What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sea Eagles

Old Timer

Coach
Well it's all on the line now with Hunt about to embark on his next journey that of a week in week out club hooker.

Should he / will he play 80 minutes in this position?

What does he have to do to get a pass mark for himself in this role?

Obviously many have been wanting this to happen so if he is average do we keep persisting with it and if so for how long?

redv13

Bench
Well it's all on the line now with Hunt about to embark on his next journey that of a week in week out club hooker.

Obviously many have been wanting this to happen so if he is average do we keep persisting with it and if so for how long?
I’m happy to see him start at 9 and McInnes at 13. We look more threatening when they play there and both are 80 min players. Add Frizz 80 mins, Sims would usually be 80 mins but may need a spell this week. Just wish the brains trust would play Vaughan longer than his usual 45-50 mins. He’s more than fit enough to be punching out 60+ mins

Dragonslayer

First Grade

If I were Hasler, i'd be aiming all.the early attack at Hunt. Paseka, Taupau and Keppie are very large humans.

BLM01

First Grade
I’m happy to see him start at 9 and McInnes at 13. We look more threatening when they play there and both are 80 min players. Add Frizz 80 mins, Sims would usually be 80 mins but may need a spell this week. Just wish the brains trust would play Vaughan longer than his usual 45-50 mins. He’s more than fit enough to be punching out 60+ mins
All our forwards and backs rucking it out.... need to be looking for offloads, runnng in pairs at least and some 2nd phase with people running onto the ball, not pass to someone flat footed.
All of that seems to be non-existant at our club and has been for an eternity

watatank

Coach
Pretty sure Hunt has only played as an 80 minute hooker in Origin

He shouldn't be at 9 for the whole game, its too much defensive work and McInnes can only cover for him so much. If he's going to continue in this role then he should play 50-55 minutes.

Even at the Broncos he was always named at 9 but played from the bench. That's what we should be doing here

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

He shouldn't be at 9 for the whole game, its too much defensive work and McInnes can only cover for him so much. If he's going to continue in this role then he should play 50-55 minutes.

Even at the Broncos he was always named at 9 but played from the bench. That's what we should be doing here
Who knows, it could be another McGregor mind game he’s playing with Des..

Hasler will never think that Mary would switch Hunt to bench on game day..

That Mary.. He’s two steps ahead of us all..

Dragonsamy

Bench
How’d you get tix? I didn’t even think to try. Any left when you got yours?

SBD82,
You can only get them if you're already a member for 2020. But starting with the 14 years and over then the 10 to 14 years or way down to the brand new members. As far as I know no grounds can have any more than a quarter capacity in NSW. So they would do the sponsors and staff ect first and then the rest will go to members . The members who were given tickets have till 11 a.m. tomorrow to say yes or no and get their tickets. After that I guess they will offer two other members how missed out 1st go.
Are you a member because even if you're a member of the general Hill area some of them have also been offered. But they will have to keep social distancing. You want to enquire any further I'll give you a phone number so just let me know if that's the case.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
How’d you get tix? I didn’t even think to try. Any left when you got yours?
Ballot open only to members (they get sent a link to enter) from what I understand they’ve all been allocated..

The longer you’ve been a member, the more entries you get. I reckon that’s pretty fair.. If you’ve put up with Mary for longer, you should be rewarded..

If you get drawn out, you can only get one extra person in with you..

Official comms from the club here:

https://www.dragons.com.au/contentassets/b474099e495146e7a2e1ff18aa35f56e/tcs-3.pdf

possm

Coach

I'd like to see the other midle forwards do more quality defence. Hunts attackiing and passing game is superior to McIness's and so the trade off is that hopefully we would be doing less defence. Hunt's instinct to run from dummy half and his ability to put players through holes is what we need right now.

BLM01

First Grade
Good system.
I wonder how far down the order I am. Member from ‘09 thru ‘17. Refused to join since then.
Dont worry Avo...your probably still classified as a member in the official count as are the give away memberships at schools

avocado

Juniors
Dont worry Avo...your probably still classified as a member in the official count as are the give away memberships at schools
I still remember the young dude ringing me to ask me to rejoin. I said no chance of that until McGregor is gone. Could almost hear him shrug his shoulders.
He thanked me politely and that was that.

Latest posts