What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Crush

Coach
Our boys will be up for this game. Now they are back to earth and realise it is the form they showed against the Eels that they need to show if they hope to smash the Roosters.

But Hook will need to make changes:

3. Max Feagai for Bird
6. Bird for Norman - Bird needs kicking sessions with Soward
7. Hunt for Clune - Hunt would do with some kicking sessions with Soward
8. McGuire for Merin
14. Lawrie
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili for Ellis
17. Burns for Williame

On a warning:
Dufty
Kerr

Dropped to KOE:
Norman
Clune
Merin
Ellis
Williame
One loss and sweeeeeeeping changes!
Oi You! Youre out!
Oi You! Youre in!
Oi you two! Both on warnings!
Right! Bird and Hunt, go with Jamie to learn how to kick!

Valheru

Coach
Surprise Surprise Radley and the Roosters fighting a 3 week ban grade 2 at the judiciary
if they are successful as per normal
only gets a fine.
The NRL cries not our responsibility but Roosters will crow to the panel
Come on fellas we’ve got enough out
Paper bag for you, you and you
Of course poor taste in humour there by myself.

The problem you have here is that the Storm have taken the extraordinary step of admitting that Munster staying down and being removed from the field was "tactical" (The goal presumably being to get Radley binned) and that Munster said Radley "hardly got him".

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-20...18th-man/695769a4-559a-4a78-a0de-3c3cc5e6bf86

Crush

Coach
Surprise Surprise Radley and the Roosters fighting a 3 week ban grade 2 at the judiciary
if they are successful as per normal
only gets a fine.
The NRL cries not our responsibility but Roosters will crow to the panel
Come on fellas we’ve got enough out
Paper bag for you, you and you
Of course poor taste in humour there by myself.

On the other side I think Mitchell is very lucky
Could’ve been a lot worse than Grade 2
looked pretty intentional and got him flush imagine if he broken his jaw
And for kicking out at someone in the head got a fine for that and a fine for he Slater slide
Bird a week for what he did.
Yes I know, some are treated differently to others.
Hetherington well he’s an easy target.
The key is not to pay any notice to it, the rorting that is.
It'll just drive you mad so don't even follow the news.
Like the bunker, every time they go upstairs just accept that the call is going to go against us. Don't even watch the replay, just go into the kitchen and grab a snack or a beer, knowing that it'll go against us. Only way to win is to score clean crisp tries, don't even think about giving them a way to take it back.
Of course Radley will get off, he will be there on Anzac Day.
And of course we will cop all the dud calls in that game too, just accept it mate.

Crush

Coach

Dragon David

First Grade
One thing for sure and what makes Saints perform well is when they get a decent ref and being one of the bigger games of the round they will get that and not a ref in the lower end of the scale like the dud against Warriors.

Roosters will be pumped. Geez I hope BMoz is out. He always plays well against Saints. And with the form he is in, he will score plenty.
Yes, Brett and Josh M love playing against us. While B Morris might not play on Anzac Day, I would prefer us to win with him playing and we nullify his attack.

If we are the real deal, which in my opinion we are not yet, we have got to be be able to beat the top 4 teams and those teams that are trying to be in the 8, like the Warriors, as we showed how it was done against the Eels. So, playing against a full strength side is better for us whether we win or lose so that we can learn how to compete well no matter what the outcome.

I can remember playing competitive sport when I was in my prime and if I lost, I would dissect what i did and what the opponent did and then work out ways to beat him. This is what Griffin is doing I am sure, so a very good winning game plan by him will have to be devised and the players learning what to do on Tuesday and Thursday to the letter T.

The problem you have here is that the Storm have taken the extraordinary step of admitting that Munster staying down and being removed from the field was "tactical" (The goal presumably being to get Radley binned) and that Munster said Radley "hardly got him".

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-20...18th-man/695769a4-559a-4a78-a0de-3c3cc5e6bf86

End of the day he hit him flush on the chin with his arm.
Whether Munster stays down or gets straight up the contact was high.
Easy suspension for most teams so lets see what happens.

Dragon David

First Grade
MItchell also going for a downgrade on his hit on Nofoaluma. So will be interesting to see what happens. We know that the serial offender Hetherington will be a goner for a while.

getsmarty

Immortal
62901832mcguirej-210418_gt_044_2021418135913.jpg

DRAGONS

Strange feeling for McGuire at Dragons - being cheered in NSW
Author
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 19 Apr 2021, 02:38 PM
Share on social media
Josh McGuire reckoned his St George Illawarra debut at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Sunday was the first time he'd ever been cheered by a crowd in NSW.

The hardened forward, whose passion for Queensland in the Ampol State of Origin arena has made him a villain south of the Tweed, came off the bench in the 20-14 loss to the Warriors and played 57 minutes.

McGuire only arrived at the Dragons on Tuesday after being released by the Cowboys but the veteran likened it to a "high school reunion" as he linked with former Broncos teammates Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Corey Norman and coach Anthony Griffin.

"I've been playing with Macca and Hunty since we were 14. We're good mates," said McGuire, who tallied 139 metres in the Red V.

"It was always [a move] that if it came about, it was going to be very easy ... Same with the staff - Tony Guilfoyle [physical performance manager] was from the Broncos when I was a kid.

remote.axd

Dragons attack in sync early

"Hook has got kind of the whole old crew together, what worked for us when we were at the Broncos in those years and it obviously worked when they were at Penrith and had success there too."

McGuire spoke positively of North Queensland, for whom he played 39 NRL games after leaving Brisbane in 2019, but said his premature departure was in the best interests of both parties.

"They're probably starting to rebuild and I'm 31 and I don't have too many more years to just wait and rebuild," he said.
"I'm fortunate enough that the Cowboys facilitated [a release], it's a wonderful club and good people up there. I'm very thankful for them and the Dragons for giving me this opportunity to play for them.

