What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Souths (possible spoilers)

Dave Q

Coach
I went to the game.

Plenty of nice off-side play from the Raiders as allowed by the dopey ref.

But the Raiders showed good fitness and very powerful defence.

Took advantage of the narrow gaps with skill, made yardage at times, spritely in attack.

So well played.

You are having a great year.

Your coach is awesome and your players are really standing up.

Macko8

Juniors
To this hour i still dont know how we managed to win this match.

Goodwin and Milne were two of our best imo, not just because there come in for best and howell but because milne showed great security of the ball on his kick returns and i think Goodwin looks the goods under the high ball but would of liked to see bronxy's speed.

I am pritty sure Costigan has done enough to be named in the qld squad, if his not than qld selectors have got rocks in there head, make that bricks.

Campese at 5/8 didnt reallly spark our attack.
I would of liked to see dobson named there and possibly campese at centre of named off the bench.
That will probably be one of our gutsiest wins of the season and we will only get stronger from this point on.

Oh and does anyone know what the diagnosis is with miller????

Chachi

Bench
Call me weird, but I actually enjoyed that win.

Frustrated the crap out of me but the boys showed a lot of stuff out there that has been missing so far this season.

Before the season kicked off I always knew we'd be spectacularly crap at times and inconsistent - all I wanted to see was for us to guts out a win when things weren't going our way. To do it away from home is just a bonus.

It also showed me that Souths are still quite a sh!t team when they put their mind to it (no offence to Souths supporters). Make no mistake, they're still in the running for the spoon with a couple of other teams IMO.

Macko8

Juniors
I tend to agree.

Yeah true souths got off to a flyer, but if we were playing any other team tonight i reakon we would of been down but 20 at the break,it sounds bad for us but i think our DEFENCE was actually quite strong tonight and that didnt allow souths to exploit there outside men and there attacking weapons they usually use.

sydraider

First Grade
Souths put too much weight into lobbing up bombs to what they thought were two new wingers who would crack. Good games from Bronx and Milne.

How the f**k did we win that?

I'll take it though, its 2 points ffs!

Should be....

7. Dobbo
6.Carney

3. Campese (until graham returns)

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Defence was good but got too do that week end week out.
i thought we were never going to win that game but the late ball control gave us the chance and we pounced on it.
keep Goodwin and Milne as they did a good job in defense.

SamBackosHead

Juniors
Look, I can't watch the games, being in SE ASIA, but can someone please confirm that we won the game off an Alan Tongue Bomb(?????) and also, was Dobson dropped for this game (why?, he always figures in you guys 3,2,1's). What the hell is going on? After reading posts, match reviews on this forum etc, I find it hard to believe we are on 4 wins for this year - A confused raiders supporter.

The Horse

Juniors
went to the game the positives to take out it were:

1.Tilse and logan were very good tonight bent the line with most runs
2. Wingers were awesome dealt with everything
3. weyman getting back to his best
4. carney was solid after returning from injury, still a five eight though

legend

Coach
SamBackosHead said:
Look, I can't watch the games, being in SE ASIA, but can someone please confirm that we won the game off an Alan Tongue Bomb(?????) and also, was Dobson dropped for this game (why?, he always figures in you guys 3,2,1's). What the hell is going on? After reading posts, match reviews on this forum etc, I find it hard to believe we are on 4 wins for this year - A confused raiders supporter.

Yes, we did win off an Alan Tongue bomb that Bronx Goodwin knocked back for Purtell to score in the corner.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
What a low game. The Raiders were dreadful so what does that say for the Bunnies. A few positives include the performances of Goodwin and Milne and the return of Weyman, who I thought had one of his better games not only with hit ups but also defence. There appeared to be little, if any direction, with players getting in each others way or not standing deep enough in attack. Stupid mistakes and overall a low kicking game. Like most I would prefer Dobson back at 7 and Carney at 6, but I see PL got thrashed by the Jets, so I don't if Dobson had a shocker. Campese will offer us more value off the bench.

A couple of other points, Zillman looks to have trouble getting himself involved, I see him backing up all the time but the ball never gets to him. Depending on Dobson's form I still wouldn't mind seeing Bronx move to fullback and Zillman to halfback. I still have serious doubts over TLL's fitness. Until I see him take the field without his knee heavily strapped, those doubts will remain. Again, I saw nothing last night to convince me that Thommo should be in the side ahead of Tilse. On current form I would have Thurling ahead of Thompson.

Hopefully the Bye next week will be of great benefit.

Evergreen

Juniors
Unlikely that it will go unnoticed, but shouldn't attract any more than a grade 1 dangerous throw and with Tonguey's good record, he'll be fine :D

Macko8

Juniors
I think the problem why people think thompson is ordinary is because his only played about 4 games in NRL i think.

This allowed Logan,Miller, Costigan to play more time and get there chance.

Dont knock thommo yet, it usually takes him until at least the middle of the season to put in good performances week in week.
His still showing the same sort of running style but just needs to tighten up in defence and start putting a few hits on, we all know he can do it.

Latest posts