What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round three :: BULLDOGS v Titans - Telstra, Sunday 2pm

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
------
TEAMS >

Bulldogs
1. Luke Patten, 2. Hazem El Masri, 3. Daryl Millard, 4. Willie Tonga, 5. Trent Cutler, 6. Daniel Holdsworth, 7. Ben Roberts, 8. Mark O'Meley, 9. Corey Hughes, 10. Willie Mason, 11. Nick Kouparitsas, 12. Andrew Ryan (c), 13. Reni Maitua
Interchange - 14. Dallas McIlwain, 15. Chris Armit, 16. Kane Cleal, 17. Jarrad Hickey

Titans
1. Preston Campbell, 2. Lelea Paea, 3. Mat Rogers, 4. Jake Webster, 5. Matthew Petersen, 6. Matthew Hilder, 7. Scott Prince, 8. Luke Bailey, 9. Clint Amos, 10. Kris Kahler, 11. Anthony Laffranchi, 12. Gavin Cooper, 13. Luke Swain
Interchange - 14. Josh Graham, 15. Michael Henderson, 16. Mark Minichiello, 17. Nathan Friend, 20. Brad Meyers (one to be omitted)

Referee Gavin Badger

-------

To say I'm dirty is an understatement. Sure, they need to get Sherwin & Utai's fitness and form up, but this first grade team is dying in the ass without Shifty's direction and Utai's linebreaking ability.

For the record, Shifty and Utai are both named in the Premier League squad to face Auckland prior to the main game.

Folkes, wake up to yourself.

i dont like the fact that utai and sherwin have to earn their spot, when hughes gets straight into FG after returning from injury, i
dont have anything against hughes, but i do think its unfair that exceptions are made for others, when some have to earn their spot, and some don't.

i think we need shifty and utai this week, i think emelio should also be in the side, not very confident about this week, im not the coach, but i do think a better line-up could have been named, i respect folkes's choice, but i dont expect him to do something about it if we are not successful this week against the titans, i think after our poor peformance against penrith something should have been done.

Mase

Juniors
Whats up with Folkes?? Why does he keep persisting with the bench we have at the moment. It has no impact whatsoever. Mcillwian & Cleal both dont deserve to be there, not with the form that they have showed.
Hughes is coming back from injury this week, so wouldnt you have perry on the bench with the knowledge that hughes wont last more than 40-45 minutes???

Timmah

Staff member
McIlwain's throwing everything at it - he'll come good soon, just a couple of spots of bad luck for the lad. Cleal's offered nothing, particularly against Pemriff, he needs to go.

the impact on the bench does concern me, but i just hope roberts peforms well, and that he has been working a bit on his kicking game at training this week, he knows that if he dosent peform well he is out, so im expecting a good peformance from him.

C.P

Juniors
Bit disappointed in Folkesy but i guess he's trying to show the team that he considers last week a one off and to show them he has faith in this lineup to produce the goods. This will be pretty much Roberts last shot at holding onto the 7 though you would think.
Interesting move starting with Koup and bringing Hickey on fresh off the bench to sub Shrek and Willie, i've got a feeling it may work well. We've really been missing that punch off the bench that Myles and Roy used to give us in the past

Timmah

Staff member
RE: Koup - It was how it was done last week - it didn't work

DeeGan

Bench
Best of luck Cantebury fans.

I will be heading to the game and I am a little dirty on missing out on seeing SBW live in action again though it is shaping up to be a great game. Unfortunately we meet your boys when attemping to come back from two consecutive losses - facing a Doggies team 'with a point to prove' is daunting to say the least.

taffy

Juniors
Timmah said:
RE: Koup - It was how it was done last week - it didn't work

Hickey started in the front row with mason in second row and kouparitsas on the bench last week... take it you weren't watching???

Timmah

Staff member
Couldn't see much past the kiddies gathered in the walkway, and the speed at which the ground announcer ran through our lineup... all I remember is that Koup was initially named in the #11.

DeeGan said:
Best of luck Cantebury fans.

I will be heading to the game and I am a little dirty on missing out on seeing SBW live in action again though it is shaping up to be a great game. Unfortunately we meet your boys when attemping to come back from two consecutive losses - facing a Doggies team 'with a point to prove' is daunting to say the least.

good luck to you guys also on sunday!
should be a good game, cant wait!

obviouslyrat

Juniors
Yeah i totally agree with that...

I dont know why its necessary to put shifty in PL, its not like he has no experience or anything...

Well, its only been 2 rounds, so i dont think theres not much to worry about, theres still plenty of time for the players to shine. But hopefully its soon.

Emelio is good, but i think we could stick with millard and tonga. GET RID of CUTLER though in my opinion, his GARBAGE.

obviouslyrat

Juniors
I also wouldnt mind seeing roberts playing off the bench and coming on as hooker. Perry can have his days, but i dont see him as a starter.
I would like to have my team as:
1. Patten
2. Hazem
3. Millard
4. Tonga
5. Utai
6. Holdsworth
7. shifty
8. shrek
9. hughes
10. hickey
11. big willie
12. bobcat
13. reni

14. roberts
15. armit
16. koups
17. mcillwain

Timmah

Staff member
I agree with that one, then Next week, drop Koups for SBW?

obviouslyrat

Juniors
NAH i say sbw for koups..although mcillwain did stuff up many many times, and also LOSE the game for us, i think his good enough to play for us. I reckon he'll get better.

Mark my words.

jimmythehand

Juniors
McIlwain has to learn to pass the ball, fair dinkum he always thinks he's going to score a try by himself when he's got it. Opposition teams will just target him and smash him now coz they know he never passes it.

The best 17 for this weekend is:

1. Patten
2. Hazem
3. Emilio
4. Tonga
5. Utai (or Millard if injured)
6. Holdsworth
7. shifty
8. shrek
9. hughes
10. big willie
11. koups
12. bobcat
13. mcilwain

14. roberts
15. armit
16. hickey
17. maitua

I like having more impact coming off the bench because teams think that's where the big weakness is. I'd even consider Willie coming off the bench after 10-15 mins with hickey starting. You don't have to have your best 13 on the field to start the game.

i was really hoping that emelio,sherwin and utai would play this week, but i doubt that they would be a late inclusion, i think in another sense its better, because it puts pressure on roberts,cutler and millard to pull out a good peformance, because if they dont, they know that they are gone next week!
cant wait until sunday, go the doggies!

Timmah

Staff member
We're wearing the Heritage strip this weekend too.

Still haven't seen the 'hawt' new away strip.

Latest posts