What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Re: Norman - he really is starting to step his game up. There are one or four times a game where he should be passing to the Centres, but his running game is phenomenal. He does a similar job to what Widdop is doing at the Storm, but on top of that he has a huge boot.

2 - Hoffman
1 - Wallace

AceAv

Juniors
Happy for the win & the 20 pts f/a, but yeah I woulda hated to pay to see that game. Bronx have had it pretty easy so far. When you look at the intensity that the manly v dogs game was played at I wonder if we can match it. The next 3 rounds will certainly tell.

The Refs seemed to be happy with the speed of the play the balls, but I wad getting the shits with some of the laziness. Amazing 2d half try even if it was a line ball at best. The other 2 fwd passes were terrible calls! As was the Titans no try. -why was this not "refs call" -haven't seen that used all year! I felt a bit sorry for the titoz I guess...

Copely hasn't done too much wrong. I can tell griff likes his safety 1st style now. Id like to see him step up a little now tho (I might regret it).

Definately keep hodges on! That was a scary moment, but the fact he got up almost straight away shows how tough he is. All the Bronx seem to be pretty injury proof when u compare them to knights or raiders. And our bench is incredible!

3. Glenn
2. Hannant
1. Norman

IBA

Juniors
I think the Copley issue is a little magnified in that he replaces Yow Yeh - it means we don't have a weapon under the bomb we love so much. I watched the game again this arvo, Wallaces attacking kicks were excellent but they were to a winger who just can't convert. Gagai has that in-air kind of x-factor taking attacking kicks which may lead to him grabbing a jersey. Either that or we need to start kicking to Reed or Hoffman more.

That being said, Copley wasn't bad - infact probably his best game this year - he just can't complete those opportunities.

We are winning and that's always good. Next few weeks, especially this one, should be pretty telling.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I'm seeing glimpses of things that Ben Hunt can do for the team that Wallace will never be able to do. Our attack looks genuinely threatening when ever the Hunt/Norman combo gets game time together.

Anyway.........

Forwards once again for mine drove the side home. That's not wanting to criticise the backs ( I thought Hoffman was very good......Hodges too), it's just the forwards were the standouts. In the pelting rain it's hardly a surprise

3. Glenn
2. Hannant
1. Petero

Bretto

Bench
I'm seeing glimpses of things that Ben Hunt can do for the team that Wallace will never be able to do. Our attack looks genuinely threatening when ever the Hunt/Norman combo gets game time together.

Anyway.........

Forwards once again for mine drove the side home. That's not wanting to criticise the backs ( I thought Hoffman was very good......Hodges too), it's just the forwards were the standouts. In the pelting rain it's hardly a surprise

3. Glenn
2. Hannant
1. Petero

I've been thinking about this lately, and I have to agree completely. As soon as Ben Hunt came on the other night at Half Back, he made a break and set up a (no) try. Couple weeks ago he was dynamic with Norman in the halves, and you're right, our attack looks genuinely threatening when they are the halves pairing.

I never used to rate Ben Hunt very much. But, after seeing that game a couple weeks ago, and then his 10 minute cameo the other night againt the Titans, he's changed my mind.

In saying that, where does that leave Wallace? He's a good player in pretty good form ATM. He steers the team around pretty well, but ultimately lacks that attacking flair of Ben Hunt. Do you move him to hooker? Andrew McCullough has been one of our best players this season, and is always improving. He's developing a handy kicking game too.

Do you then let Wallace go? I believe the Broncos have just signed him till the end of 2013 or 2014? Seems silly, but I'm sure it's been playing on Anthony Griffin's mind a lot.

I guess in the end, you keep Hunt for those short bursts at times at either Hooker or Half Back, and god forbid if Wallace or McCullough get injured, but I guess he's the ace up the sleeve so to speak for if that unfortunate situation were to eventuate.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
I am completely baffled by the criticism of certain players. We've lost 1 game all season, one season after losing the greatest Bronco of them all. Here and in other forums posters talk about not being impressed with the Broncos' wins and taking pot shots at players... it's pretty stunning. What does it take to impress people?

Thaiday is no prop.

Anyway I do think we're at Manly's level and the Warriors will be more worried about us than we should be about them. Yeah it's a tough road trip and they historically fire up for us but come on if form is a guide we should piss it in.

Currently Melbourne and the Sharks are the only teams Brisbane has to fear, Manly and the Cowboys deserve our respect, the rest of the comp are nothing to us. Enjoy it, the coach clearly knows what he's doing and even if we lose a couple from here it's still shaping as a year the Broncos will go deep into the finals.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah, not too sure about getting rid of Wallace to make way for Hunt yet. I like the current rotation at the moment and the more Wal and Norman play the more they will click. Norman's potential is really rising and every win is just giving him more and more confidence -So proud!

Bretto

Bench
I was just throwing some random thoughts out there to discuss. For the record, I think Wallace has been great this year, and in the absence of Lockyer, has really stood up.

What I'm saying is, Ben Hunt seems a real talent at Half Back and almost wasted as an interchange hooker. I'd really hate to see him lost to another club because we can't find a spot for him when he's shown such great form.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I've been thinking about this lately, and I have to agree completely. As soon as Ben Hunt came on the other night at Half Back, he made a break and set up a (no) try. Couple weeks ago he was dynamic with Norman in the halves, and you're right, our attack looks genuinely threatening when they are the halves pairing.

I never used to rate Ben Hunt very much. But, after seeing that game a couple weeks ago, and then his 10 minute cameo the other night againt the Titans, he's changed my mind.

In saying that, where does that leave Wallace? He's a good player in pretty good form ATM. He steers the team around pretty well, but ultimately lacks that attacking flair of Ben Hunt. Do you move him to hooker? Andrew McCullough has been one of our best players this season, and is always improving. He's developing a handy kicking game too.

Do you then let Wallace go? I believe the Broncos have just signed him till the end of 2013 or 2014? Seems silly, but I'm sure it's been playing on Anthony Griffin's mind a lot.

I guess in the end, you keep Hunt for those short bursts at times at either Hooker or Half Back, and god forbid if Wallace or McCullough get injured, but I guess he's the ace up the sleeve so to speak for if that unfortunate situation were to eventuate.

Thoughts?

Tricky situation, as you've described.

Hunt was/is just like Corey Norman. Now Norman is playing full time NRL his confidence levels with himself and playing his game to it's full potential are rapidly rising.

Ben Hunt would be fairly similar

I wouldn't have resigned Wallace for that long. Regardless of how he's going right now, IMO it's been an error of judgement of behalf of the Broncos management.

Latest posts