What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sea Eagles

Given that all hope is lost for this season the only way the coaches should look at this year now is a rebuilding year. Dont try and eek out as many wins as possible to finish higher on the ladder. At the end of the day who cares if you finish 15th or 10th.
Just focus all decisions on getting the best out of the 2021 team. Blood the young blokes. Give Rava the season to see if he can improve.
2020 is now a rebuild.
Its an opportunity.
I just compare the Parra and Storm Fijians vs Rava...our guy needs a lot of skills training whereas a newbie like Sivo bursts onto the scene and kicks butt almost immediately.
Either there is something wrong in our selection process OR we don't know how to bring these raw talents through to FG standard.

I’m backing the mighty Red V to do a number on those merkins from the Northern Beaches.

They are bashed, bruised and with dumb arse being suspended for abusing the ref, their go forward is going to take a hit.

Go forth Dragons and destroy them
I agree that Manly are ripe for the plucking but if we don't beat them this time 'round, we never will.
Nothing surprises me any more and Des will have his charges fired up with their backs to the wall and a game plan to unlock McGregor's pedestrian tactics.
Intriguing game for lots of reasons.

hazzbeen

Bench
I agree that Manly are ripe for the plucking but if we don't beat them this time 'round, we never will.
Nothing surprises me any more and Des will have his charges fired up with their backs to the wall and a game plan to unlock McGregor's pedestrian tactics.
Intriguing game for lots of reasons.
I hate doing this , but go Manly ..... He has to go .....

blacksafake

First Grade
I just compare the Parra and Storm Fijians vs Rava...our guy needs a lot of skills training whereas a newbie like Sivo bursts onto the scene and kicks butt almost immediately.
Either there is something wrong in our selection process OR we don't know how to bring these raw talents through to FG standard.
We’re a poorly skilled side, Full Stop.

George Dragon

Juniors
Apparently we will have Host, Pereira and Tariq Sims back. I think that Host will replace Lawrie(suspended), Pereira will replace Saab and Tariq Sims will replace Korbin Sims. I would also play Sailor in place of Norman.
Team
Dufty
Pereira
Aitken
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sailor
Clune
Fuimaono
Tariq Sims
Frizell
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Bench
Ford
Host
Korbin Sims
Hunt
Lawrie suspended...... what did I miss.

BLM01

First Grade
Me too sadly.
Amazing how the media have gone quiet on him.
2 wins V poor teams and everything is good.
Yeh but GD...the media says how competitive we were for parts of the game against Riaiders and Roosters..so we must be improving under McCantCoach..he said so himself that we are in small increments?.
Dont look deeper..the scoreline says so it wes close...no matter how we got there and what happened to the other team...it sh..s me

BLM01

First Grade
I agree. He is safe for this season, they had the muppet on a platter and even he agreed, just needed to pull the trigger but nope couldn’t do it. If the players are fair dinkum they could win the next 3 games vs Manly, Cronulla and the dogs. That would make it 5-6 instead of 2-9..
No those sides will improve. We reached our peak..last 3-4 rounds. It's back to a 1/2 half of good football..1/2 half of crap.

George Dragon

Juniors
Yeh but GD...the media says how competitive we were for parts of the game against Riaiders and Roosters..so we must be improving under McCantCoach..he said so himself that we are in small increments?.
Dont look deeper..the scoreline says so it wes close...no matter how we got there and what happened to the other team...it sh..s me
Still learning and improving... cant wait for 2025 when we beat a top 8 side.

BLM01

First Grade
Easy to see why though..

The broncos are travelling much worse than we are, and the Sydney media love sticking it to the Queenslanders..
Easy to see why though..
I acknowledge that the Broncos are perceived to be going worse.and F & A. proves it.....but how it is much worse?
We are both on 4 points...they have had a stack of unavailable players..and played 5 pretty good sides thus far..we played 3.
But you are right about the media..but the QLD media is much worse.

since77

Juniors
. We reached our peak..last 3-4 rounds. It's back to a 1/2 half of good football..1/2 half of crap.

Sadly most smart Dragons fans predicted things would pan out like this before the season even started. Unfortunately we’ve seen this all before - for like the last 7 years. Yet apparently sacking the coach who is responsible for this series of lowest ebbs in St. George / SGI history isn’t the answer. It’s unbelievable.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I don't care if we win this game and the next 4 Mary must be sacked.
Even if all the teams get stuck by injuries and we make the 8 Mary must be sacked.
Mary has 6 more game before he becomes our longest serving coach.
I don't want that to happen but I wonder if there is a deal in place for him.
He already is isn’t he? At least of STGILL

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We are both on 4 points...they have had a stack of unavailable players..and played 5 pretty good sides thus far..we played 3.
But you are right about the media..but the QLD media is much worse.
What comp have you been watching?

5 of our 8 matches this year have been against teams that are in the 8.

For the donkeys it’s only 3.

They’ve had a much easier draw.

Plus they lost to the titans.

Not even Mary does that.

And siebold has 3.5 years to go on his contract, so the payout would be huge.

They’re in a much worse position than we are.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Sp I will take a crack at what they will role out for tomorrows team list
(Not my list).

1: Dufty
2. Rava
3. Aitken
4: Lomax
5: JP
6: Norman
7: Hunt
8: Kerr
9: McInnes
10: Vaughan
11: Friz
12: Tariq
13: Merrin

14: Brittain
15: Fui
16: Lawrie
17: Korbin

Personally, I'd give Saab another week and Clune as well. I'd also give young Blacker a run (in place of Korbin), I think this is a good intro game for him now that AFB won't play.

McGregor and the club spin doctors are masters at rationalizing almost any situation.
They have been doing it for 7 years.
Close loss - "we're improving", thrashing - "we had injury problems and DeBelin's absence", we win - "we ahve turned the corner"

Latest posts