What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Broncos 2016 Game Discussion

K-Man

Bench
I agree with you, I wasn't a fan before we signed him, I wasn't a fan when we signed him... and I'm not much of a fan after we've signed him. And we made him captain. My only hope was that he might make Mullen play better, but Mullen has been piss this year.

Looking at someone like Ash Taylor at the Titans shows there is value out there in the halves if you get the right young talent. I'm not saying Taylor is a superstar or that he specifically is the player we should have, but he's an example of how it's sometimes better to look for potential than spend a lot of money on a known quantity that is not very good. We spent real money on Hodko and there is nothing we can do now except deal with it, because he not a player or an age that will see improvement. He is what he is and the team can't grow with his growth.

Experience without skill or composure is the worst thing to spend on. We've got two of them and we're stuck with them.

I reckon Lamb would get destroyed defensively, but I'd like to see him do some stuff with the footy and make the opposition actually guess once in a while.

Turton Road

Juniors
... and this confirms it.

Are you still playing U14s?
It's funny isn't it. You love the fact that you can have your say on a forum because it gives you an avenue of speech. But if someone disagrees with your outstanding insights of the game .......

otori

Juniors
My God this is depressing. The Broncos are just having a training run. I'm just so tired of supporting a club of underachieving crap.

K-Man

Bench
Rocks or diamonds? The bloke played possibly 3 great games, 7 solid games and countless shithouse games. Roberts should have been given the arse years ago.

I'm not a Roberts fan at all. But every now and then he did something that would make an opposition defence worry. I'm not so much talking about his consistency from game to game, because you're right about how many of his overall games were quality. But at the very least he did some good things within 80 minutes.

What I hate about we have now is a) it was expensive, and b) it's predictable and crap rather than unpredictable and crap.

Nuffy

Bench
I think they need to look at a mod to the concussion rule, losing three players means it was over as a contest irrespective of the teams.

Spot On

Coach
It's funny isn't it. You love the fact that you can have your say on a forum because it gives you an avenue of speech. But if someone disagrees with your outstanding insights of the game .......

Yet your opinions about our key players are totally laughable seeing we have the spoon and are basically last on the ladder this season. Please, your outstanding insights are those of a school boy yet to understand the game you have recently taken an interest in.

You will learn a lot by reading more in this place though. Keep at it.

perverse

Referee
Jesus, Pat Mat has gotten worse and worse as the season has progressed. After a couple of games I thought he'd be all good. Yeah nah. Worst of the Mata'utia clan.

Nuffy

Bench
It's actually just sad now, there was a time when we were one of the best clubs and contenders.

Now we are just cannon fodder with no clear pathway back.

My genuine fear is this is our future, our younger players will either fail to fire or leave and we'll just continue to wither.

K-Man

Bench
Jesus, Pat Mat has gotten worse and worse as the season has progressed. After a couple of games I thought he'd be all good. Yeah nah. Worst of the Mata'utia clan.

I'd like to see some odds on Pat playing an NRL game beyond 2016. Assuming we strengthen at least a little in the off season and don't have so many injuries, I think it's fairly certain that Pat would never make another side in the NRL. He is destined for a long career in NSW Cup.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'm not a Roberts fan at all. But every now and then he did something that would make an opposition defence worry. I'm not so much talking about his consistency from game to game, because you're right about how many of his overall games were quality. But at the very least he did some good things within 80 minutes.

What I hate about we have now is a) it was expensive, and b) it's predictable and crap rather than unpredictable and crap.

Fair call.

Latest posts