What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs. Canberra Raiders Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos vs. Canberra Raiders
Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 20 April 2024
Kick Off: 7:35pm

BRISBANE2024.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Selwyn Cobbo 5. Jesse Arthars 6. Ezra Mam 7. Jock Madden 8. Corey Jensen 9. Billy Walters 10. Fletcher Baker 11. Jaiyden Hunt 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Xavier Willison 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Tristan Sailor

18. Martin Taupau 19. Benjamin Te Kura 20. Jordan Pereira 21. Blake Mozer 22. Josiah Karapani

CANBERRA2024.png

1. Chevy Stewart 2. James Schiller 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Sebastian Kris 5. Xavier Savage 6. Ethan Strange 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Danny Levi 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Ata Mariota 13. Morgan Smithies

14. Tom Starling 15. Simi Sasagi 16. Trey Mooney 17. Pasami Saulo

18. Kaeo Weekes 19. Emre Guler 20. Zac Woolford 21. Nick Cotric 22. Peter Hola​

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
No changes for the Broncos with Payne Haas, Adam Reynolds and Deine Mariner set to be available for next week.

It's a young Raiders outfit, but Ricky has inspired a seige mentality among his players and with the forwards dominating the middle, it's allowed their younger backs to showcase their skills. They'll be confident coming off their controversial win against the Titans, despite being considered outsiders by the bookies.

This game shapes as another big test for the forwards. If you were to go through both packs and put them head to head, I'd argue Canberra win the majority of those battles on reputation. However if the pack can hold it own, it should bring the likes of Mam, Walsh, Cobbo etc. into the game and they'll be the key.

Reactions: gUt

MRN

Juniors
I know it was wet, but damn that second half was bad. I wouldn't be pleased if I was a coach.
However, Fletcher Baker, has shown signs of life. But as he finally performs, Hunt has an absolute shocker. If he catches that ball and scores, second half could have been completely different. Just annoying when points differential is so crucial when trying to climb the ladder.
But we got the two points and first back to back wins for the year, so going in the right direction.
Hopefully we can get a win on the road next week wearing the cursed jersey no doubt.

Showtime

Juniors
I know it was wet, but damn that second half was bad. I wouldn't be pleased if I was a coach.
However, Fletcher Baker, has shown signs of life. But as he finally performs, Hunt has an absolute shocker. If he catches that ball and scores, second half could have been completely different. Just annoying when points differential is so crucial when trying to climb the ladder.
But we got the two points and first back to back wins for the year, so going in the right direction.
Hopefully we can get a win on the road next week wearing the cursed jersey no doubt.
Hunt is a struggler, he doesn’t appear to have anything in defence or attack. Hopefully Piakura is fully fit and stays injury free because I don’t want to see Hunt again, it’s almost like playing 1 short. Do we have any young talent coming through in the 2nd row?

Like you said, I thought Baker played well and the rest of the forward pack were all impressive. Interested to see what bench combination Kev comes up with next week, Smoothy, Hetherington, Willison and Baker I’m assuming.