What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Scores

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Leeds 62
Harlequins 4

Quins has 7 out I think but we had 5 out. Blooded a couple of young kids too including a Winger called Tom Bush. He scored on the hooter to take us past 60 and the chant of "We all love Bush" echoed around Headingley :lol:

Anyway, Quins are the worst team I have seen play in SL... EVER. They offered nothing in this game and only scored becasue we off loaded in our own 10 and knocked on. It was 14-4 at HT but it should have been at least 30-4. We just lacked composure near the line in the 1st half, trying to score on every play. As it happened in the 2nd half we did score on what seemed to be every play :lol:

After thier try in the 7th minute I cant remember the Quins getting out of thier own 40. From the 63rd minute onwards I dont think they touched the ball. As good as it was to see us rack up the points after a shakey start to the season it was also saddening to see the London franchise in such a mess. I just hope the dont lose thier licence next year otherwise the sport will die in the South.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bradford 22
Wigan 20

In a game of many errors Bradfords Glen Hall scored the winning touch down with 60 seconds or so left on the clock to cap off an unlikely comback which saw the home team, down 20-0 at half time, sneak past the last unbeaten team in the comp. Matt Orford created everything though and is now starting to settle in to life in Northern England. At the end of the day though both teams scored 4 tries each and the difference was goal kicking. The wind must have been strong with both sides unable to score playing into it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

These games I dont know about, other than the score ;)

Hull FC 42
Castleford 22

Salford 12
Catalan 24

Jankuloski

Juniors
Wigan v Bradford: I did catch the game live at the pub, and it was a good game. Not a great game, but a decent one. Basically it was Orford v Amos Roberts most of the game and some other people filling up the time. I must admit we were annoyed by people constantly interrupting us to see what Djokovic was doing, but I still found the quality of play was not on par with, for example last Wigan v Warrington. This game started off not that interesting, and then clawed back every possible ounce of possible excitement it could out of itself. It was a genuine cliffhanger, and nobody loves them more than me, but still the nitty gritty was missing. The Big hits, the amazing plays... The wow factor, at least in traces. I took out of the game Matt Orford's face after his try, and Amos's run through the field. Matt looked like he was saying: I'm too old for this, but it's another day in the office, and I'm here and contributing. Face of a mine worker after a hard day at the pit. Oh.. and apparently Paul Deacon was somewhere in this game.

JasonE

Bench
Orford scored two close range tries, but apart from that he was terrible, however the commentators overlook that and rave about him, it's the old Jamie Lyon scenario all over again.

It was a bizarre game, Wigan looked like they could win by 50 at ht but the Bulls turned it around in the second half for a much needed win.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
From the other side of the world and the very little that I know about the Quins organization they do indeed look a complete mess in every department. I'm not sure how their place in Super League could be justified if this continues.

Well done to the Bulls. The thread about it on rlfans is a good laugh.

Evil Homer

Staff member
To be fair to Quins, it looks like they had pretty much a reserve side out - 8 Londoners in the 17. That's all they are bringing to Super League though, and the problem is that the non-London players mostly seem to be nobodies who were released by Northern clubs, even the ones who are injured.

bartman

Immortal
:lol: Some blow-out scores there.

Good to see the last unbeaten side brought back to the pack.

Quins sound like they're on a hiding to nothing. They've had one or two competitive seasons over the years, but unfortunately haven't seemed to turned that into anything.

From the match report it just speaks of Huddersfield being way too strong. Way too strong...

Apparently it was 18-0 after 11 minutes.

deluded pom?

Coach
I think it was 26 nil at half time with Huddersfield eventually scoring ten tries through nine different players.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Was there a game on 9 today?

Anyway Brown did look awesome and does every time I watch him. I'd put him at the best 6 in England at the mo. Robinson the 7 was also brilliant. He's everything that Burrow should have been IMO. Shaun Lunt is probably the best young hooker in the country too. Add to that having Cudjoe at FB too who IMO is a future England FB.

The game itself actually started with Wakey looking stronger but that lasted about 5 mins and when Hudds got going they looked unstoppable. On that performance I think they'd have beaten everyone last night. Griffin and Crabtree too the ball in so hard that often the 1st defender ended up on the floor. Grix had a great game too and looked very dangerous running the ball. The speed and depth of the Giants passing was the key though. Every pass was accurate and past and this added to multiple runners just killed Wakey totally. The good thing though was Wakefield had a bit of pressure on the giants line in the 2nd half but the defence played like they were only 2 points up.

Next week it Hudds vs Leeds at the Galpharm. Funnily enough after the teams have put on a cobine score of 114 points this week I can see a low scoring game next week as both Ds look in top form at the moment. Both teams have similar records winning 3 and losing 2 and the pts diff is pretty much the same. I'm gutted I'm working but hope Sky do the right thing and shift it to Saturday night for the TV game :lol:

anyway after watching the 2 this weekend I'll go for a score of 18-16 to the Giants in a classic game.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Warrington 46-12 Crusaders - score was 12-12 with 3 minutes until half time, Warrington then scored two quick tries and a third straight after the break to kill the game.

Hull KR 28-24 St Helens - Rovers score with 2 minutes remaining to snatch the game. Sounded like a thriller.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Table after 5 rounds.

Wigan - 8
Warr'ton - 8
Hull - 8
Hudds - 6
Leeds - 6
Saints - 6
Bulls - 6
Hull KR - 6
--------------
Wakey - 6
Crusaders - 4
Cas - 2
Catalan - 2
Quins - 2
Salford - 0

Cas have been unlucky really beating Leeds but having to play Warrington, Hull, Hull KR and Bradford. Thats a hell of a start but its representative of the toughness of the league this year with 10 competative teams.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Have to feel for the Crusaders too. So far they've played Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and Hull as well as Salford, and St Helens up next as well. That's probably the 5 best teams in the first 6 weeks, as hard a start as you could imagine really. Hopefully they can build some momentum once this run is over.

Last edited:

JasonE

Bench
Have to feel for the Crusaders too. So far they've played Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and Hull as well as Salford, and St Helens up next as well. That's probably the 5 best teams in the first 6 weeks, as hard a start as you could imagine really. Hopefully they can build some momentum once this run is over.

I know absolutely nothing about Gareth Thomas but apparently he is a legend in RU, with his inclusion in the squad will that make the next Cru home game a near sellout ?

WireMan

Bench
Kevin Brown = Class.

Wants to come to the NRL too.

Really? He is a good player but i wouldn't say he was the best number 6 in super league. If an NRL team looked at getting him then alarm bells should be going off down under.

He played in Challenge cup final but went off injured.

Kear the Wakey coach was a bit miffed after the game saying the players had no energy and he can't explain why, Giants were good though.

Still Wire beat them last week so it does show the competition is getting better up here.

Wire - Cru, we (Wire) were not at it really, probably a bit complacent. Scored two tries in the last few mins of the first half killed of Cru resistence. Second half, battered them. A few good fights which was a bonus (I mean er, don't condone, family game etc.). :D

Latest posts