What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Titans

SBD82

Coach
Titans aren’t easy beats. Especially with the stuttering nature of our footy side.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us lose this.

RedVDave

First Grade
Norman will most likely be out so let sailor their in his place.

Saab in for the man with ten thumbs Rava, I have to cut a bit of slack to JP he is solid and reliable most the time not to mention he's coming off a huge injury.

I would swap Ford for Merrin as well.

This is a danger game for us remember we turned down Holbrooks coaching services he will have a point to prove and his troops will be very fired up if we lose yesterdays loss will mean nothing imo.

Old Timer

Coach
So in the end it turns out our Steve Austin half back is actually a bench hooker or so people want to believe in an effort to justify him being in the 17 due to the $$$ we pay him.

Time to forget who gets paid what as we need to face the reality of picking the best players in their best position regardless of the $$$ with maybe 1 experiment which is in the centres.

Dufty
JP (Did enough yesterday to retain his spot)
Rava (Cannot be worse than Aitken and might just shine)
Lomax
Saab
Sailor (Norman far too casual far too often)
Clune (let him run the show and keep the other flops out of it)
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Frizzell
Ford (Lawrie can tackle but that is about it we need strike power and we cant afford 2 oompa loopers at the same time)
Merrin

Fuimaono (better as a strike player I suspect)
Host
Graham (had his best game in a year but can only be used in this fashion)
Brittain (I am sure he can do what Hunt did just as well)

Let the side play footy without the high $$$ oops not performing lets play them somewhere else Hunt & Norman not there to take over at crucial moments and f**k it up.

SBD82

Coach
Norman will most likely be out so let sailor their in his place.

Saab in for the man with ten thumbs Rava, I have to cut a bit of slack to JP he is solid and reliable most the time not to mention he's coming off a huge injury.

I would swap Ford for Merrin as well.

This is a danger game for us remember we turned down Holbrooks coaching services he will have a point to prove and his troops will be very fired up if we lose yesterdays loss will mean nothing imo.
Why would Norman be out?

SBD82

Coach
So in the end it turns out our Steve Austin half back is actually a bench hooker or so people want to believe in an effort to justify him being in the 17 due to the $$$ we pay him.

Time to forget who gets paid what as we need to face the reality of picking the best players in their best position regardless of the $$$ with maybe 1 experiment which is in the centres.

Dufty
JP (Did enough yesterday to retain his spot)
Rava (Cannot be worse than Aitken and might just shine)
Lomax
Saab
Sailor (Norman far too casual far too often)
Clune (let him run the show and keep the other flops out of it)
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Frizzell
Ford (Lawrie can tackle but that is about it we need strike power and we cant afford 2 oompa loopers at the same time)
Merrin

Fuimaono (better as a strike player I suspect)
Host
Graham (had his best game in a year but can only be used in this fashion)
Brittain (I am sure he can do what Hunt did just as well)

Let the side play footy without the high $$$ oops not performing lets play them somewhere else Hunt & Norman not there to take over at crucial moments and f**k it up.
Maybe the reason that the board thinks that Mary is a good coach is because they read this sort of dross and make a comparison.

Old Timer

Coach
Maybe the reason that the board thinks that Mary is a good coach is because they read this sort of dross and make a comparison.
Maybe you are on the BOD and an apologist for them.

We have 1 win and all of a sudden its all down to Hunt coming on as a hooker sub FMD some people will cling to anything.

Hunt was purchased as a half and in the time he has been here we have purchases 3 hookers, let our most promising hooker leave and continually fail to find even an opportunity for Lovedau.

But somehow having the $6m man on the bench as hooker replacement is the answer to our problems. lol

If he can't play in the halves time to f**k him off as I wouldn't swap Cameron Mc Innes for him under any circumstances.

SBD82

Coach
Maybe you are on the BOD and an apologist for them.

We have 1 win and all of a sudden its all down to Hunt coming on as a hooker sub FMD some people will cling to anything.

Hunt was purchased as a half and in the time he has been here we have purchases 3 hookers, let our most promising hooker leave and continually fail to find even an opportunity for Lovedau.

But somehow having the $6m man on the bench as hooker replacement is the answer to our problems. lol

If he can't play in the halves time to f**k him off as I wouldn't swap Cameron Mc Innes for him under any circumstances.
A guide to arguments by OT:

Step 1. Create a position for your opponent.

Step 2. Argue against that position.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The issues I feel in bringing in Saab and shifting Rava to centre are:

Aitken is currently at left centre (in for Williame) to drop Aitken would mean Rava to left centre. This in turn means you have JP and Rava on the same side and Lomax and Saab on the other.
Is that the correct balance? And remember Saab is a right winger.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The issues I feel in bringing in Saab and shifting Rava to centre are:

Aitken is currently at left centre (in for Williame) to drop Aitken would mean Rava to left centre. This in turn means you have JP and Rava on the same side and Lomax and Saab on the other.
Is that the correct balance? And remember Saab is a right winger.
Ultimately I’d bring in Ford at left centre and drop Aitken and Rava play Saab on the right wing. Although I don’t think Aitken deserves to be dropped as he went ok I think that side would be better in attack and defence. Ford played centre a heap in NSW cup and was our leading try scorer I believe maybe in the comp even? Correct me if I’m wrong. Looking towards the Rorters it would be interesting to see Saab against Tupou even if he give him a bath it would show him how far he has to go and how to play the game as a big tall unit.

redv13

Bench
I'd be playing the same side but I'd bring in Saab for JP.
I'd definitely be using Hunt either as starting hooker or in the same fashion as yesterday.
Hunt must be in the side and anyone who is not selecting him at all in the starting 17 must have rocks in their heads.

Spot on 100% agree. JP out and Saab in. I love JP and his enthusiasm but a winger needs to score tries too. Was caught out by the dogs last week in the air and along the ground yesterday by the mongos. If Saab can’t get a start this week then the poor kid may as well quit. The kid is 6 ft 7, maybe just maybe Clune with his on point kicks out wide to a jumping Saab May do some serious damage