What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round Four Vs. Parramatta

*Sandy*

First Grade
Don't know Cool Eel. Talk to me at Round 3. ;-)

In my opinion you have bought some and brought back some good players. I've always rated PJ. Hope he gets No.7 - I like him as a halfback. Riddell is a good buy too. Arragant but in a good way. When he's focused, he can be instrumental in turning a game. I imagine there must be some good feeling back in the blue and gold territory.

Good luck to your team but not too much of it when playing the panthers. :D

Big Mick

Referee
Snowy wont be playing First Grade.

I believe it'll be close, especially if u bring up Marcus Perenara and PJ Marsh into your halves.

I think it'll be close for 70 minutes, and then Gower will do something that is a bit beyond your halves, and we'll scrape home.

But never know. YOur forwards are looking a lot better.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Big Mick said:

I believe it'll be close, especially if u bring up Marcus Perenara and PJ Marsh into your halves.

I think it'll be close for 70 minutes, and then Gower will do something that is a bit beyond your halves, and we'll scrape home.

But never know. YOur forwards are looking a lot better.

don't play this little game on us BM!! ;-)

your pack is a premiership winning one except for Lang ofcourse!!..it'll be an absolute beauty by two traditional rivals with a great deal of respect for one another.

hope to see you all for a quite one after the game. Loser shouts ofcourse ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
sorry mate #-o

didn't read that properly, I thought you were saying that our pack is better than yours, if we ever get to that stage I'll be doing cart wheels!! :D

choc_soldier

Coach
eelavation said:
Loser shouts of course ;-)

Dig deep then... :p

I love the western derby. Personally the most anticipated game(s) of the year.

After a few years of nightmares, it's great that the shoe is now on the other foot! But they're always special these games.

With the new recruits that the Eels are acquring for next year, it looks like there will be two very entertaining and close games played out west.

I think it'll be a lot like the game at Parra Stadium back in August - the Eels will be very competitive and be capable of winning the match - but we'll pull away in the second half, and squeeze out a win.

Well, that's the dream! 8)

lainey

Juniors
Big Mick said:

Did I say he would be playing first grade? :? I don't think I did. He doesn't care which grade he plays in when we play Parra.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra_panther said:
eelavation said:
Loser shouts of course ;-)

Dig deep then... :p

I love the western derby. Personally the most anticipated game(s) of the year.

After a few years of nightmares, it's great that the shoe is now on the other foot! But they're always special these games.

With the new recruits that the Eels are acquring for next year, it looks like there will be two very entertaining and close games played out west.

I think it'll be a lot like the game at Parra Stadium back in August - the Eels will be very competitive and be capable of winning the match - but we'll pull away in the second half, and squeeze out a win.

Well, that's the dream! 8)

write your script then dare to dream!! ;-)

Big Mick

Referee
lainey said:
Big Mick said:

Did I say he would be playing first grade? :? I don't think I did. He doesn't care which grade he plays in when we play Parra.

Oh sorry.

I thought you meant he can't wait to play penrith as in First Grade.

OK, sorry, I thought u meant First Grade.

To be honest, I'm cut snowy left, never really hit his straps and was never really given a chance, but who knows.

Hope he goes alright

Big Mick

Referee
eelavation said:
sorry mate #-o

didn't read that properly, I thought you were saying that our pack is better than yours, if we ever get to that stage I'll be doing cart wheels!! :D

To be honest.

I think a pack of

8. Cannings
9. Riddell
10. Cayless
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Wagon

Is very competitive with our pack, and maybe on par or just below it. And particularly with Paul Stringer, Justin Tsoulus, Jack Afamasanga etc on the bench, I think you guys definately have the size.

We will miss Langy there is no doubt, his go-forward will never be replaced, but I think Rossy will accomodate it himself, problem is though, we don't have a great prop with great go-forward like Ross coming off the bench, and that is where we will lose out. Thats why I prefer Jason Wrigley to Garrat Crossman, Wrigley hits the ball up hard, whereas Crossman isn't really quick, and lumbers up, he is a workhorse, not doubt, but we need props that go forward.

