What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 tips and crowd

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Get set for a great round of footy. But awful crowds(except at the swans game). The bubble has burst and average figures will be 12-13000 here on in.

Roosters vs Broncos - Roosters. 13,000
Warriors vs Knights - Warriors. 15,000
Sharks vs Cowboys - Sharks. 8,000
Double Header - Bulldogs/Dragons - 28,000
Penrith vs Storm - Storm. 15,000
Eels vs Souths - Eels. 12,000

TOTAL - 91,000
Average - 13,000

ouwet

Bench
Roosters vs Broncos - Broncos... 16 thousand
Warriors vs Knights - Warriors... 15 thousand
Sharks vs Cowboys - Cowboys... 10 thousand
Double Header - St George & Tigers... 33 thousand
Penrith vs Storm - Penrith... 17 thousand
Eels vs Souths - Souths... 16 thousand

Crowd Average... Around the 15 THousand mark...
Im gonna be heading out to the Double Header too watch a good game between too local rivals (Tigers & Dragons), And to watch the Mighty Bulldogs...
And ill be goin too Watch the Mighty Rabbitohs against the Eels...

Everyone take a few mates and head out too the Footy!!!

bazza

Immortal
Roosters vs Broncos - Roosters. 22,000
Warriors vs Knights - Warriors. 14,000
Sharks vs Cowboys - Cowboys. 8,000
Double Header - Bulldogs/Dragons - 22,000
Penrith vs Storm - Penrith. 18,000
Eels vs Souths - Eels. 12,000

TOTAL - 96,000
Average - 13,714

11Straight

Juniors
Roosters vs Broncos - Broncos.20,000
Warriors vs Knights - Warriors. 11,000
Sharks vs Cowboys - Cowboys. 10,000
Double Header - Bulldogs/Dragons - 40,000
Penrith vs Storm - Penrith. 17,000
Eels vs Souths - Eels. 10,000

TOTAL - 108,000

incredible_holc

Juniors
sharks wont get a hugely dissapointing crowd, we never do. we have a core of atleast 11000-12000 who nearly always go. So 8000 is rediculous, also its Vaganas debut.

Im tipping 13000 around.

JW

Coach
Syd v BRIS - 19,000

NZ v Newc - 13,000

Cron v NQLD - 9,000

Wests v ST.G/ILL; CANT v Manly - 29,000

PEN v Melb - 18,000

PARRA v Souths - 9,000

TOTAL - 97,000

AVG - 13, 857

Cheers.

JK

I was puzzled at the coice of games for the double header to begin with. Bulldogs and Manly? Manly never pull an away crowd at Telstra so why would they get one of our big games? Tigers have not got a big crowd to any of the double headers. I think the bulldogs should reconsider the double header partner. That said Dragons/Tigers will be the better game of the night so fingers crossed.

All of this fails to consider the trouble of 2 weeks ago...hard to judge how that will play #-o

Roosters vs Broncos - Broncos 25,000
Warriors vs Knights - Warriors 13,000
Sharks vs Cowboys - Cowboys 10,000
Double Header - Bulldogs/Dragons 25,000
Penrith vs Storm - Penrith 15,000
Eels vs Souths - Souths 15,000

Total: 103,000 (optimistic)
Avg: 14,714

ibeme

First Grade
JK said:
I was puzzled at the coice of games for the double header to begin with. Bulldogs and Manly? Manly never pull an away crowd at Telstra so why would they get one of our big games? Tigers have not got a big crowd to any of the double headers. I think the bulldogs should reconsider the double header partner. That said Dragons/Tigers will be the better game of the night so fingers crossed.

I think they're trying to piggy-back on the Easter show and the long weekend, so it came down to timing rather than opposition.

Bulldogs got over 30000 a couple of years ago when they played the Broncos at Telstra on Easter Saturday. A lot of bushies in town for the show came along.

JK

But Manly???? :roll:
I love playing them at Brookie and have nothing against them anymore BUT THEY DON'T TRAVEL!

