What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

Kilkenny

Coach
Ivan's selections played a bigger role than the officiating
How can you seriously questions the decisions of a coach who has taken our team to four consecutive GF appearances and three wins.

We didn’t lose the Sea Eagles game because of Ivans selections we lost because they wanted it more on the day but at the same time they were helped a horrendous call and an 11-3 penalty count. It is incredibly difficult in the modern game to overcome the momentum that such an adverse penalty count provides, and let’s face it the non knock on call was farcical. That try is called a knock on 999 out of a 1,000.

Did we deserve to win probably not, but we could have.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Tago is a bit of a conundrum he leads the NRL in number of Penalties(11) and is in the Top 10 for making Errors. However, he is tied for the most Linebreaks. Maybe the emergence of Alimonte will provide the impetus to regain form. He is after all a talented first grade footballer.

CCJohnC

Juniors
With all the wet weather around I beleieve it would be too easy to aggrevate a hamstring injury
on a very wet and soggy ground. Hence another weeks rest.

maple_69

Bench
I know Tago’s defensive issues lined up with returning from the pec injury but he also happened to switch to the right late last year. Things looked ok at first but it’s a tough position to defend decision wise and getting your body in the right position, maybe that’s part of it.

I like Cole on the bench. He needs NRL game time and probably offers a bit more ability to get on the field and plug into the backs, halves or even backrow without an injury. Certainly can’t hurt.

Iamback

Coach
How can you seriously questions the decisions of a coach who has taken our team to four consecutive GF appearances and three wins.

We didn’t lose the Sea Eagles game because of Ivans selections we lost because they wanted it more on the day but at the same time they were helped a horrendous call and an 11-3 penalty count. It is incredibly difficult in the modern game to overcome the momentum that such an adverse penalty count provides, and let’s face it the non knock on call was farcical. That try is called a knock on 999 out of a 1,000.

Did we deserve to win probably not, but we could have.

The reason they wanted it more was because they were fit. If you look at that game they attacked a hampered Martin.

Perfect example DCE scores to make it 20-12. There is 25mins still plenty of time.

We kick off Paseka runs straight at Martin who makes an awful attempt and they are attacking our line again.

Tago makes an error trying to clean up a kick ( They aren't in position for a grubber without the Martin miss ) and Waddell scores. 26-12 and game over.

While picking a fit Martin is a no brainer. Injured if you go someone else you can atleast do the little things right.

Which as we have shown we do those right and we win most games

Frankus

Juniors
21 year old Davvy Moale from Souths is starting at prop for them tonight. Very keen to see how he fairs against us. We have made alot of elite props look plod.

Sime_11

Juniors
good that Laurie isnt named - but i hope we give Cole some decent minutes if we can - just make use of the 4 man bench - going to need it tonight.

ideally if we could race to a big lead early on - that would break Souths - i fear the more Souths are in this game, they'll go to win it

if we lose tonight - its not unforgivable, but its on the verge

Iamback

Coach
good that Laurie isnt named - but i hope we give Cole some decent minutes if we can - just make use of the 4 man bench - going to need it tonight.

ideally if we could race to a big lead early on - that would break Souths - i fear the more Souths are in this game, they'll go to win it

if we lose tonight - its not unforgivable, but its on the verge

We probably need the loss to fix some of the cracks that winning has papered over

murraymob

Coach
Chee cam in the centers is an interesting one more of a forward than a back last few years .May and tago both need to shift him around test his mobility .Wrighton is there key world class Our kicking game will be less with out Cleary .Luia and Schneider need to take controll

soc123_au

Staff member
You're going to upset people mate. We are perennial underdogs, up against brilliant opportunities all times. The little battlers from out West
Ha ha, I get that there is upsets from time to time, but I dont understand the underdog thing. Nothing has changed since 2020, it's ours to lose. This year will be a bit harder, but if we want it bad enough you can put it in the cabinet now.

age.s

First Grade
Ha ha, I get that there is upsets from time to time, but I dont understand the underdog thing. Nothing has changed since 2020, it's ours to lose. This year will be a bit harder, but if we want it bad enough you can put it in the cabinet now.
I feel like comments like these often underestimate the random factor. All things being equal I agree, but this year in particular we're more vulnerable to things like injuries/suspensions/loss of form.

Latest posts