What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sharks

hindy111

Post Whore
So Ivan is concerned about the depth in pack if he lost Two forwards to Origin? I call bullshit.
Either Sorenson has been playing well or most likely there are elements to Spencer's game the coach wants him to work on and isn't happy with. The one percenters. And figures best to do now for a few games prior to origin when he will be playing longer minutes.
I'd say 25 mins in NRL is better fitness then 50 in NSW cup due to the huge step up in pace.
Think of a 10 min jog vs a 5min sprint....

snickers007

Juniors
We should do the same with May for the next few weeks

I don't think anyone knows what May's best position is anymore, so where do you play him in NSW Cup?
Who fills his position in the NRL Team? Who gets dropped from NSW Cup?

Momirovski is available next week, so he could slip back into the right Centre, Critta back left, and Burton to the bench in place of May.
In NSW Cup, we've got Salmon, Falls in 6 & 7, Kenny at 9, Hopgood at 13, Naden & Tago at 3 & 4 all in our Top 30 squad. Brendan Hands is our 14, and he's on a development deal.

We'd need to drop some of our Flegg aged players back to squeeze him in, and I don't think it's of any great benefit to do that at the moment.

One thing is for sure, some big decisions are gonna have to made in the next few weeks if we keep winning, and we stay injury free, cause we're absolutely bursting with NRL capable players.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't think anyone knows what May's best position is anymore, so where do you play him in NSW Cup?

Momirovski is available next week, so he could slip back into the right Centre, Critta back left, and Burton to the bench in place of May.
In NSW Cup, we've got Salmon, Falls in 6 & 7, Kenny at 9, Hopgood at 13, Naden & Tago at 3 & 4 all in our Top 30 squad. Brendan Hands is our 14, and he's on a development deal.

We'd need to drop some of our Flegg aged players back to squeeze him in, and I don't think it's of any great benefit to do that at the moment.

One thing is for sure, some big decisions are gonna have to made in the next few weeks if we keep winning, and we stay injury free, cause we're absolutely bursting with NRL capable players.

The thing is where is May going to play during SOO? I don't know if he will ever start. He will likely share a role with someone.

He has also got plenty of game time due to injury. Leinu hasn't because of the running 3 props on the bench

franklin2323

Immortal
Can't fault this logic from Ivan and co. I said earlier in the week that I think Leniu was lacking in conditioning.

We're gonna be losing 60 or 70 mins worth of Yeo during Origin. Leniu is only playing 20 - 25 mins a game at the moment.

Assuming Sorenson comes in for Yeo, and Leniu regains his spot, they need to find 80 - 95 mins between them (all things staying equal for the rest of the pack).

This let's Sorenson get back up to speed at NRL level and build combinations, and let's Spencer expand his lungs.

And of course as I'm typing this, have just seen that NSW Cup has been postponed due to COVID. Lol. That's highly unfortunate.

NSW Cup has no games next week so just move it to then if Sat doesn't work out

Munky

Coach
I think turning May into a utility forward has failed.

He is noticeably slower and lost mobility and the extra weight hasn't helped with attack or defence in the middle.

I honestly think he should slim back down and go play five eighth elsewhere once his contract is up.

snickers007

Juniors
The thing is where is May going to play during SOO? I don't know if he will ever start. He will likely share a role with someone.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went went Burton and Salmon if both Cleary and Luai get picked, leave May as the cover.
I reckon we'd need Capewell, Yeo and Martin all to be picked before May got a run on spot.

He has also got plenty of game time due to injury. Leinu hasn't because of the running 3 props on the bench

Agreed. And it's exactly why I wouldn't be putting him back to Cup. No need.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't be surprised if they went went Burton and Salmon if both Cleary and Luai get picked, leave May as the cover.
I reckon we'd need Capewell, Yeo and Martin all to be picked before May got a run on spot.

Agreed. And it's exactly why I wouldn't be putting him back to Cup. No need.

Salmon has been playing on the right but even Falls is able to play.

Even then Kenny probably starts for defence especially.

Just give Fish and Capewell less minutes even 5 mins less each. They are carrying injuries anyway and that gives Leinu 30 mins instead of 20. Do that over the next few games and you get him match fit without dropping him

kinghippo

Juniors

Yeah May is a mystery really. I guess unless luai gets picked it's not a major issue.
Obviously Burton has leaped frogged him as a 5/8

Munky

Coach
Good performance by the boys so far but the sharks are putrid.

You can only play what's in front of you.

Latest posts