What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Raiders v Roosters

aussies1st

Staff member
Raiders unchanged for Roosters
The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have named an unchanged line-up for Saturday nights match against the Roosters at the Sydney Football Stadium, following their 24-14 win over Parramatta last night.

Joe Picker was the only concern for the Raiders after he was concussed by a stray boot from the Eels Nathan Hindmarsh, but he has been cleared by Raiders medical staff of any further damage.

Raiders Coach David Furner said his side would be looking to build on the win against the Eels and said he expected more improvement from the team.

“We’ve got more to work on for sure and we’ll be looking to do that this week,” Furner said. “The Roosters have a very strong side with plenty of attacking options across the park so we need to make sure we recover well and be right for Saturday.”

The Raiders have named Brett Kelly on an extended bench for Saturday nights clash, but he is expected to drop off later in the week and play in the Queensland Cup for Souths Logan.

In other Raiders news Justin Carney made a successful return from a leg injury last weekend in Queensland, while David Milne is expected to return for Souths Logan from a groin injury as well.

CANBERRA RAIDERS V SYDNEY ROOSTERS
SATURDAY APRIL 17, 7.30PM
SYDNEY FOOTBALL STADIUM

NRL

1. JOSH DUGAN
2. JAMES STUART
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL THOMPSON
5. DANIEL VIDOT
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. JOSH McCRONE
8. DAVID SHILLINGTON
9. ALAN TONGUE (C)
10. SCOTT LOGAN
11. JOE PICKER
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. SHAUN FENSOM

14. TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
15. TREVOR THURLING
16. ADAM MOGG
17. DANE TILSE
19. BRETT KELLY

COACH: DAVID FURNER

TOYOTA CUP

1. HAYDON HODGE
2. CHRIS MEDCALF
3. SEAN LOXLEY
4. DRURY LOW
5. MICHAEL THOMAS
6. JAMES SMART
7. SAM WILLIAMS (C)
8. MARK APPLETON
9. MATT MCILWRICK
10. MITCH KENNEDY
11. SAM MATAORA
12. MICHAEL CULLEN
13. TOM MURPHY

14. CAIN HENRY
15. PAUL VAUGHAN
16. JOSH PAPAALI
17. TOM SELLARS
18. SAM SAUILUMA

COACH: DAVID HAMILTON

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=24472

Would be brilliant if we can put 2 away wins together because if we do that we have souths at home the round after and if we play our usual home match our season will well and truly be kicking

aussies1st

Staff member
Its definitely possible now that we have beaten a team away. Admittedly it was the out of form Eels but the Roosters are definitely ripe for the plucking! The Roosters can be dangerous in attack and if we gift them chances through penalties or errors they will punish us. Their defence is very dodgy atm so there is no reason why we can't break their line.

My concern is the short turn around, most teams struggle backing up after a Monday.
This is a game I really want to win for many reasons. Not liking the Roosters is one and chalking up back to back away wins would be unheard of in recent history for us.

shear_joy9

Coach
if Miller's available I'd slot him in place of TLL.

I see no point playing TLL for 20 odd minutes a game and he's had next to no impact in the games he's played this season. Give him more game time for SL until he can make an adequate impact.

matt

Juniors
I would do the same with Miller,TLL is giving me the sh*ts,such a large frame but such little impact.

Cryptic

Juniors
I'm still pissed they always make the Monday night teams play on a Saturday... It can't be that hard to work out that the Monday night teams should be playing on a Sunday instead...

I'm still worried about Fensom and the judicary being idiots... Please god don't let Kelly come in to replace him!

Timbo

Staff member
I'd replace Tilse with Miller. And I still am suss about McCrone - he needs to string good games together before I'll believe he's the answer at 7.

aussies1st

Staff member
Miller will also have the fitness issue so doesn't really present much difference to TLL. If hes coming in may as well have it for Mogg whose bearly getting any game time anyway. Hopefully TLL comes good this round.

aussies1st

Staff member
Sydney Roosters: Todd Carney, Anthony Minichiello, Phil Graham, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Sam Perrett, Braith Anasta (c), Mitchell Pearce, Lopini Paea, Nick Kouparitsas, Frank Paul Nuuausala, Aidan Guerra, Mitchell Aubusson, Nate Myles. Interchange: Daniel Conn, Jason Ryles, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Ben Jones.

Its pretty even, they now have a backrower at hooker like us, halfback is better but the rest if pretty even.

Cryptic

Juniors
As for McCrone... He showed a bit more last night, the promise he has been showing on and off for almost a season now... That said his interview after the match and a few comments made show that he is headed in the right direction... Plus not like we have many alternatives...

matt

Juniors
I will crack a little smile if we were to ,A...win two on the road on the trot.

B....Beat a rooster's team at home that is going to have a rocket fired up their arse from smithers.

Just a little corner of the mouth type one.

Last edited:

shear_joy9

Coach
I'd replace Tilse with Miller

why?

tilse played fantastic last night. Shillington and TLL were the worst fowards on the team.

And I still am suss about McCrone - he needs to string good games together before I'll believe he's the answer at 7.

mccrone's a liability. He may have made a few good plays against the eels but offset it with his usual incompetence. His 'attempted' tackle on mateo that lead to the burt try was just embarrassing.

Cryptic

Juniors
I think half the reason it caught him off guard is that the ball was a good metre foward...

Timbo

Staff member
:crazy:

If that's true, you're an absolute muppet. Tilse was our best forward last night, and has been our most consistent prop all year.

And I'm the muppet?

Go back to ranting about referee's and praising Furner's coaching skill.

matt

Juniors
Tilsey was ok, but as for the best on the field?

Skeepe must have eaten his usual bucket of delusion.;-)

You wouldnt replace Tilse with Miller. Miller is only a fill in frontrower , he is suited to the backrow and should be played there most.
Tilse played well , maybe not best forward but you couldnt drop him because of his performance.

Latest posts