What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. Knights Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Since their inception, the individual fanbases of the Brisbane Broncos and Newcastle Knights have always had one question in relation to one another: Who's Better? Undeniably the Broncos with their wealth of talent smoked Newcastle BUT when Newcastle came accross superstars such as Andrew Johns and Danny Buderus the rivalry began to even out and has since captivated both sets of fans for a number of years. Sadly the rivalry has diminished over the past couple of years and the matches have often finished in lopsided affairs. Neutral supporters will be hoping for a buck in the trend, while fellow Broncos supporters (who I'm mostly addressing) will be hoping for the two points (and possibly a whooping ;-).

Sides are announced later today and I believe we'll be lining up as we were in Round 7. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of big Dave Taylor who earnt the Man of the Match on Saturday at Langlands Park.

Make yourself at home guys - predict, preview, discuss, provide team analysis and news. Most of all have fun! Novacastrians are welcomed as well although any Lockyer vs. Johns non-sense will not be tolerated. (Because we know Lockyer is a mile better ;-))

kruzin

Juniors
I think this should be a breezer for the broncs this week, with the newcastle side taking a beating on sunday afternoon,
Broncs by 13+

P.S you dont have to be a novacastrian to know lockyer is better haha, AS FAR AS I KNOW: Lockyers not a drug cheat :D

and id look like a total noob.

P.S Can someone delete my noobish double post, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be tighter then u guys think, we may not scare as many points without Mullen but our defence will mean that we wont be a walk in the park either.

That being said the Bronco's with the 13-19 margin is great value as you's will probably do us easily but not whoop us.

Lycon79

Juniors
I think it is going to be a real hard game I do believe the Broncs will win by a try maybe two. The knights will be keen to bounce back after a loss that would of really hurt so will come out all guns blazing. High balls to the wingers will be effective against the Knights IMO

perverse

Referee
I think it is going to be a real hard game I do believe the Broncs will win by a try maybe two. The knights will be keen to bounce back after a loss that would of really hurt so will come out all guns blazing. High balls to the wingers will be effective against the Knights IMO
you'll have no luck bombing to mcmanus. uate is a different story... however it's always a risk giving him the ball.

Big Pete

Referee
info09-r8nwcbri.jpg

Gates open 5:00pm

nwc-main.jpg

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. James McManus 3. Junior Sau 4. Adam MacDougall 5. Akuila Uate
6. Ben Rogers 7. Scott Dureau
8. Mark Taufua 9. Issac De Gois 10. Chris Houston
11. Steve Simpson 12. Zeb Taia
13. Matt Hilder​

Interchange: 14. Marvin Karawana 15. Tim Natusch 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Danny Wicks
Reserves: 18. Keith Lulia​

bri-alt.jpg

BRISBANE BRONCOS
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Steve Michaels 4. Justin Hodges 5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday 12. Ashton Sims
13. Corey Parker​

Interchange: 14. Aaron Gorrell 15. Palmer Wapau 16. Josh McGuire 17. Alex Glenn​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
TBA
Sideline TBA
Video TBA​

Toyota Cup Round 8
Newcastle v Brisbane
EnergyAustralia, Saturday 5:15pm​

QLD Cup Round 8
Norths (BRI) v Northern (NQL)
Bishop Park, Sunday 2:00pm​

Source: Timmah Post Count ltd. Remember it's not a post unless it's approved by Timmah. ;-)​

Dazzat

First Grade
Still no Taylor despite playing the house down on the weekend in the Qld Cup.

Apey

Staff member
Like I said in the Game Day thread, it's a bit disappointing that we're not coming into this game with all our best players available (and the same to you if it's a similar story) because I'd really enjoy a good match-up between the Knights and Broncos when we finally have a decent competitive team after the last few years of crap.

Ever since that game in 2004 I've enjoyed watch the games between us (despite you mostly beating us :( ) and imo it sucks this one probably won't be all it could be.

Best of luck, Broncos by 6 - 12.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
With the injuries that Lycon79 has pointed out the Broncos should win comfortably. Have a couple of questions for you all. If Teo was available for this game would he be in the squad? And who would he replace?

broncos70

Juniors
With the injuries that Lycon79 has pointed out the Broncos should win comfortably. Have a couple of questions for you all. If Teo was available for this game would he be in the squad? And who would he replace?

he would most likely replace wapau or mcguire..they wouldnt drop sims he's been playing pretty good

Mr Saab

Referee
Alot of Knights players dropping like flys.
http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=54649
Our chances are looking better and better hope its still a good game though because I think we need a good tough game leading into the Manly game

With the manly game it will be after the test match and more than likely the broncos will have Lockyer, Folau, hodges, Thaiday and maybe Hunt backing up.
Manly might have a couple also...Kite, Watmong....

bluesbreaker

Bench
I f**kin hate the Broncos, but credit where credit is due, you guys are gonna give us a spanking the likes of which is usually only reserved for red-headed step children.

Be nice to play you guys full-strength vs full-strength, can't remember the last time, maybe 03 at Suncorp?

8Ball

First Grade
If this is played in dry conditions, this will be a very very high scoring game. Broncos are coming last (or thereabouts) in missed tackles, last in effective tackles. Having said that, we should have enough points in us, after last week's run against Parra.

Prediction- 38 - 24 to the Broncos

I f**kin hate the Broncos, but credit where credit is due, you guys are gonna give us a spanking the likes of which is usually only reserved for red-headed step children.

Be nice to play you guys full-strength vs full-strength, can't remember the last time, maybe 03 at Suncorp?

surely it wnt be as bad at the 71-6 demolition job.

Knights by two. Broncs have a stellar backline but our forward pack is IMO slightly better. THat said overall the broncs are just awesome.

Last edited:

Latest posts