I think and said it in the previous post, that the halves will tell the tale. I think both teams have talented backlines, with you guys having Tahu, Grothe, Peterson etc, and we have Wesser, Rooney and Lewis. We both will have wildcards as our other centres and wing in Franze and Howland/Clayton and you guys with Peterson, Burt, Ben Smith and that other dude you guys just bought.

I think Parra will be in front early, as they always start well against us. Be in front by about 6 at halftime, then we'll claw back to tie with about 15 to go, and we'll score a couple of tries to seal the match with a bit of gower or presto brilliance.

I think it'll be close and i'm certainly glad we have to play parra early in the season before they have a chance to properly gel as a team, because I believe that you guys will be a force next season and the new players and existing players have something to prove. I think the halves will be your bogey though. i think Tim Smith and Marcus Perenara should be considered to partner John Morris at 5/8 or P J At half.

Personally i'd like to see PJ come on at hooker as a replacement to Riddell, and Riddell move to lock, with John Morris and Tim Smith or Marcus orchestrating. I think that would be more effective. I think Michael Witt would have really flourished with this team at half, but tonoavail he is gone.

lainey

Juniors
Big Mick said:
lainey said:
Big Mick said:

Oh sorry.

I thought you meant he can't wait to play penrith as in First Grade.

OK, sorry, I thought u meant First Grade.

To be honest, I'm cut snowy left, never really hit his straps and was never really given a chance, but who knows.

Hope he goes alright

You aren't the only one that's cut, he's not happy about it either. He really wanted to stay at Penrith but the powers that be had other ideas. When he played in his favoured 5/8 or half position he was on fire but when they moved him to center he wasn't happy at all. He's only at Parra for a year and then he's going to the darker :( side for 2006.

Big Mick

Referee
what, you mean he is heading to the Roosters.

What they said go to Parra for a year then we'll sign you? thats a bit dodgy?

Maybe that means that Finch is leaving the roosters, Firman to half, soward to five-eight and russell to five-eight in PL for them?

Who knows.

I'm not happy about the decision, but I can understand it, with a talent such as Peter Wallace waiting in the wings. But thats football I guess, can't please everyone.

I wish Snowy all the best.

Big Mick

Referee
would he ever come back to Penrith if offered a contract, or is he that pissed that he wouldn't come back?

Kiwipanther

Juniors
Snowy really needed to step it up a notch last season, he isnt really blessed with natural ability just a massive heart. Some times those types of players triumph in the long run.. I hope he does.

Btw I rate Parra this year, will be top 8 if not top 5.

lainey

Juniors
Big Mick said:
what, you mean he is heading to the Roosters.

What they said go to Parra for a year then we'll sign you? thats a bit dodgy?

Maybe that means that Finch is leaving the roosters, Firman to half, soward to five-eight and russell to five-eight in PL for them?

Who knows.

I'm not happy about the decision, but I can understand it, with a talent such as Peter Wallace waiting in the wings. But thats football I guess, can't please everyone.

I wish Snowy all the best.

No, what happened was his manager was in talks with both clubs and Parra got his signature first so the Roosters said they would take him on for 2006.

Munky

Coach
Russel will be worth atleast 3 tries to us if he plays, he hits like a wet letuce leaf...

If he defends on the right hand side like he did for us, Puletua/Pritchard will each have hattricks.

No offence guys, you really seem to rate him, but his tackling is some of the worst I've seen.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
These clashes are always built up to be good but lately haven't been that good. Back in 2000 they were awesome.

*Sandy*

First Grade
From what I have seen of Snowy this past season his form was way down. Even in his fav posi.

The year before and especially towards the front end of the season, he was on fire and there was nothing wrong with his defence at all back then. He needed to step up to that level again. Since they lost half the squad to either 1st Grade or other clubs, notably Reynolds, Elford, Turner and Hicksy, he seemed to have lost his spark.

I wonder if his manager is still Bernard Bertossa from the WW or whatever his name is. :mrgreen:

Latest posts