What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Parra

chrisD

Coach
Thinking forward I'd like to see Brown starting hooker and moved into the backrow when Seg comes on but I don't see it happening.

Masoe should stay in the team from here on out, Plum should also stay in the team.

Since his first game if Humble isn't having a shocker he's the invisible man. Throw Austin in the six if Humble doesn't prove his worth by the time Austin is fit. Playing first grade in the six couldn't hurt Austin as a player next season.

T.Robinson needs to learn to tackle.

We'll be a lot better bringing it out of our own end when Mansour is back, which we'll need as Whare and Robinson play light.

Thought Manu had a big game last night.

age.s

First Grade
Is his defence any worse then Mansour rushing in? I don't think so it can be covered by others. You can work with that you can't give Simmons or Mansour his electric speed

Based on last night and last night only it absolutely is. Bad decisions in defence is certainly not a positive, but a complete inability to tackle your opposite number is a far more glaring weakness that's easier to exploit. That's not to say he can't work on it, but if last nights performance is going to be standard it's not a weakness we can afford to carry.

He was up against Cheyse Blair and some kid none of us had heard of before this year. I wouldn't want to see him against someone like Uate.

abpanther

Staff member
First game I've been able to get to this season and took my 5 year old son to his first ever footy game, sure picked a good one!!

Really happy with the performance

Positives
- The debut of Matt Moylan, wow, how nice was it to see a genuine fullback out there, outstanding support play, great hands and solid at the back
- Luke Walsh was great, directed the troops around the park, great kicking and 5th tackle options, took the ball to the line and played much closer to the line. Great performance
- Matt Robinson continues to impress me. Nice size and the ability to play wide and pop his nose through the advantage line and put his outside men away.
- Travis Robinson looks like a dynamo in attack
- I thought our forwards were good. Grant was his usual self, McKendry solid and I thought Docker also acquitted himself well
- Really liking our bench, Segayaro has been our best player all season IMO and havving Masoe come on and add some size was great

Negatives
- I still really dislike seeing Segayaro and Kingston on the field at the same time, Kingston was continually run at when he was playing in the backrow and was bumped off plenty of times
- I don't think Humble is the answer at 6

franklin2323

Immortal
Based on last night and last night only it absolutely is. Bad decisions in defence is certainly not a positive, but a complete inability to tackle your opposite number is a far more glaring weakness that's easier to exploit. That's not to say he can't work on it, but if last nights performance is going to be standard it's not a weakness we can afford to carry.

He was up against Cheyse Blair and some kid none of us had heard of before this year. I wouldn't want to see him against someone like Uate.

Watch Brown Loko owned him and he's a good defender or the other 7 for their 2nd try. It started from Robinson but should of been shut down. The 2 or 3 from Mansour he created overlaps far worse

chrisD

Coach
His tackling was terrible and it's a serious issue. With Brown inside him it's carriable atm, but he'd want to have improved by the time Mansour is fit again because he's going to be hard to fit somewhere else if he hasn't.

age.s

First Grade
Watch Brown Loko owned him and he's a good defender or the other 7 for their 2nd try. It started from Robinson but should of been shut down. The 2 or 3 from Mansour he created overlaps far worse

It wasn't Loko, it was their rookie Toutai.

Wasn't just referring to the try either. As you say there were 4 or 5 players that should have made a tackle in that play. There were at least 3 other incidents where Robinson was very casually brushed aside, and other players had a hand in the tackles he did end up making.

Don't want to be too negative though. So happy after watching a decent performance. Just want to see more of Robinson before I jump on the bandwagon.

On a slightly related note Simmons was really good. Solid, ran the ball back well and possibly his finest moment with that linebreak/pass in the second half.

franklin2323

Immortal
It wasn't Loko, it was their rookie Toutai.

Wasn't just referring to the try either. As you say there were 4 or 5 players that should have made a tackle in that play. There were at least 3 other incidents where Robinson was very casually brushed aside, and other players had a hand in the tackles he did end up making.

Don't want to be too negative though. So happy after watching a decent performance. Just want to see more of Robinson before I jump on the bandwagon.

On a slightly related note Simmons was really good. Solid, ran the ball back well and possibly his finest moment with that linebreak/pass in the second half.

I agree there. My point is Mansour can be solely responsible for 3 tries in 6 games ( 2 rush in and misses and a dropped kick against Cowboys). In both Mansour and Robinson I think the positives out weight the negatives. ATM Mansour comes straight back in but Robinson can put pressure on if he fixes his flaws

maple_69

Bench
Yeah to let Simmons break the line like that was pretty piss poor from Parts but his pass to Moylan was first rate. Moylan and Whare's quick passes to put Simmons over brought a big smile to my face.
Front row rotation all did well and I though every change made saw a massive difference.
Only changes I think we could use would be Roberts in for Newton, Mansour for Simmons/Robinson and Austin in for Kingston when fit.

Moylan, Mansour, Whare, Roberts, Robinson/Simmons, Humble, Walsh, Mckendry, Brown, Grant, Docker, Manu, Austin, Segeyaro, Robinson, Plum, Masoe

This side would be very competitive and allow us to safely bring in some younger guys without us constantly getting slogged.

natheel

Coach
Congrats on the win. Was hard to watch but honestly even though you guys have only win 2 games I still feel you guys are underrated. Apart from a couple backs your side is actually very good especially your forwards. Good to see some young guys rip in and I hope ours rip in this week.

Segeyaro is probably buy of the season

soc123_au

Staff member
Nice comments Nath, that would have been tough to watch as an Eels supporter. You are right on Seg, I think he has the potential to become a fan favorite up with the likes of Preston & Girds in time.

franklin2323

Immortal
Congrats on the win. Was hard to watch but honestly even though you guys have only win 2 games I still feel you guys are underrated. Apart from a couple backs your side is actually very good especially your forwards. Good to see some young guys rip in and I hope ours rip in this week.

Thanks for that. Yeah we have quality in the lower grades good to see them perform in the top grade.

age.s

First Grade

Thanks mate. Honestly I think you guys are a much better team than you showed on Monday. People have you as a lock for the spoon but I actually don't think you'll get it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thanks mate. Honestly I think you guys are a much better team than you showed on Monday. People have you as a lock for the spoon but I actually don't think you'll get it.

They are giving kids ago too so down the track it will help them

chrisD

Coach
I disagree, Parra are f**king terrible and unlike Penrith I see no end in sight. It's at the stage where I think Hayne leaving might be the best option for both club and player (like Lewis), a new beginning for both.

chrisD

Coach
This was the best team we've fielded this year, Mansour was the only real loss, media are clueless talking about how we were undermanned or how the Parra team on paper should have beaten us. The injuries just forced much needed changes.

franklin2323

Immortal
This was the best team we've fielded this year, Mansour was the only real loss, media are clueless talking about how we were undermanned or how the Parra team on paper should have beaten us. The injuries just forced much needed changes.

Yeah I noticed that and laughed. Naiqama, Ciraldo, Smith injured. Whare in the centres, Robinson x 2 & Moylan it was the team we should of had in round 1

franklin2323

Immortal
I disagree, Parra are f**king terrible and unlike Penrith I see no end in sight. It's at the stage where I think Hayne leaving might be the best option for both club and player (like Lewis), a new beginning for both.

They are terrible now. But look at the age of the backs and you add Hopoate and Norman to that and lose Roberts an it will get better.

Anyway lets not lose track here