What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 23rd April 7:35pm @CommBank Stadium

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This isn’t just about the loss to the tigers.
it’s a general thing. We’ve made some sizeable holes in this years team from last, as expected there needs time for combos and gelling to occur. Fwiw I think ilias is coming along nicely.
Injuries have hurt us a bit now too.

I can’t see us getting to the top 4 for the above reasons. Maybe scrape in the 8. I think next year will be a stronger confident outfit.

I just don't think I've seen enough from the side to write them off yet. I personally think Illias will be a better all round player than Reynolds in a couple of years.

I think top 4 is very optimistic though and you'd be struggling to find a souths supporter who thinks otherwise if they put aside their bias. I'd be happy if we finished anywhere between 8th to 5th.

If our star players pull their fingers out we should be able to match it with most teams.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This isn’t just about the loss to the tigers.
it’s a general thing. We’ve made some sizeable holes in this years team from last, as expected there needs time for combos and gelling to occur. Fwiw I think ilias is coming along nicely.
Injuries have hurt us a bit now too.

I can’t see us getting to the top 4 for the above reasons. Maybe scrape in the 8. I think next year will be a stronger confident outfit.

Yeah I see where you're coming from but personally I think it might be teething pains with the new coach and the new players. This competition is really Melbourne and Penrith then everyone else. I expect things to change later in the year when injuries and origin start becoming a factor.

Im happy with a top 8 finish considering the changes we've had.

Im not expecting big things for next year either but definitely 2024 we should be aiming high and have a settled roster.

derekmc

Juniors
I do think its fairly dramatic to be writing our season off this early but Souths fans are like that.

Does anyone know if Taafe can play in the halves? I swear he was a half before he played fullback in NSW cup.

Maybe dropping Cody is the wake up call he needs to stop thinking about 2021.
Agree, send him signal to lift, personally I’d be looking to offload to dolphins and chasing someone

Latest posts