What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs. Tigers Discussion + Voting

marty65

Juniors
I'll settle for 30 points and a top 8 spot for the Broncos this season.
Thats all I need to win a fair amount of $$$, after jumping on the 3.00 odds (for the top 8) couple of weeks back. I'm a Panthers fan...but those odds were ridiculous...and money is money...:D.

Broncos never miss the semis (OK with 1 exception in 25 years).

Bretto

Bench
I'll settle for 30 points and a top 8 spot for the Broncos this season.
Thats all I need to win a fair amount of $$$, after jumping on the 3.00 odds (for the top 8) couple of weeks back. I'm a Panthers fan...but those odds were ridiculous...and money is money...:D.

Broncos never miss the semis (OK with 1 exception in 25 years).

I hope we miss the 8 just so you lose your money so you can learn a lesson about gambling.

On the game, not much to say really. We were poorly disciplined, poor ball control and Norman kept hogging the ball. Thaiday really needs to stop the "MATE" shit with the refs. He's losing respect with them. Just STFU and play footy Sam. I'll take the 2 points, but really feel like we regressed this week.

3. Hodges
2. Hannant
1. Gillett

Last edited:

unbreaK

Juniors
Pretty bad game in my opinion, Hodges was great and the forwards were solid, Thaiday was really frustrating with giving away stupid penalties, like he always does, Maranta was frustrating because.. well he's garbage.

3 - Hodges
2 - Hannant
1 - Norman

PLEASE drop Maranta for Kemp, Maranta offers nothing.

AceAv

Juniors
Maranta caught a nice ball to nealy score, got a lot of difficult kicks launched at him and was running hard into his hit ups.

Griff is all about consistency and not rotating as much as possible, so I don't think maranta is going anywhere until YY is back

unbreaK

Juniors
Maranta caught a nice ball to nealy score, got a lot of difficult kicks launched at him and was running hard into his hit ups.

Griff is all about consistency and not rotating as much as possible, so I don't think maranta is going anywhere until YY is back

Wasn't that impressive, and he made 2 crucial errors which counteracted any good work he did, between him and Scott Princes goal kicking we probably should've lost this game.

jakepearce94

Juniors
Because we almost inevitably slump during Origin? We need as many premiership points as possible before that happens, and given the current F/A differential between us and the next four teams, it's going to take them a lot of work to catch up with us.
after the bye rounds from now we will be a minimum of 12 points, the warriors who are last will be a minimum of 6 points, minus the byes there is still six games that they could possibly pick up the two points, broncos could very well be at the bottom of the ladder if we lose every game, it's not impossible.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
This game must have racked up the most penalties in one game this year. A F***ING whistleathon!!! Some of the calls were shocking but went both ways. We played scrappy first half but got the points and then for some reason the game plan was changed for the second half and we got even worse and why did Norman start taking over the kicking duties on the 5th had me stumped when Wallace timed them perfectly in the first half? At least Hunt didn't kick but he wasn't at his best out there either.

Scrappy, scrappy F***ING scrappy and against anyone else we would have lost but the Tigers beat us being the scrappiest and crapiest so happy to have the points. Hodges wreaked havoc all night and great to see Gillett have a strong one and Wallace also.

Maranta made one true balls up with that knock on but would rather stick with him at this stage.

3. Hodges
2. Gillett
1. Wallace

marty65

Juniors
I hope we miss the 8 just so you lose your money so you can learn a lesson about gambling.

Is that what they call cutting your nose off to spite your face??...:D.

I think the only lesson I'm going to learn is that backing the Broncos to make the semis (at 3.00 odds), is a profitable play...year in, year out.

Besides, since I've been betting on sports for about the last 20 years, I probably dont need any lessons from any MUPPETT (such as yourself) on here. But thanks anyway...;-).

Bretto

Bench
Is that what they call cutting your nose off to spite your face??...:D.

I think the only lesson I'm going to learn is that backing the Broncos to make the semis (at 3.00 odds), is a profitable play...year in, year out.

Besides, since I've been betting on sports for about the last 20 years, I probably dont need any lessons from any MUPPETT (such as yourself) on here. But thanks anyway...;-).

Congratulations. You have a gambling problem. Now f**k off out of the Broncos forum. Muppet.

Big Pete

Referee
Let's see them votes people.

3. Ben Hannant
2. Corey Parker
1. Justin Hodges

Even if we won by 50, I don't think I was ever going to be stoked with the performance because of the quality of our opposition. Tigers had little luck with injury and in the end, it feels like we were a bit fortunate to get away with it. That's how it feels, although the reality is they received a host of home-town calls and extremely lucky bounces.

Team is guilty of playing too much in passages and are guilty of soft options and effectively lose the ruck, which we did part-way through the second half. That was disappointing, but it was assuring to see the likes of Hoffman and Hodges come up with huge plays when we needed them.

Credit where it's due, Scott Prince played well. It was the game where he should given how much our forwards dominated but hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

AceAv

Juniors
I somewhat agree with you pete. I saw the Tigz throw a lot of there Fwds at prince and each time I gripped my seat in anguish. But he held onto them for dear life. Glad to see him man up and let Parker take the kicking. Even if he was a little rusty...

I wasn't super impressed by him though, but he certainly wasn't over playing his hand or making silly mistakes.

And go easy on the gambler bretto!!? Ya sound like you just stepped out of rehab lolz

Bretto

Bench
Hmmm, sorry. I did see one of our family friends destroy his entire family and life because of gambling when I was growing up, so I guess it comes from there. Anyway, moving on... :crazy:

Mr Saab

Referee
Pete Pete Pete.

Hodges has to get 3 votes. If he does not play, we do not win. He had 14 tackle busts and looked threatening each time he had the ball

3- Hodges
2- Gillet
1. Hannant

I hope Maranta does not turn into another Dale Copely. Ahhhh the days when we had superstar wingers in Dell, Hancock, Carne, Lote.

Big Pete

Referee
I didn't feel like Hodges had a bearing on the game until the final 15 or so unlike Hannant and Parker who were immense all game and gave us that buffer.

Plus, I'm cranky with his effort on Utai.

unbreaK

Juniors
Pete Pete Pete.

Hodges has to get 3 votes. If he does not play, we do not win. He had 14 tackle busts and looked threatening each time he had the ball

3- Hodges
2- Gillet
1. Hannant

I hope Maranta does not turn into another Dale Copely. Ahhhh the days when we had superstar wingers in Dell, Hancock, Carne, Lote.

Tame Tupou!

Chainshada

Juniors
I don't really blame Hodges for that, Utai was in unusual form, trying to prove he should be in the squad..I remember later on he carried 3-4 of our forwards 6-8 metres up the middle of the field.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Pete Pete Pete.

3- Hodges
2- Gillet
1. Hannant

Yow Yeh is a better winger than any of those guys on their best day, except maybe Dell.