What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6: Cowboys vs Knights

StinkyPete

Juniors
Cowboys
1. Shannon Gallant
2. John Williams
3. Will Tupou
4. Willie Tonga
5. Ashley Graham
6. Grant Rovelli
7. Ray Thompson
8. Matt Scott
9. Anthony Watts
10. Antonio Kaufusi
11. Scott Bolton
12. Steve Rapira
13. James Tamou

14. Clint Amos
15. Ty Williams
16. Willie Mason
17. Manase Manuokafoa
18. Carl Webb

StinkyPete

Juniors
This Cowboys side has a lot to prove. No JT, no Payne, no LOD our three most senior players. I'm unsure who will captaincy I'm looking for Matt Scott to stand up and take a leadership role and for Mason to continue keeping the boys fired up. Ty William is probably going to come in for John Williams or Ash Graham.

Shorty

Staff member
Well, that side is certainly capable.
It's just whether the players decide to apply themselves or not.

Ty Williams will lift hopefully and he'll do well in defence, I think Clint Amos might take this opportunity by the scruff of the neck...how long since he's been in first grade?
I wouldn't be surprised if Rovelli plays one of his better games, I'm sure he didn't expect to return to first grade so soon...

BDR

First Grade
WHY HENRY WHY?!

He made such good strides in dropping the players that needed dropping. Manukafoa again?! Really? Ah Mau had a solid debut, put him back in there. Add Rovelli and Webb (who had a shocker for the Pride last week) and things don't look good IMO. I know it would have been a big call to blood any more rookies, but we can't keep expecting the same sub-par players to magically become better.

StinkyPete

Juniors
WHY HENRY WHY?!

He made such good strides in dropping the players that needed dropping. Manukafoa again?! Really? Ah Mau had a solid debut, put him back in there. Add Rovelli and Webb (who had a shocker for the Pride last week) and things don't look good IMO. I know it would have been a big call to blood any more rookies, but we can't keep expecting the same sub-par players to magically become better.

I agree Ah Mau should have kept his spot.

This Cowboys side has a lot to prove. No JT, no Payne, no LOD our three most senior players. I'm unsure who will captaincy I'm looking for Matt Scott to stand up and take a leadership role and for Mason to continue keeping the boys fired up. Ty William is probably going to come in for John Williams or Ash Graham.

Matt Scott would get the C next to his name surely.

Charlie124

First Grade
Im happy enough with that team given the players we have available. Id like to see Bolton or Scott given the captaincy, preferably Bolton.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
You guys have some late changes to your team for tomorrow.

Grant Rovelli is out, he will play Qld Cup for Mackay.

Ashley Graham to 5/8, Ty Williams onto the wing.

Johnathan Thurston is expected to sign a new 3 yr deal next week.

It was just reported on Seven Local News.

Talanexor

Juniors
You guys have some late changes to your team for tomorrow.

Grant Rovelli is out, he will play Qld Cup for Mackay.

Ashley Graham to 5/8, Ty Williams onto the wing.

Johnathan Thurston is expected to sign a new 3 yr deal next week.

It was just reported on Seven Local News.

Oh.My.God.

elyod138

Bench
I bet you guys would prefer Rovelli in the team now, lol.

I'll give him a chance, but I will be terrified every time he gets the ball.

Charlie124

First Grade
i doubt Henry just pointed blindly at the team sheet and landed on Ash Graham, he must have a reason for this change. Im prepared to give it a go, and considering everyone on this forum wants to chop and change every week when things dont go 100% to plan i dont see why anyone else has a problem with it.

elyod138

Bench
He's probably only going to play as a running player anyhow, Ray will do most if not all of the play making.

Watts or Amos could play a bit of 5/8th too.

Shorty

Staff member
i doubt Henry just pointed blindly at the team sheet and landed on Ash Graham, he must have a reason for this change. Im prepared to give it a go, and considering everyone on this forum wants to chop and change every week when things dont go 100% to plan i dont see why anyone else has a problem with it.
Um probably because Ash Graham isn't exactly well known for great defence, usually plays in the 3 quarters and will have to defend the line.

Bit of a silly comment isn't it?
There are a few reasons why people would have a problem with it and there's nothing wrong with that.

With that said let's see how it goes, but it could get ugly.
Obviously Rovelli sucked at training.
It's probably safe to say that Rovelli is done with first grade for a while.

Talanexor

Juniors
Piss off, troll. You beat a side missing its spine and an international. And even then, we came within a whisker. We had about 3 bombed tries in the second half - if any of those had stuck, I'd be gloating in the Knights forum right about now.

I'd love to play the Knights without Gidley, Mullen, De Gois and Patterson. My god that would be a slaughter.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't know if his post really needed that kind of reply Tal.

Average performance even with the troops out.