What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 22-25 Draw. Round 25 Announced today

Timmah said:
It gets three games a year and one of them - that one, is always Sunday afternoon. You all knew that.

They should all be, I've been to Leichhardt for night games and I have been there for game days, I will tell you, along with anyone who has been to both night and day games there, the atmosphere at the day games is just so much better, at night it is almost lifeless, but during the day it is packed with a huge vocal tigers crowd.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Bumble said:
Translation: I'm whinging because the Warriors didn't get the Chn 9 game.

One would imagine a game between two possible top 4 teams will be better than a game between one team in the eight and another team thats missed out.

yobbo84

Coach
Dr Crane said:
One would imagine a game between two possible top 4 teams will be better than a game between one team in the eight and another team thats missed out.

I wouldn't be getting too excited over the Warriors just yet. The only thing separating Souths and the Warriors is that game at Telstra this year. 4 minutes is the difference between 6th, and 9th!

skeepe

Immortal
Bumble said:
Translation: I'm whinging because the Warriors didn't get the Chn 9 game. :lol::lol:

Oh and Dodge, you are correct that it should always be on a Sunday arvo and that has been the case in all years since the Wests Tigers existed EXCEPT in 2003, when we played them on a Saturday night. and won. From 16-0 down. :cool:

shame it was our 3rd win of the year...and last.

I went to that game. I sat at the end Souths ran to in the first half, and the Tigers ran to in the second half. Needless to say, it was the wrong end to sit at.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
yobbo84 said:
I wouldn't be getting too excited over the Warriors just yet. The only thing separating Souths and the Warriors is that game at Telstra this year. 4 minutes is the difference between 6th, and 9th!

And a video referee :p

TBH i was half laying out bait and half being serious - to be fair i have the Warriors finishing an optimistic 6th

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
When does Round 25 come out? Is there Monday night footy? Because I have a feeling if there is they might put Souths VS Roosters on and as I am confident of souths making the finals....then it wouldn't be fair to back up after a monday for a semi (albiet against Storm on a Sunday most likely). I think any team in contention for the finals probably shouldn't play on the monday.

So to me Sharks VS Cnaberra may have to be the game at this stage...but that could change.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Bumble said:
Translation: I'm whinging because the Warriors didn't get the Chn 9 game. :lol::lol:

Oh and Dodge, you are correct that it should always be on a Sunday arvo and that has been the case in all years since the Wests Tigers existed EXCEPT in 2003, when we played them on a Saturday night. and won. From 16-0 down. :cool:

shame it was our 3rd win of the year...and last.

I think the Manly v Warriors game is a top 4 clash though. I can see both points on this.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I think the Manly v Warriors game is a top 4 clash though. I can see both points on this.

So can I BUT like it or not Channel 9 are Sydney centric...Tigers VS Souths at Leicardt is a tradition of sorts and a rivalry which doesn't take much thought for promotion.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I believe that the ground record at Leichhardt has been broken every year since 2002 (with 2003 the exception) when Souths have played their on a Sunday arvo. If we are still in contention (we will be) I don't know how they will fit everyone in honestly. Last year there were people sitting on the roofs and ledge of the scoreboard.

JW

Coach
WT vs Souths

2006 - 18,440
2005 - 22,877
2004 - 19,402

Not sure what timeslot these were played in, but the 2005 crowd is the current ground record. The other two are right up there as well, but there was a few Balmain games which drew over 20K in the 80s.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
IIRC there were safety concerns after the 2005 match which meant they capped the capacity, no?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Timmah said:
IIRC there were safety concerns after the 2005 match which meant they capped the capacity, no?

I don't believe they did, but I can't be certain. And what does IIRC mean? I've seen it around but can't work it out.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
I don't believe they did, but I can't be certain. And what does IIRC mean? I've seen it around but can't work it out.

Never fear NP is here! :lol: It means If I remember correctly.;-)

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
NP said:
Never fear NP is here! :lol: It means If I remember correctly.;-)

I will fear no more! Thanks mate, I never would of worked that out. FMD there are acronym's for everything.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
TBH I think there are.

That's JMO though :sarcasm:

Round 25 will be released next Tuesday according to yesterdays Tele.

My fearless predicition:

Round 25 - August 31-September 3

Friday
Eels v Broncos - Parramatta Stadium 7:30pm Ch 9
Cowboys v Bulldogs - Dairy Farmers Stadium 7:30pm Ch 9

Saturday
Canberra v Cronulla - Canberra Stadium 5:30pm Fox
Penrith v Warriors - CUA Stadium 7:30pm Fox
Wests Tigers v Newcastle - Telstra Stadium 7:30pm Fox

Sunday
Melbourne v Gold Coast - Olympic Park Stadium 2:00pm Fox
Manly v St George Illawarra - Brookvale Oval 3:00pm Ch 9

Monday
South Sydney v Sydney Roosters - Telstra Stadium 7:00pm Fox

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'll have a stab in the dark:

Friday
Eels v Broncos - Parramatta Stadium 7:30pm Ch 9
Manly v St George Illawarra - Brookvale Oval 7:30pm Ch 9

Saturday
Penrith v Warriors - CUA Stadium 5:30pm Fox
Cowboys v Bulldogs - Dairy Farmers Stadium 7:30pm Fox
Melbourne v Gold Coast - Olympic Park 7:30pm Fox

Sunday
Canberra v Cronulla - Canberra Stadium 2pm Fox
Wests Tigers v Newcastle - Telstra Stadium Ch 9

Monday
South Sydney v Roosters - Telstra Stadium 7:00pm Fox

And yes, perhaps I'm being a little biased :lol: but I do think the Knights game will be Sunday arvo, prob fox tho

Latest posts