What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Vlad59

Bench
You know he “forgot” his password too and rejoined and pretended to be a new poster ?

I was the first one to call him out
I never denied it. I’m glad this big reveal meant so much to you. Fact is Maximus beat you to the punch by quite a while. But at least I didn’t lie about my place of birth. Your little mate did.

Wb1234

Referee
We'll see in due course if Singleton is right.

He's not wrong about the television ratings and amount of registered players in Perth being dubious. FTA is 8k and PTV was 5k in 2017. Player base is a little over 4k.

That's not an attack on RL in Perth. It's a reminder that a lot of work needs to be done to make RL a major sport in Perth. Giving an NRL licence to Cumins isn't going to elevate rugby league to the same level as fumbleball in Perth.

A study found NBL has a higher profile than NRL in Perth. The same NBL that @Colk claimed is "niche of niche" and compared to ABL.
Bears have juniors and value for tv plus money

thats why it’s a strong bid now

So we just attack the person not his argument?!
That's exactly what they're doing. They're ignoring vital evidence, such as television ratings and registered players. They selectively quote the double header and Origin to create the false impression that there's a large audience waiting to support a local NRL team. We won't know how many active supporters will invest in a local club until they're given a licence. Until then we're speculating.

Pippen94

First Grade
We'll see in due course if Singleton is right.

He's not wrong about the television ratings and amount of registered players in Perth being dubious. FTA is 8k and PTV was 5k in 2017. Player base is a little over 4k.

That's not an attack on RL in Perth. It's a reminder that a lot of work needs to be done to make RL a major sport in Perth. Giving an NRL licence to Cumins isn't going to elevate rugby league to the same level as fumbleball in Perth.

A study found NBL has a higher profile than NRL in Perth. The same NBL that @Colk claimed is "niche of niche" and compared to ABL.

Biggest issue is funding. All along we've heard about unnamed investors, but never know who they are or what they will contribute. Singo says numbers don't add up to him.

Vlad59

Bench
It's actually really funny. There's a few posters who got burned so hard that all they do now is troll or attempt to.
Then get slapped down even more lol

Like dude, maybe the internet isn't for you... lmao
Especially if you lie about your birth place. And get caught.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You guys are funny with this argument but the bears solve all of Perths problems

obviously Cummings couldn’t find enough investors in wa so had to turn to the bears for help
Your narrative 2 days ago was 'what Vlad wants he gets and he wants the bears'.

Flipflopflipflop

Wb1234

Referee
My two concerns with the Bears is how they're perceived by Western Australians and whether they're committed to Perth. Playing games at NSO isn't going to endear Western Australians to the club.
Cummings seems to be ok with it

I don’t think Perth people will care tbh

there’s enough issue already making sure people attend 11 league games in Perth

it’s not like hbf is going to be packed each week as it is

bears will get them a good stream of nrl players so they should start off in the nrl with a solid base rather than being another storm

Cummings seems to be ok with it

I don’t think Perth people will care tbh

there’s enough issue already making sure people attend 11 league games in Perth

it’s not like hbf is going to be packed each week as it is

bears will get them a good stream of nrl players so they should start off in the nrl with a solid base rather than being another storm
Western Australians are more parochial than Queenslanders. The last thing they will accept is minority status in a partnership with a NSWRL club from Sydney.

final say

Juniors
You lied to everyone? We know.
You told everyone you didn't drink.. then admitted you were drunk and now everyone knows you're a drunk. You're probably drunk right now, that’s why you keep craping on about the same thing from months ago. ..

What are you drinking? I'm guessing plonk. Someone as dumb as you could only be on plonk recently after doll day.

Vlad59

Bench
You told everyone you didn't drink.. then admitted you were drunk and now everyone knows you're a drunk. You're probably drunk right now, that’s why you keep craping on about the same thing from months ago. ..

What are you drinking? I'm guessing plonk. Someone as dumb as you could only be on plonk recently after doll day.
Nice try. Obviously triggered. You lied about your place of birth and got caught. Move on.