What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Newtown v Saints

Jeffles

Bench
Friday night at WIN Stadium. Not the easiest journey to make but with the JBC team having a bye, this is the only chance to see the Jets this weekend.

The Tele reports that Soward will be dropped back to PL. He shone in the Norths trial.

Jeffles

Bench
Funny that the other thread similarly titled has appeared. It didn't work last time but now it is there. AAARRGH!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach

newtownbluebags said:
If only it was the Jets Vs the Steelers! farQ the saints...
Jets to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big game this one!!! and a very important one. A win would likely see us back entrenched in the top eight, whereas a loss would see us with a good hold on tenth place ( Which would obviously really suck ).
St Geogre have been one of our bogey sides from seasons past, and we had never infact beaten them until last season, having gone down to them continually since yr 2000. Then finally beat them twice out of three attempts last season, the most impressive being the semi final win.

Josh LEWIS is an awesome player, and a big loss obviously to St George. If we play like we did last week I reckon we can just do it.

The PAEA brothers were awesome last week, as was the team as a whole. Great to see LeBRETON back as well. But this will be a tough game, as they always lift against us, and will want to hurt us for knocking them out of the semi final race last season.

2 True Blues

Coach

Jeffles said:
Friday night at WIN Stadium. Not the easiest journey to make but with the JBC team having a bye, this is the only chance to see the Jets this weekend.

The Tele reports that Soward will be dropped back to PL. He shone in the Norths trial.

Can't believe they would drop him. He has shone in first grade for more games than not. Will believe it when I see it !! Though as a Jets fan would be rapped to have him in the side...Take it that if he is dropped we will lose PEARCE again to Jersey Flegg.

Hope not as he went great last week but going off another Telegraph ( and Herald ) story his manager seems concerned due to him being only 17 of the club bringing him up too prematurely. Although I thought he held his own quite well, ( though he might be wrapped in cotten wool due his size and age ).

If he does not play and SOWARD does this leaves the question open as to who else won't play against St george. With MEREDITH now out for the season, and the first grade also suffering further injuries last weekend atleast three players will have to AGAIN step up to first grade.

They might drop HALLY back as he let in two tries last weekend against BRONCO's, but that means we will lose PAEA's for SURE, and still some others as well.

The posting of the line-up will be interesting. Gonna be relying on Jim Beam and Jersey Flegg players again, although from the efforts last weekend I would happily and contently take them anyway. They were GREAT !!!!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:

Big game this one!!! and a very important one. A win would likely see us back entrenched in the top eight, whereas a loss would see us with a good hold on tenth place ( Which would obviously really suck ).
St Geogre have been one of our bogey sides from seasons past, and we had never infact beaten them until last season, having gone down to them continually since yr 2000. Then finally beat them twice out of three attempts last season, the most impressive being the semi final win.​

It's gonna be hard 2TB, especially down the gong! but after last week anything is possible!
Go the mighty JETS!!!!!!!!! :)

bucks1972

Juniors
According the the Roosters website this is the team for this weekend:

Aidan Kirk
Troy Malcolm
Andrew Le Breton
Sam Perrett
Troy Savage
Josh Lewis
Jamie Soward
Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Luke Gordon
Glenn Hall
Daniel Dumas
Mickey Paea
Setaimata Sa

Michael Burns
John Doyle
Ritchie Parker
David Vial

Still a strong looking side. Great to see Johnny Doyle back from injury!

2 True Blues

Coach
So they HAVE dropped HALL and one of the PAEA's looks to have gone up. SOWARD down with the loss of PEARCE. Was thinking this may be the case.
Will be interesting to see if this is definately the final side, but it looks to be a reasonable side.

Where's Lafi....Injured or on the bench for first grade ???

2 True Blues

Coach
Here is the Saints/Illawarra line up courtesy of Willow......

1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Josh MORRIS
3. Brett MORRIS
4. Daryl MILLARD
5. Reece SIMMONDS
6. Chris SHEPPARD (c)
7. Reece BLAYNEY
8. Charlie LEAENO
9. George NDAIRA
10. Chris HOUSTON (c)
11. Tom HABERECHT
12. Danny WICKS
13. Aaron WHEATLEY
14. Damon ALLEY-TOVIO
15. Willie TUPOU
16. James JIMENEZ
17. Beau RYAN
18. Jamie KEITH
19. Bryson GOODWIN
20. Beau MUNDINE

bluebag43

Juniors
Hey 2 true blues, are you going down the Gong tomorrow night for the game?

If you are I might come with you!

2 True Blues

Coach
Mate you are definately always welcome for a lift but I am in Canberra at the moment and will be missing my first game for quite sometime. Heading back from here on Saturday to go to work on Sunday.

Please post the match report ASAP though, as will be very eager to find out how the lads go, who played well ETC.....

Sorry Mate...........

brendothejet

First Grade
Jeffles said:
with the JBC team having a bye, this is the only chance to see the Jets this weekend.

Jeffles,

You of all people should know I will not tolerate this :D

This is not the only chance to see the Jets this weekend. The A Grade Game kicks off at 2:50 at Snape Park.

A perfect opportunity to get your Jets fix for the weekend if you can't get to WIN.

Anyone who comes from the LU forum, I'll buy a sausage.

2 True Blues

Coach
Was thinking that too Brendo, But unofrtunately in Canberra. Want to see you guys play atleast once this season though.

You guys SHOULD be playing at Henson on game days. When is this gonna happen. Would be an awesome day out if it did.

brendothejet

First Grade
2 True Blues said:
Was thinking that too Brendo, But unofrtunately in Canberra. Want to see you guys play atleast once this season though.

You guys SHOULD be playing at Henson on game days. When is this gonna happen. Would be an awesome day out if it did.

Dream a little dream sweetheart....

I've played at Henson once and it stays in my memory as my favourite game. It was only a trial match but it got me so fired up! We won in the dying seconds against Belrose JBC! Not bad fro a graders :D

2 True Blues you are more than welcome at any A Grade game. perhaps there will be a day when Newtown are playing Premier league on a sunday where we can make a double header up here in sydney.

bluebag43

Juniors
So Roosterbooster, Are you going?

If so, we should meet up. I will have a Newtown Jumper on of course. It is the 90th anniversary jumper and on the back it has first in Rugby League!

2 True Blues

Coach

bluebag43 said:
So Roosterbooster, Are you going?

If so, we should meet up. I will have a Newtown Jumper on of course. It is the 90th anniversary jumper and on the back it has first in Rugby League!

Don't forget that match report as soon as you get home B43....LOL.......I will be waiting on the result with great enthusiasm, and won't have many fingernails left on my hands whilst waiting either....LMAO.....

Shame that Heath LeSTRANGE will be on the bench for the Roosters game. He has played some good footy so far this season and will definately be missed. Hope he goes well in first's though at the same time....

Come on Jets !!!! We need this one........

morley101

Juniors
Does anyone know the team that took the field against St George ?
I believe alot changes were made at the last moment according to the match report.