What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROWDY Chris Lawrence.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Yep Gareth is the benchmark & greatest + favourite player @ WT with Rowdy a close second.

I will never 4get being at Rowdy’s debut game @ Gosford & the express pace he displayed in a sensational debut game.

His debut was in Brisbane in 2006, where he did score a great try. I think that Gosford game was in 2007 where he bagged a double.

The unknown

Juniors
Chris Lawrence actually played for Australia and tore up, at centre AFTER dislocating his hip. Hamstrings were the biggest issue for Rowdy.

Just looked back and looks like you're right

Jesus f**k I know people put shit on us and deservedly so but we've had some serious bad luck in the injury department

O'Dwyer was destined to play 10+ years in origin, as was Lawrence pre hamstring troubles

Add Tuiuaki in there too

Yeah #2 behind Ellis for me as a West Tiger.

The right call, is his call, but I hope it is made with his head and not that big heart of his.

His 1st contact session should decide his fate.

There’s too many grubs who get away with swinging arms playing and Chris must take those games into account.

Good luck Chris

Front-Rower

First Grade
Chris Lawrence actually played for Australia and tore up, at centre AFTER dislocating his hip. Hamstrings were the biggest issue for Rowdy.

Hips, backs and hamstrings all go hand in hand.

EDIT - He played for Australia in 2010-2011..1 game in 2010 and 5 in 2011

Tiger5150

Bench
Hips, backs and hamstrings all go hand in hand.

EDIT - He played for Australia in 2010-2011..1 game in 2010 and 5 in 2011

And it was seriously the best Ive seen him play at rep level. Its a pet peeve of mine that everyone thinks that Rowdy fell in a hole after the hip dislocation. Clearly it didnt help him and was a horrific injury, but he literally played some of his best football afterwards.

Last edited:

magpie_man

Juniors
Just looked back and looks like you're right

Jesus f**k I know people put shit on us and deservedly so but we've had some serious bad luck in the injury department

O'Dwyer was destined to play 10+ years in origin, as was Lawrence pre hamstring troubles

Add Tuiuaki in there too

Geez, what a depressing reminisce.
Throw in Benji's best halves partner since Scott Prince - Robert Lui - turning out to be a lowlife grub too.
2012 we were tipped by most to be premiers...

magpie guy

Juniors
Just on the Rowdy love train here...in complete contrast to A LOT of players at the moment, the guy is a complete clean-skin. I don't think he has served any time for suspension and I can't recall a time where he has even been referred to the judiciary. Add to this he pretty much never gives away a penalty and has never been within cooee of an off-field drama.

He has always run those courage lines and plays the game in a true sportsman-line fashion. Just a fantastic club-man and servant to the game.

The unknown

Juniors
JWH was already slipping over before Dwyer made contact which made it look more spectacular than it was

And yet it's still more spectacular than whatever you will achieve in your life time

Besides who gives a f**k, anyone who puts a shot on the grubby merkin JWH deserves the keys to the city