And when will the NRL properly intercede in the draw to ensure that the best possible games are showcased at the best possible times? For example Parra-Bulldogs should be twice a year, Storm should not have the bye when there is no AFL in Vic! The draw should maximise crowds and exposure. Worries about sponsorship, etc for the other clubs can (and should) be addressed by a minimum TV coverage clause in the next negotiation.

Rexxy

Coach
Roosters vs Broncos - Roosters. 15,500
Warriors vs Knights - Warriors. 13 500
Sharks vs Cowboys - Cowbouys. 9,000
Double Header - Bulldogs/Dragons - 25,000
Penrith vs Storm - Pentrth. 16,000
Eels vs Souths - Souths. 11500

innsaneink

Referee
lebanese forces....I assume ur tipping the bulldogs in ur clash with Manly at the dbl header.
Wests/Saints though???

Is it going to rain in Sydney this weekend?

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Roosters vs Broncos - Broncos 20,000
Sharks vs Cowboys - Cowboys 10,000
Panthers vs Storm - Storm 20,000
Tigers vs Dragons - Tigers
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Bulldogs - 35,000
Warriors vs Knights - Warriors 15,000
Eels vs Souths - Eels 25,000

Total = 125,000

Souths vs Eels will pull a BIG crowd with the Rabbitohs thinking they finanlly have a competitive team, so they will travel and the Eels generally get a decent crowd anyway.
Double Header will pull a BIG crowd because of the Easter Show and because it contains 4 Sydney clubs. To Say 35,000 means an average of 8,750 from each club which i think is very attainable....even if Manly are playing and only 500 of their supporters show up.
Roosters vs Broncos will pull a BIG crowd because there is not that much to do on Good Friday, they are 2 of the form teams and its Friday night.
Sharks vs Cowboys (The battle of the Wests Tigers defeatees) will pull an ordinary crowd because both sides suck ar#e.
Panthers will pull a good crowd because they are the Panthers.
Warriors will pull about 15,000 because that's about average for them and this is just an average kind of game.

bazza

Immortal
Swampdonkey said:
Eels vs Souths - 25,000

Souths vs Eels will pull a BIG crowd with the Rabbitohs thinking they finanlly have a competitive team, so they will travel and the Eels generally get a decent crowd anyway.

I think Parra v Souths will get a good crowd if it is a nice day - but I can guarantee that it won't be 25,000
the main reason is that Parramatta Stadium's capacity is limited to about 20,000 since they put seats at the ends

Swampdonkey

Juniors
bazza said:
Swampdonkey said:
Eels vs Souths - 25,000

I think Parra v Souths will get a good crowd if it is a nice day - but I can guarantee that it won't be 25,000
the main reason is that Parramatta Stadium's capacity is limited to about 20,000 since they put seats at the ends

I forgot about that. I alter my prediction to 20,000 on the back of your sound advice.....

ouwet

Bench
innsaneink said:
lebanese forces....I assume ur tipping the bulldogs in ur clash with Manly at the dbl header.
Wests/Saints though???

Is it going to rain in Sydney this weekend?

Woops... St George And The bulldogs sorry.

mmm Friday and Saturday is fine... Sunday showers i think.

ash the bash

Juniors
Rooster Vs Broncos = 17,500
Sharks Vs Cowboys = 12,000
Panthers Vs Storm = 14,500
Doubel Header Total = 35,000
Nz Vs Knights = 15,000
Eels Vs Souths = 16,000

Paullyboy

Coach
Thats some pretty dire predictions for the rooster v broncos match - I would have thought that was going to be a big seller

EdBurton

Juniors
Neither team are very popular in Sydney so it won't get TOO many everyday fans if you know what I mean

Paullyboy

Coach
Well I know id love to see it and they are my two mosted hated teams by the length of the back straight

melon....

Coach
EdBurton said:
Neither team are very popular in Sydney so it won't get TOO many everyday fans if you know what I mean
Where are you going fool. Easts V Brisbane hold the SFS Record for a Night Game, close to full house. Thats nearly 40,000.