What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round 5 v manly

alien

Referee
if aj, sammy boi, and tom are back, this would be my 17!

1. inglis
2. johnston
3. goodwin
4. hunt
5. gray
6. walker
7. keary
8. george burgess
9. cook
10. tom burgess
11. carter
12. grevsmuhl
13. sam burgess

14. auva'a
15. clark
16. brown
17. tyrrell

Rsag85

Bench
Auva'a is a centre and a better centre than Goodwin. Time for Auva'a to play centre

I agree Auva'a is our best attacking centre in the club but that issue might happen any way with the injury to Goodwin yesterday

Rsag85

Bench

1. inglis
2. johnston
3. goodwin
4. hunt
5. gray
6. walker
7. keary
8. george burgess
9. cook
10. tom burgess
11. carter
12. grevsmuhl
13. sam burgess

14. auva'a
15. clark
16. brown
17. tyrrell

No impact off the bench

Rabbit toes

First Grade
GI
Johnston
A'auva
Hunt
Gray
Walker
Keary
George
Mcinnes
Sam
Carter
Turner
Grevs

Cook
Clarke
Brown
Tom/Tyrell

Aside from reynolds that's our best attacking backline,
Tyrell, Clarke Turner and Carter need much improved efforts, otherwise its time to bring in some debutants

Alot of butthurt towards Keary, he was no where near the worst on ground against the dogs, inglis takes that mantle, but no one has the balls to criticize him. As a captain he's not showing leadership where it counts, spraying the boys when they'd down by 5 tries will not help any team.

Bearing in mind the game against the dragons was a brutal affair and the Dogs are looking excellent this year, As well as our injuries sustained against weaker sides this kind of loss was always on the cards. How they respond against manly could be a season defining game.

alien

Referee

1. inglis
2. johnston
3. goodwin
4. hunt
5. gray
6. walker
7. keary
8. george burgess
9. cook
10. tom burgess
11. carter
12. grevsmuhl
13. sam burgess

14. auva'a
15. clark
16. brown
17. tyrrell

No impact off the bench

i wouldn't mind if tyrrell started the game, and tom or george burgess started on the interchange. brown is impact off the bench. auva'a can be impact when the opposition tires but he is still getting used to the second row. carter had a horrible game, but i think he should get another chance because he has been mostly good this year, but if he plays badly against manly, then i would replace him with turner

DiegoNT

First Grade
I have a feeling next weeks team, assuming sam, Tom and aj are back will look like

Inglis
Aj
Hunt
Auva’a
Gray
Walker
Keary
Tyrell.......................s.burgess
Mcinnes..................mcinnes
G.Burgess................G.Burgess
Turner.......................turner
Brown.......................grevsmuhl
S.burgess.................brown

Cook.........................cook
Grevsmuhl...............Carter
T.burgess................t.burgess
Clark........................clark

I think one of tyrell or Carter will be replaced by sam. Whoever gets replaced changes the line-up of the forward pack.
T.burgess will probably take auva'as place if he is pushed up to starting centre.

Last edited:
Rabbitohs To Get Back Three For Manly

Wounded South Sydney could be boosted by the return of two of the Burgess brothers, Sam and Thomas close to returning for next week's NRL match against Manly.

Tags: South Sydney Rabbitohs
tom-burgess-rabbitohs-628.jpg

Wounded South Sydney could be boosted by the return of two of the Burgess brothers, Sam and Thomas close to returning for next week's NRL match against Manly.
ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

A Rabbitohs side also missing Adam Reynolds, John Sutton and Alex Johnston crashed to a second straight defeat when they were pummelled 42-12 by Canterbury in their Good Friday fizzler.

sam-burgess-rabbitohs-628.jpg

However some good news is on the horizon for coach Michael Maguire with dual-international Sam Burgess seemingly on the mend from the serious neck injury he suffered in last week's loss to St George Illawarra.
"He's good. He's walking around fine. He's just obviously a bit stiff still," Thomas told AAP.
"He'll get physio through the week and he'll go from there. It'll probably be a late call on him."
There were pre-game suggestions that Sam would make his own Easter resurrection and play against the Bulldogs, however Thomas said a return that quick would've been "stupid".
He urged the club to remain vigilant with his brother's health.
"It would've been stupid if he played. He only got out of hospital this week," he said.
"He'll be itching to play, (but) serious things like necks and shoulders, you've got to be careful with that. It's a long season. We want him for the rest of the year as well."
Thomas himself however is almost certain to make his first appearance of the season after recovering from the ankle injury he suffered in a trial against Gold Coast in February.
The 23-year-old revealed he was close to facing a longer stint on the sidelines, having strained two of the three ligaments in his ankle.
"If all of them go, you've got to have an operation. So thankfully it was just two of the three and I didn't have to have the operation," he said.
"It's feeling good now. I'm back in full training.
"The physios and all medical staff are just conscious - there's been a lot of cases where people rush it back and re-do it straightaway. Not being the lightest bloke out there, we just figured it'd probably be the best just to wait that extra week."
Johnston was a late scratching against the Bulldogs after straining his calf but is also considered a strong chance to return for the Sea Eagles.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...hs-to-get-back-sam-and-tom-burgess-for-manly/

Rsag85

Bench
I was thinking about the make up of the side today after yesterday performance and I don't think Madge will make extreme changes maybe a few forced ones with players coming back and the injury to Goodwin might play his hand a bit.

I believe the side should look like this.

!.) Inglis
2.) Johnston
3.) Hunt
4.) Auva'a
5.) Gray
6.) Walker
7.) Keary
8.) S.Burgess
9.) Cook
10.) Brown
11.) Turner
12.) Grevs
13.) Clark
Bench
14.) Carter
15.) Gosiewski
16.) G.Burgess
17.) T.Burgess

Rsag85

Bench
Manly team news:
- Manly SeaEagles play maker Daly Cherry-Evans is OUT for a month with a high ankle sprain suffered in yesterdays win against the Sydney Roosters.
- Jamie Buhrer is looking at four weeks on the sidelines with a broken thumb

alien

Referee
Manly team news:
- Manly SeaEagles play maker Daly Cherry-Evans is OUT for a month with a high ankle sprain suffered in yesterdays win against the Sydney Roosters.
- Jamie Buhrer is looking at four weeks on the sidelines with a broken thumb

wow! i don't like to see players get injured but that should make it a little bit easier to beat them on thursday night..

doyen

Bench
wow! i don't like to see players get injured but that should make it a little bit easier to beat them on thursday night..

Unfortunate for Manly,but let's face it,great for us!!

Did you see where Will Hopoate will not play any games on a Sunday--maybe even the GF if the Dogs make it--his Mormon religion??

He will miss 3 games in a row at one stage. Hasler's OK with it!!

Rsag85

Bench

And we should be getting three of our stars back for the match on thursday night as well