What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 - Eels 3, 2, 1

So my points went to -

3 points: Siosiua Taukeiaho. Set the platform early and restored it when he came back on for his second stint. 21 runs for 201 meters (58 post contact), 20 tackles and 1 line break assist. Was phenomenal up front for the team.

2 points: Daniel Tupou. May not have made the flashier plays of Brett or Josh Morris, but the fact that he looked like a shot duck early in the first half with a bad cork, but played the full 80 minutes racking up 189 meters (68 post contact) from 20 runs, 1 line break, 1 line break assist and 1 try.

1 point: Luke Keary. With the game in the balance and the Eels leading 10-8, he took the game on his shoulders and set up the try that put us back in front.

Honourable mentions: Josh Morris, Brett Morris, Jake Friend.

After this game, Jake Friend might be one to do with a week off as man he seemed to take some punishment in this game. Bloody nose, bung shoulder and tackled himself to a stand still.

Tommy Smith

Referee
What a gutsy win.

5 day turnaround vs 9 day turnaround. That's akin to beating a team in a Prelim who've had the week off.

We then lost our best player with 20min to go after the Eels took the lead with all the momentum.

From there? We steamroll them to win 13+. Just an incredible team and there's room for improvement too.

As for the Eels they were outstanding and announced themselves as a serious contender. They are a powerful team and threw everything at us.

But hey, they still lost 13+ despite playing their best game in years. They can take confidence out of it but we can take just as much.

3 - Jmoz. Absolutely destroyed Blake in attack & defence who must have felt good after beating up a rookie the week prior.
2 - Toops. What a gutsy effort. The momentum shifted after Teddy went down courtesy of a couple of tackle breaking Toops runs. He is the greatest Roosters winger that I've ever seen. Champion.
1 - Cordner. Captain courageous just kept turning up with some huge efforts. He makes all the tough runs and never gets dominated. And he was on hand to score after the Keary break.

All around a very solid team effort. The right edge D needs work but we'll fix that come finals time.

Valheru

Coach
Whats everyone's top 4 from here?

At the moment we are the only representative from last year's top 4. Will that be that way it is by end of season. Will all of parra, knights and penrith stick?

I think parra will but one of the other two to come out for me.

Manly wont get there without turbo for 6 weeks.

Raiders look like they have issues.

I think storm will work out a way to score enough points under these rules to back up their elite defence and finish top 4.

Ill go

1 parra
2 chooks
3 knights
4 storm

3. J Moz
2. Toops
1. Cords

Even with Robbo’s policy of treating the season like a Melbourne Cup run, I think we’ll still get the MP. Without Origin or major injuries disrupting, he has the luxury of resting players when he sees fit and will use a steady rotation.

Can’t write off Storm. Thought they would be the first to get a handle on the new rules tbh.

Raiders falling under the weight of expectation?

Knights getting better with time.

1. Roosters
2. Eels
3. Storm
4. Knights

Tommy Smith

Referee
It'd be great if the top 4 stayed the same. A real fresh look.

It is however very early days and I can even see the Eels potentially falling off a cliff. They have no depth so need a good run with injuries.

I'll say...

Roosters
Panthers
Eels
Knights
Storm
Manly
Rabbits
Raiders

Headless Chook

Juniors
It'd be great if the top 4 stayed the same. A real fresh look.

It is however very early days and I can even see the Eels potentially falling off a cliff. They have no depth so need a good run with injuries.

I'll say...

Roosters
Panthers
Eels
Knights
Storm
Manly
Rabbits
Raiders

Agree with those teams you've identified although ikely the order will be shuffled around many imes before the finals are upon us. The talent gap between sides presently in the top 8 and those in the bottom half is huge. There could be a 6 point gap between 8th and 9th.

My current top four is as follows:

1. Eels
2. Easts
3. Melbourne
4. Newcastle or Canberra

I think, given our recent two losses, we will now be tested, but will still come close. Parra are firming and showing that they are the real deal. Melbourne will be thereabouts and will hold firm. The Knights will get better, especially once Best and Watson get back on deck. Canberra are struggling, but have some easier games coming up, so could start going on a run and gain confidence. It is hard to be sure at this stage.

Latest posts