Juniors
Hoping we lose? -I smell fear dog-king!!

-Well expect a wet game tomorrow night. Been pissing down all week with no signs of relent.

BennyV

Referee
Id take Hala over Wallace -His impact is essential!

Watching the Drag Queens play for the most part vs Cronulla -I think we're in real trouble when it comes to containing Morris & Nightingale. The game will be won on field position and discipline I think, because if we allow them to get close to our line, expect their flyers to pluck them out of the air and score like they did against the Sharks.

Our opportunities seems like they will come out of dummy half, so we need need Macca to be sharp here. Can't wait for this game -half considering going to the gong to see it, but then thought of all the toothless Illawarra supporters boo'ing every time the Broncos make a tackle and decided not too!

I think the game will likely favour the team with the best forward pack.

Merrin > Broncos forwards.

Discuss.

grandorient

Bench
I'm am not trolling, when I say that the Broncos are playing very well this year.

What do you guys put this down to. In our case, I think it is many things, including Widdop, Beale, Quinlan playing well and Rein finally getting his act together. In addition Creagh and Merrin seem to have lifted their games to another level.

Well. I obviously won't wish you guys good luck, but rather a great game, without injuries and certainly not influenced by poor ref decisions.

GO

blaza88z

Coach
Barba is a big addition for us this year, he hasn't been instrumental in our wins, only the Bulldogs game where he put on a kick that lead to a try in a low scoring game, I guess that's a good thing to know we can win games when he's not at his best.

Thaiday as a wide running backrower is another huge bonus, Parker's offloads as well as his non-stop effort, McCullough playing 80 minutes making 40ish tackles a game, Copley has come back a different player although he still makes some poor decisions you can see him getting better week by week.

Our front row provide alot of go forward which helps without a doubt, I just think everyone in the team is doing a job at a competent level, early on our halves looked bog-standard and there will be periods this year where they will remain to look bog-standard but it is a big improvement on last year, Hoffman looks likely to make a linebreak and Hunt can setup a try 10 out from the line, his long kicking needs work as does his grubber to force a repeat set but it's an improvement on last year despite those negatives surrounding him, we look dangerous with the ball again.

I think we'll be in the mix of teams from 5th to 10th on the ladder and will definitely be better next season with the addition of Milford and Hunt getting a full season as halfback, it's exciting as a Brisbane fan after going through some lean years to finally have something to cheer about.

We're missing Kahu and Hodges who are 2 quality players as well although I have question marks surrounding Hodges with all his injuries.

grandorient

Bench
Thanks for that Blaza.

How do you see Friday night going. Personally, I think it will be a close one, with perhaps the home ground giving us the advantage. However the wet track will make things interesting.

As far as Corey Parker goes, I think he is one of the unsung heroes of of our game.

GO