What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Warriors at WIN

The trick is to ignore what Flanno says. His words and actions have a tendency not to match. He'll bring CT in and move Lomax to centre.
I'm not posting this as an "I told you so". It's more of an "I'm telling you." In general, Flanno's selections are not hard to read if you observe his previous selections, and notice who are his favourites etc. He is more predictable than most coaches in this regard.

The other thing is that he is not averse to telling a fib. The other day "don't want to weaken one position to strengthen another". But, also, remember the press conference after the Dolphins game. He said he might have to make some changes. He knew even as he said it that he would make no changes. Then, before last week, he leaked a false story to the press about Lawrie and Rava (to fire them up). It's not always clear what the motivation is for these fibs, but they come thick and fast.

The lesson is, when predicting team sheets, always weigh his previous selections and your knowledge of his favourites more than you weigh his comments.

Will be fascinating to see how Lomax goes back in the centres with a new winger, if they kill it what will happen to Bird? I know what I would do , shop him around.
I expect Lomax and Rava will be on the right together this week. They've played there together a lot.

When Bird is back, it will be Bird right centre and Lomax right wing.

The only thing that could change is, if CT goes well and Rava doesn't, CT could take Ravas spot on the left when Bird comes back. I don't think this will happen.

DRAGONS ROUND 7 NRL TEAM LIST​

1. Tyrell Sloan – sponsored by EFEX

2. Christian Tuipulotu – sponsored by Aspec Masonry

3. Moses Suli – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre

4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania

5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong City Jetski

6. Kyle Flanagan – sponsored by React Facility Solutions

7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by St. George Leagues Club

8. Francis Molo – sponsored by UTECH

9. Jacob Liddle – sponsored by Active Forklifts

10. Hame Sele – sponsored by Deicorp

11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner – sponsored by HWLE

12. Jaydn Su’A – sponsored by Shire Steel

13. Tom Eisenhuth – sponsored by CHiQ

Interchange​

14. Jesse Marschke – sponsored by TripADeal

15. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Konnect

16. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Professionals Padstow

17. Ben Murdoch-Masila – sponsored by Squadron Energy
Watch Rava have a blinder

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I'm not posting this as an "I told you so". It's more of an "I'm telling you." In general, Flanno's selections are not hard to read if you observe his previous selections, and notice who are his favourites etc. He is more predictable than most coaches in this regard.

The other thing is that he is not averse to telling a fib. The other day "don't want to weaken one position to strengthen another". But, also, remember the press conference after the Dolphins game. He said he might have to make some changes. He knew even as he said it that he would make no changes. Then, before last week, he leaked a false story to the press about Lawrie and Rava (to fire them up). It's not always clear what the motivation is for these fibs, but they come thick and fast.

The lesson is, when predicting team sheets, always weigh his previous selections and your knowledge of his favourites more than you weigh his comments.
I think the real lesson is the coach has no integrity whatsoever which his past history also shows.

I think the real lesson is the coach has no integrity whatsoever which his past history also shows.
You've had a hard-on for Flanno since appointed

When he showed integrity in seeing out his contract at Manly, you said this exposed "serious doubts over his ability". Flanno could deliver multiple premierships, but he will never impress you

You will never concede anything his way.
Your lack of objectivity makes you irrelevant.

I haven’t been here long, but it seems like ol mate is a big ol troll, and everyone’s taking the bait

he’s not worth the time
He's not a troll

He's a full blown narcissist

I generally accept different opinions but I've had some bad experiences with such personalities and I've learnt.

The more you hold firm to your boundaries and continues to say, 'no' − the less a narcissist wants to engage with you.

That equals a win!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
You've had a hard-on for Flanno since appointed

When he showed integrity in seeing out his contract at Manly, you said this exposed "serious doubts over his ability". Flanno could deliver multiple premierships, but he will never impress you

You will never concede anything his way.
Your lack of objectivity makes you irrelevant.
Glad you had a read through of my posts and this was the best you could find?

Yes exactly, I did say that almost 12 months ago and that I believed Flanno was underestimating the job at hand. Judging by our woeful defence and effort shown in our losses, I reckon I was spot on the money.

You might think he was being honorable staying at Manly but i disagree, he already applied and got appointed for a head coach role and Manly would've certainly understood and found a more than capable assistant coach im sure.

He didn't want to come and take the reigns last season because it would've only put pressure on him and exposed him for his poor coaching and lack of innovation and ideas to really improve our club.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those back to back premierships if I were you mate!

Glad you had a read through of my posts and this was the best you could find?

Yes exactly, I did say that almost 12 months ago and that I believed Flanno was underestimating the job at hand. Judging by our woeful defence and effort shown in our losses, I reckon I was spot on the money.

You might think he was being honorable staying at Manly but i disagree, he already applied and got appointed for a head coach role and Manly would've certainly understood and found a more than capable assistant coach im sure.

He didn't want to come and take the reigns last season because it would've only put pressure on him and exposed him for his poor coaching and lack of innovation and ideas to really improve our club.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those back to back premierships if I were you mate!
Win or lose at the Dragons - 2016 shows he can coach
You lose!

justadragon

Bench
lomax to centre, CT left wing, Rava right confirmed.
otherwise same 17 as last week - Luc not named at all, brown in the 22
We suspected calf stain would be longer than a week,
Lomax will be trying to prove everyone wrong by destroying it at ctr this week.. this could be good to watch.. hopefully no flicks etc.
Lomax will have enough on his hands with RTS without trying to prove he's a hero. Keeping him quiet and having a solid game will be good enough.