What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
After a dismal display against the Eels, can the Broncs bounce back against the table topping Titans?

Discuss.

Kiwi

First Grade
BRONCOS
1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges (c)
5 Dale Copley
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Corey Parker (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Matt Gillett
Interchange
14 Martin Kennedy
15 Todd Lowrie
16 Ben Hannant
17 Corey Oates
18 Jarrod Wallace
Coach Anthony Griffin

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/...s_round_6.html

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh good to see Oates in there.

Not surprised we're seeing the players with targets on their heads still named (Reed, Hoffman, Barba).

Honestly, it would be a pretty extreme thing to see a big re-shuffle over a loss which was more related to attitude, control and lack of patience. -Then again Warriors sacked their coach this week, where a win might have kept his position for one more week!? -They can be pretty extreme those Kiwi's ;)

Just really would rather see Hala replace Lowrie or Kennedy. No idea why he keeps getting snubbed, but we better have him on a long contract, cos there would be plenty of clubs prepared to offer him better money for a permanent bench spot next year...?

Back to the game. I think we need to treat this game as we did the Roosters and the Cowboys and play the house down. -If we want to keep our "top 4" position and the decent start to the season alive. We MUST win here..

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
I'm happy with the backs for now, for now. I think when Kahu returns I would have him replace Reed if he isn't going to be the 6 otherwise I would have Copely replace Reed, Hoffman to the wing and Kahu to 6.

The bench needs to be changed, Hannant back to QRL along with Lowrie with Hala, Kennedy, Oates and J Wallace on the bench.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Reed and Lowrie better play the house down...

Kennedy has to step up soon too imo... I reckon Lowrie is going alright. That is, playing as we might expect him to, very similar to a Stagg-type mold. Kennedy on the other hand, we are expecting him to make some impact off the bench with some big charges. Not getting that from him so far. You're right on Reed though, needs to step up big time soon.

I agree no real need for a big change up. Hopefully was just an off night against the Eels.

Bronco18

Juniors
I think they'll come out fired up this week to win. The team would want to knock the Titans off the top of the table.

The errors we made in attack last week were uncharacteristic - while our attack hasn't been slick, side to side ball movement, we've at least been pretty safe with the ball in hand. If we completed more sets, we'll pile some points on the Titans.

I'd be keen to see Oates play some time in the back row, not in the middle. Him running wide would terrorise someone like Albert Kelly.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I can't believe I am saying this, but I'd rather have Copley at left centre and Maranta back on the wing. (Reed being dropped)

Kennedy hasn't impressed me so far at all and I think Hala should be ahead of him on the bench.

Dazzat

First Grade
So it looks as though we'll be going through the season with no substitute No. 9 on the bench. McCullough is going OK for the 80, but it's a long season. Eventually I'd prefer Glanville to come in for Lowrie.

Blockade

Juniors
Really anybody's match even though the Titans have more strikepower than us and probably a better pack. Still think it's a battle of two sides who both have hopeless coaches and either side will be lucky to make the playoffs.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I can't believe I am saying this, but I'd rather have Copley at left centre and Maranta back on the wing. (Reed being dropped)

I'd drop Reed to but it aint going to be for Maranta to say the least! That is just saying...'this bloke is rubbish...how about we try another form of rubbish". At least Reed can defend (not saying he is great)

Blockade

Juniors
I'm predicting a tight game. Broncos 10 Titans 4

Are u expecting rain tonight? Because that is the only way a scoreline such as this will be produced, u need to pay more attention. More like Titans 28 Broncos 20

u4er

Juniors
Are u expecting rain tonight? Because that is the only way a scoreline such as this will be produced, u need to pay more attention. More like Titans 28 Broncos 20

Meh, I think both teams will be playing conservatively tonight.

Packy

Bench
Maranta has been decent this year. Can't believe he had the job all last year and was dogshit yet loses it when going ok.