What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4

Goddo

Bench
USARL:

Oneida FC vs Boston 13s (8 vs 7)

Washington DC Slayers vs New Haven Warriors (3 vs 4)

Philadelphia vs Jacksonville (1 vs 2)

Rhode Island Rebellion vs New Jersey Turnpike Titans (6 vs 5)

AMNRL:

Atlantic Conference:
Bucks County Sharks vs New York Raiders
Delaware Vipers vs Aston Bulls

2 byes (Connecticut Wildcats and New York Knights)

Pacific Conference (Hawaii comp):
Allstars vs Marist
Islanders vs Harlequins

Midwest Challenge Match:
Chicago Stockyarders v Detroit ???

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Tips
Oneida FC 12 - 34 Boston 13s

Washington DC Slayers 28 - 24 New Haven Warriors - this one will be close.

Philadelphia Fight 32 - 30 Jacksonville Axemen - home ground advantage will be the difference in top of table clash.

Rhode Island Rebellion 36 vs 30 New Jersey Turnpike Titans

EDIT - a win for Philadelphia, Jacksonville and Washington will pretty much guarentee a finals berth with 4 wins. A loss for Oneida, Boston and Rhode Island will make getting to the finals very difficult. A lot riding on each clash this weekend.

Last edited:

amnrlfan

Juniors
USARL

Oneida vs 13's - This one is a toss up. Whom ever comes to play that day will come up on top.

Slayers vs Warriors - Two strong sides, Slayers will need strong defense if they want to hold off the Warrios. I'm going to have to take the Warriors by 4.

Fight vs Axemen - Jacksonville will be traveling up to Philly and will have their work cut out for them. This will be the game of the week and should be entertaining throughout the entire match. I don't think the Fights defense is strong enough to hold off the Axemen. Axemen by 10.

Rebellion vs Titans - Both teams look to be a strong so far this year but I do not think the Rebellion have what it takes to come up on top. Titans by 12+

AMNRL

Sharks vs Raiders - Sharks coming off a tough loss will bounce back and take down the Raiders. Sharks by 12+

Vipers vs Bulls - Vipers are struggling and wont have enough in both offense and defense to match the Bulls - Bulls by 20+

Hawaii Comp ?????

druzik

Juniors
I am curious that the Hawaiian Comp lost its first round this weekend... with no modification to the schedule to have teams play an even number.

I will be up in Chicago next week for the Stockyarders v Detroit game.

deluded pom?

Coach
Bulls v Vipers should be interesting. Will they wear shirts with a Bulls' badge on the front and a Vipers' badge on the back?

amnrlfan

Juniors
not sure about the AMNRL but the USARL round 4 should have some good matches if anyone is in the area. This will be the week to do who really stands out and whos the team(s) to beat. Any word on Apple Pope, has he kitted up for either AMNRL or USARL team ?

druzik

Juniors
not sure about the AMNRL but the USARL round 4 should have some good matches if anyone is in the area. This will be the week to do who really stands out and whos the team(s) to beat. Any word on Apple Pope, has he kitted up for either AMNRL or USARL team ?

Apple is on the Vipers team list, though still down in Jax.

I have heard that the Vipers said that they will fly Apple each weekend to play games? Not sure if that has been happening. Certainly haven't heard that that is the case.

amnrlfan

Juniors
I know this as been argued and everyone is over hearing about it. But it is just odd to me. If the tomahawks are looking to get to the world cup, the players that are eligible should be able to play for any comp or team. The USA Eagles have players from comps and teams all over the world. If they decided to only allow players from certain teams and comps and not others, to be selected, they would suffer (even more then they are). If I am the coach I would personally want my players and espcailly my captain not only to be playing but to be playing on a team that sees the most difficult opposition. Now idealy overseas is the best option. However if most players play in the AMNRL they see two decent matches the Knights and the Sharks. Now if they are allowed to play for the other option USARL they probably see more difficult teams and better quality of rugby. Point being your going to suit up a guy as capt after 8 months of no matches. Let him run around with who ever he wants to play for so the team does not suffer come Sept. Maybe I am wrong but I am sure there is one of you out there that agrees.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I know this as been argued and everyone is over hearing about it. But it is just odd to me. If the tomahawks are looking to get to the world cup, the players that are eligible should be able to play for any comp or team. The USA Eagles have players from comps and teams all over the world. If they decided to only allow players from certain teams and comps and not others, to be selected, they would suffer (even more then they are). If I am the coach I would personally want my players and espcailly my captain not only to be playing but to be playing on a team that sees the most difficult opposition. Now idealy overseas is the best option. However if most players play in the AMNRL they see two decent matches the Knights and the Sharks. Now if they are allowed to play for the other option USARL they probably see more difficult teams and better quality of rugby. Point being your going to suit up a guy as capt after 8 months of no matches. Let him run around with who ever he wants to play for so the team does not suffer come Sept. Maybe I am wrong but I am sure there is one of you out there that agrees.
It's not an official or policy decision like you are making out, it's just Niu attempting to bribe players so he can cling on to power. As far as I'm concerned it's unforgivable on his part and it just completely undermines the AMNRL and the other non-corrupt people who are still involved in that competition.

deluded pom?

Coach
Unconfirmed but posted on the TRL forum by an English guy who's playing for Oneida. Oneida 36 v Boston 13s 26. Good maiden victory for Oneida.

Sharks 36 - Raiders 18

After going up 30-0, Sharks hold off a late Raiders rally for the win up in NY. Sharks travelled with 19 - good showing from the youngsters on the club.