What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs Storm

franklin2323

Immortal
It is interesting Whare was dropped last year with talk of not being wanted and now they can't not pick him.

Flegg was winning games by 60.
NSW Cup was running 1st

Senior guys are the big winners from no lower grades.

Naden comes back underdone... How can he prove himself with no NSW Cup? While the top side has form then no coach will drop senior guys

chrisD

Coach
It is interesting Whare was dropped last year with talk of not being wanted and now they can't not pick him.
No it isn't interesting that the coach doesn't want to send the message to the squad that defence is optional by dropping the centre who didn't cost us the game with their defence.

WestyLife

First Grade
Refs on the field aren’t doing the binning. It won’t change now

The point of that is the NRL is giving refs the green light to use the bin to stamp their authority.

No it isn't interesting that the coach doesn't want to send the message to the squad that defence is optional by dropping the centre who didn't cost us the game with their defence.
The Whare thing is more a long term discussion. Also I'll take a rookie with less than 10 games in the position missing a few tackles while learning over a centre who does nothing.

Edwards definitely improves our backline, but if we lose the pressure for more changes will grow. Especially if we don’t score many tries.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Edwards definitely improves our backline, but if we lose the pressure for more changes will grow. Especially if we don’t score many tries.
Edwards in good form improves our backline. Definitely.

He hasn't played a game this year though. His form is hard to predict. With how he started 2019 after returning from injury I worry he could take a while to find form again for us and be a downgrade in the short term.

Returning against Storm won't be easy... But so long as he improves on his game against them last year.
IMG_20200616_205242.jpg

Im cautiously excited Edwards is back. He's better than Aekins... But had a long patch of form where he wasn't aswell

franklin2323

Immortal
The point of that is the NRL is giving refs the green light to use the bin to stamp their authority.

Where didn’t they have that option though? There were plenty of penalties or 6 agains not called. Why suddenly will refs use the bin? Just call the penalties and get on with it

forby

Juniors
Bellamy wanted to know what Melbourne we’re doing wrong to get 11-6 6 agains against them. They will be in their favour this week no doubt!

The_Frog

First Grade
Bellamy wanted to know what Melbourne we’re doing wrong to get 11-6 6 agains against them. They will be in their favour this week no doubt!
It didn't stop them winning comfortably against a previously unbeaten side. The value of being able to slow down the PTB is immense. Manly did the same thing in the latter stages against the Broncos. They were called for six agains but this turned out to be no penalty at all. I'm sure these are the two games Annesley was on about.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'm never confident when we play the Storm - Edwards back is huge plus, but I don't think we have the mental fortitude to stay with them as a team - It'll be a tough slog, and we'll have to be almost perfect with the ball in hand.

I'd say a very close game if we're on, if we're off, they'll put a cricket score on us.

hindy111

Post Whore
He is limited in attack and slow for an outside back. His defensive value is ignored. That's why some want him dropped. It will happen one day. Mansour is in the same boat, although both offer other advantages otherwise they wouldn't be there.

Mansour is not what he used to be.
He has played ok this season. Without NSW cup it's hard to drop guys. Especially as the ones playing are match fit

ACTPanthers

Bench
He is limited in attack and slow for an outside back. His defensive value is ignored. That's why some want him dropped. It will happen one day. Mansour is in the same boat, although both offer other advantages otherwise they wouldn't be there.
IMO his defence has slipped. Don't get me wrong, he's still a quality defender, but nowhere near as good as he used to be. I don't think we can keep such a one-sided player in the team. Especially since we struggle for points as it is.

The_Frog

First Grade
IMO his defence has slipped. Don't get me wrong, he's still a quality defender, but nowhere near as good as he used to be. I don't think we can keep such a one-sided player in the team. Especially since we struggle for points as it is.
I think @betcats summed it up well. Teams don't attack down his side. All Parra's attack went down Crichton's side and that's where they won the game. Look for the Storm to do likewise although they don't have a Waqa Blake.

betcats

Referee
I think @betcats summed it up well. Teams don't attack down his side. All Parra's attack went down Crichton's side and that's where they won the game. Look for the Storm to do likewise although they don't have a Waqa Blake.

Not sure if that was my summation but i'll take the credit haha.

Its not the week to drop Whare imo. As you said above its going to happen eventually and I think probably this year but not this week. His defense has been quite good the last few weeks.

Also Brian To'o showed his ability to read the play well and jam in and shut it down on the weekend, he is a really good defender imo.

Latest posts