What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Results

Seagullsrock

Juniors
TV game: Easts 43 Young Guns 30
Toowoomba 34 Redcliffe 26 Had to happen Damn you MR cap
Burleigh 42 Souths 28

Quick summary from Purtell Park:

Colts: Wests 38 d Redcliffe 12
A Grade: Redcliffe 40 d Wests 20
2nd Div: Norfs Juniors 44 d Wests 10

Basically, the Dolphins played crap in Colts and were deservedly beaten well as did Wests in A Grade. Probably the best performance I've seen from a Redcliffe A Grade side this season.

miccle

Bench
omg :shock: The game at Toowoomba yesterday was just phenomenal... easily one of the better games of QRL that I've seen in my lifetime. It had everything, and with the mighty Clydesdales picking up the two points, let's just say that I'm one happy bloke atm! :)

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Qld Cup

Easts 43 d Pop Guns 30
Twba 34 d Redcliffe 26
Bogans 28 l Burleigh 42
Jets 38 TH 8
Devils 40 d Seagulls 14
Blues 28 l Comets 38

A

Easts 58 RB 10
Redcliffe 40 Wests 20
Burleigh 30 Bogans 12
Blues 23 Jets 18 :clap:
norths v Wynnum????????

Colts

Easts 54 RB 20
Wests 38 d Red 12 :(
Bogans 28 drew Skegs 28
Jets 44 d Blues 6
Norths 38 d Wynnum 12

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Bishop Park

Colts Norths 38 def Wynnum Seagulls 12

A Grade still being played

Qld Cup Norths 40 (Greg Inglis 2, Derek Fletcher 2, Cooper Cronk, Nathan Friend, Glen Turner tries; Marty Turner 6 goals) def Wynnum Seagulls 14 (Damien Durnford, Eddie Hei Hei, Simon Phillips tries; Greg Bourke goal)

Norths fielded a very strong team against a depleted Wynnum outfit, missing Grant Wooden, John Bruce, Cameron Durnford and Brett Seawright. It was a good quality game with Norths getting on top in the second half after leading 16 - 10 at half-time.

Marty Turner dominated play for the Devils with crisp passes and a deft kicking game which had the Gulls in trouble all day. Boom youngster Greg Inglis was sensational scoring one try with a blockbusting 30 metre run pushing off three defenders on the way. He also scored another and had a hand in a third.

Ironically, for Wynnum, this was possibly their best performance this season. Their attack was much better but it unfortunately can up against a committed norths defence. Clayton Maher and his "second-string" fellow forwards John Shillington and Junior Paulo along with Gary Winter did a power of work.

Dashed over to O'Callaghan after the game to see the last 10 minutes of the game there. Brothers-Valleys led 28 - 26 but couldn't hold on and Central managed two late tries to win 38 - 28.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
That scoreline had to be expected. Wynnum A grade won't even make the top four this year. Putting Craig Chapman at fullback and Mark Ogden at five eighth spells trouble.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
It certainly couldn't have helped having Allouche and Paulo taken up to the Qld Cup team. Not sure who they had for props but you need everything going for you to be competitive with the top sides in the comp.

dizi

Juniors
A couple of questions-

Why was Ben Jones playing reggies on the weekend?

And why isn't his brother playing at the moment?

What happens to the blokes that miss out on A grade each week? Do they play for a lower grade side?

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Ben probably wasn't playing his best. He was playing hurt and his form dropped off a bit in hindsight he probably should have taken a few weeks off earlier. Ben will be back he's a good player

I take it you mean Daniel he's been injured should be back next week unfortunately if our guys don't make the 17 for A Grade and are too old for Colts they don't get a game.

dizi

Juniors
Who got his position in Q cup?

Has the club considered playing a side in the Brisbane divisional competition?

And can someone please update me on Mick Daley's comeback, ie why did he have such a change of heart and how did be end up at the Broncos opposed to Redcliffe?

Narcissist

Juniors
Seagullsrock said:
That scoreline had to be expected. Wynnum A grade won't even make the top four this year. Putting Craig Chapman at fullback and Mark Ogden at five eighth spells trouble.
Not such a bad move, Ogden goes well with the ball in hand give him a few weeks to settle.

Latest posts