"It was an exciting opportunity to work with Hook again. It's no secret I've got a close relationship with him and I respect him and respect what he's done for my football career.

"Todd [Payten, North Queensland coach] is doing a good job up there, he's got some really good young guys to work with who will get their opportunity and learn their lessons."

While he's renowned as a fiery character in the heat of battle, McGuire hopes to endear himself to St George Illawarra supporters.

"I feel like I'm a different person off the field than I am on the field. I just love footy, I love competing and doing my best," said the former Bronco, who will play his first Anzac Day clash against the Roosters on Sunday.

"I'll do that here and I'm super excited about the opportunity. If the fans get on the back of it and they like me, then that's a good thing."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...or-mcguire-at-dragons---being-cheered-in-nsw/

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You can see I know my footy down to the finest details...gave Kerr a big wrap last week prior to The Warriors game and said I was expecting a big game from him and what happens he had a shocker....no wraps on any individuals this week against The Chooks Im afraid

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

DRAGONS

Author
Timestamp
Share on social media
Josh McGuire reckoned his St George Illawarra debut at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Sunday was the first time he'd ever been cheered by a crowd in NSW.

The hardened forward, whose passion for Queensland in the Ampol State of Origin arena has made him a villain south of the Tweed, came off the bench in the 20-14 loss to the Warriors and played 57 minutes.

McGuire only arrived at the Dragons on Tuesday after being released by the Cowboys but the veteran likened it to a "high school reunion" as he linked with former Broncos teammates Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Corey Norman and coach Anthony Griffin.

"I've been playing with Macca and Hunty since we were 14. We're good mates," said McGuire, who tallied 139 metres in the Red V.

"It was always [a move] that if it came about, it was going to be very easy ... Same with the staff - Tony Guilfoyle [physical performance manager] was from the Broncos when I was a kid.

remote.axd

"Hook has got kind of the whole old crew together, what worked for us when we were at the Broncos in those years and it obviously worked when they were at Penrith and had success there too."

McGuire spoke positively of North Queensland, for whom he played 39 NRL games after leaving Brisbane in 2019, but said his premature departure was in the best interests of both parties.

"They're probably starting to rebuild and I'm 31 and I don't have too many more years to just wait and rebuild," he said.
"I'm fortunate enough that the Cowboys facilitated [a release], it's a wonderful club and good people up there. I'm very thankful for them and the Dragons for giving me this opportunity to play for them.

"It was an exciting opportunity to work with Hook again. It's no secret I've got a close relationship with him and I respect him and respect what he's done for my football career.

"Todd [Payten, North Queensland coach] is doing a good job up there, he's got some really good young guys to work with who will get their opportunity and learn their lessons."

While he's renowned as a fiery character in the heat of battle, McGuire hopes to endear himself to St George Illawarra supporters.

"I feel like I'm a different person off the field than I am on the field. I just love footy, I love competing and doing my best," said the former Bronco, who will play his first Anzac Day clash against the Roosters on Sunday.

"I'll do that here and I'm super excited about the opportunity. If the fans get on the back of it and they like me, then that's a good thing."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...or-mcguire-at-dragons---being-cheered-in-nsw/
Thanks mate as always an enjoyable informative read

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Not sure if Hook will change to much this week its not realky his go..besides Lawrie coming in cant see anyone else ......doubt vey much if Hunt plays

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Our boys will be up for this game. Now they are back to earth and realise it is the form they showed against the Eels that they need to show if they hope to smash the Roosters.

But Hook will need to make changes:

3. Max Feagai for Bird
6. Bird for Norman - Bird needs kicking sessions with Soward
7. Hunt for Clune - Hunt would do with some kicking sessions with Soward
8. McGuire for Merin
14. Lawrie
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili for Ellis
17. Burns for Williame

On a warning:
Dufty
Kerr

Dropped to KOE:
Norman
Clune
Merin
Ellis
Williame

Possm, mate you need to get over the Max Madness for a while. His attacking side is good but defensively he's a liability espevoally against the Roosters, they would target him almost every play. His 70.6% TE in a KOE Cup game isnt where it needs to be.

Hunt is very 50/50 playing on Sunday and if he's 50% he not ready. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he's named tomorrow.

BLM01

First Grade

Yes agree the Storm are the best at bending the rules to their advantage
They are back not playing the ball with their foot again

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

DRAGONS

Author
Timestamp
Share on social media

remote.axd

Well... he's saying all the right things but my respect for him will be earned by his deeds on the field. Hook has a reputation for being a man manager (something Mary definitely wasn't- at least not to the more complex personalities) and he may be just the person who can get McGuire functioning well in a new state in both his private and footballing lives.

BLM01

First Grade
The key is not to pay any notice to it, the rorting that is.
It'll just drive you mad so don't even follow the news.
Like the bunker, every time they go upstairs just accept that the call is going to go against us. Don't even watch the replay, just go into the kitchen and grab a snack or a beer, knowing that it'll go against us. Only way to win is to score clean crisp tries, don't even think about giving them a way to take it back.
Of course Radley will get off, he will be there on Anzac Day.
And of course we will cop all the dud calls in that game too, just accept it mate.

No I dont follow the news..just the inconsistent outcomes from judiciary Monday review and Tuesday panel...although it is reported in the news...but I cant accept it, it infuriates me and I want the whole grading / charge system overhauled, blown up and simplified :mad:
For me Mitchell's elbow was a send off but he will say he turned his head. he knew where he was aiming.. How is Hetherington's actions on field worse than Mitchell's
Tigers were robbed.
Roosters...they are the challenge kings and I am jealous

Latest posts