What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 22-25 Draw. Round 25 Announced today

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's the one mickdo.

There's been no media release yet and NRL.com have stuffed up like that in the past so I'll keep tabs on it :?

mickdo

Coach
Timmah said:
That's the one mickdo.

There's been no media release yet and NRL.com have stuffed up like that in the past so I'll keep tabs on it :?
Just announced on 2SM, no Monday night footy in rd 25. Storm v Titans is SUNDAY night.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I am glad MNF is off..the novelty of it will wear off. Sunday night footy will evenutally be a better business decision.

wally80

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Poor didums, honestly it is the best choice they could have made imo. Parra can't play friday as they play monday the week before. No other games deserve friday night footy to be honest. And they have to make choices with the finals in mind.

Yep, poor didums to the 1000-odd season ticket holders that we have that come from out of town (some travel over 8 hours to get to games). :roll:

I do agree with you but - they have come up with the best options they possibly could have IMO.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I feel for the season ticket holders, but honestly what can they do? Parra-Bris would be a good Friday game, but becuase Parra play Monday they can't. None of the other games deserve to be on Friday to be honest. Souths/Roosters maybe but I wouldn't, I rather that game on Saturday.

Timmah

Staff member
Given the quality of Manly's last Ch 9 game v Saints and the fact that both clubs could be fighting for the minor premiership and top eight respectively, I think Nein dropped the ball on that one while choosing the Knights (who IMO are no chance) and Tigers.

gong_eagle

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
honestly we have seen Manly enough on Friday nights.
REALLY !!

Brisbane - 15 (12 FNF, 2 SF, 1 SNF)
Bulldogs - 15 (10 FNF, 5 SF)

Manly - 11 (7 FNF, 4 SF)

Timmah said:
Given the quality of Manly's last Ch 9 game v Saints and the fact that both clubs could be fighting for the minor premiership and top eight respectively, I think Nein dropped the ball on that one while choosing the Knights (who IMO are no chance) and Tigers.

Maybe North Qld/Doggies and Eels/Broncos were Ch 9's first two choices and Manly/Saints was one of Fox Sports' first two choices?

THe other explanation is that they think Saints are no chance to make the finals (a reasonable thought) and they'd rather feature games more likely to impact upon the top eight.

lockyno1

Post Whore
gong_eagle said:
REALLY !!

Brisbane - 15 (12 FNF, 2 SF, 1 SNF)
Bulldogs - 15 (10 FNF, 5 SF)

Manly - 11 (7 FNF, 4 SF)

Brisbane are the reigning premiers- they are always going to get more than most and with the 2 games, there really has to be a QLD side most weeks. Dogs have SBW- he attracts viewers alone. Manly has been on 7 times this year on Friday, Tigers deserve one.

Timmah

Staff member
Tigers - 12 (6 FNF, 6 SF)

Been on Nein once more than Manly as a result.

Given positions on the ladder - you = f**king idiot.

mickdo

Coach
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
Maybe North Qld/Doggies and Eels/Broncos were Ch 9's first two choices and Manly/Saints was one of Fox Sports' first two choices?
Apparently 9 choose their two Friday night games first, then Fox gets to pick their MNF

Timmah

Staff member
NRL ditches Monday game for final round

August 7, 2007 - 7:11PM

The NRL has decided to shelve Monday night football for the final round of the competition to offer all clubs an even playing field ahead of the finals.

The final match of the 2007 regular season will now be held at 7pm on Sunday evening with Melbourne to host newcomers the Gold Coast in a game that could decide both the final eight and the minor premiership.

Fox Sports have enjoyed record success with Monday night football this year and while it will continue in the future, the broadcaster accommodated a change in schedule to not adversely impact on the finals.

With several teams still in contention for the finals, picking a Monday night fixture was impossible without negatively affecting one club's NRL finals chances.

"This is a positive outcome all round," said NRL chief executive David Gallop.

"Fox Sports have seen the difficulties in filling the Monday night program and they have agreed to allow the Melbourne v Titans game to move to Sunday evening.

"We've received a lot of support from all our broadcast partners.

"We certainly appreciate the flexibility that has been shown by all parties."

Fox Sports said it had been keen to ensure the best possible finish to the minor premiership race.

"This decision was made in the best interests of everyone involved in the game including the fans and the eight teams that will qualify for the finals series," said Fox Sports chief executive David Malone.

"This move acknowledges the importance of giving all eight teams that qualify for the finals equality in their preparation."

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/nrl-ditches-monday-game-for-final-round/20072407-s0x.html

Latest posts