What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Wow this forum is dire atm. On the bright side, Arthur Miller-Stephens and Dick Penisini should be fully fit and ready to go for the start of next year and could be genuine shots of playing consistent FG footy.

The year after an ACL is usually a write off. I'll be happy of they can consistently play reserve grade and given their ages 21 and 20 with an entire year off that'll be a good mark to hit

EppingEel

Juniors
Also while I am here, whats the consensus on Apa Twidle on here? He's been my favourite junior for the past few years, and although he hasn't played cup yet (more so due to his lack of size), he has the skill, and the raw pace to be a successful NRL player.

EppingEel

Juniors
The year after an ACL is usually a write off. I'll be happy of they can consistently play reserve grade and given their ages 21 and 20 with an entire year off that'll be a good mark to hit
Yeah thats true, maybe I jumped the gun a little bit on that. AMS in particular will be interesting to watch in regards to whether he has kept his speed.

JokerEel

Coach
Also while I am here, whats the consensus on Apa Twidle on here? He's been my favourite junior for the past few years, and although he hasn't played cup yet (more so due to his lack of size), he has the skill, and the raw pace to be a successful NRL player.
Was over looked for Blaize because the club was doing everything to get Blaize to stay.

Should be in CUP next year

Gronk

Staff member
Was over looked for Blaize because the club was doing everything to get Blaize to stay.

Twidle seems to be the real deal. Plays 1 or 6. Kicks goals.

Will be signed my Manly or someone, nothing surer. :eek:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s all well and good to tell players they can look elsewhere but does the club actually have a plan in place on which direction they’re going to go next?
When Penrith moved on the likes of Whare, Maloney, RCG, Blake, Grant, DWZ they clearly knew what they were doing even though commentators were confused as to how they’d be competitive after losing so many quality first graders. Does the club know something the fans don’t?
It’ll be to free up cap space for 2026.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was quite impressed with the try Jake Tago scored against the Wahs - took a bit of skill to finish that play off.

I don't think he's anywhere near our top 17, unless we are desperate, but he's playing better than I thought he would be.
He performed well in reserve grade, which is what you want from a backup.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Talagi has always been a massive talent. Twidle was good in SG Ball but a realistic chance of never playing first grade. He’s 20 this year and there’s plenty of opportunities in reserve grade. If he’s going to become a first grader I’d expect him to play reserve grade no later than 2025, and ideally this year.

lingard

Coach
So considering nobody with any talent is available for 2025, we might as well look to 2026, and negotiations can start in November. The following fullbacks are uncontracted for 2026, in no particular order:

Allan
Cobbo
Doueihi
Gutherson
Iongi
Kennedy
Laurie
Nicoll-Klokstad
Papalii (the one at Canterbury)
Papenhuyzen
Sailor
Savage
Taaffe
Tedesco
Walsh
Weekes

lol j/k it was alphabetical order
Would like to see how Douieihi and Papenhuyzen stand up to another season injury-wise before looking at them. But, yeah, there's some good talent on that list.

Latest posts