What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rugby 2005 worst ever

The Devil

Bench
2004 was deadset THE worst rugby game ever released..

In what other game can you kick the ball the length of the field with only one bounce?

Morenito

Juniors
For a game in its time Jonah Lomy was easily the best. I played that game for months without realy getting sick of it. Rugby 2005 i can see myself lasting a few weeks max

Paullyboy

Coach
Mal Meninga said:
It was great for its time, it was awesome just spinning it wide to Jonah!
But as for rugby 2005, way too easy. The defense up the middle is very weak, they lack alot of instinct unless u run straight into them, the classic play with the crash ball off any set peice than draw the fullback and pass is almost guaranteed try.

Did you play this on the hardest difficulty? If so I find it hard to believe.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Just pratice a bit, when I first started playing hard I was getting smashed and even got beaten by Georgia! Nowadays I can beat even the best like England and New Zealand pretty comfortably and have won the Super 12 with the Cats!!(thanks to Willem De Waal)

Like Mal Meninga was saying the easiest (and the cheapest) way to score is when at a scrum feed or if the opposition has commited a lot of players in the ruck call a "classic" play when your fly half gets the ball press x, he should run the ball to the line suck in a defender and offload to your fullback, who should make a clean break then it is all a matter of drawing the opposition fullback (or steping/palming him if your game) then passing to a player backing up who should score under the posts no problem. This play is best executed at the scrum 9/10 times you should score.

Besides that you should have a fly half with at least 85 kicking and the "tactical kicking" skill and some locks who have good lineout around 80-90 and the "jumper" skill.

Odium

Juniors
Don't compare that ungodly rugby league game to men of solid character such as Jack and Adolf sunny.

Corbin

Juniors
My defense on hard is very strong its my attack that i have trouble with BUT i have worked out a little bit of a kind of 'tatic' to get a bigger kick in what u do is with you 5/8 you run a little bit across field and angle the kick back to other way and you get a HUGE kick i kick from my 22 to the other 22 (with bouncing) regularly.

I find 'Classic' a very handy move epecially with the x move in it.

I still think Ea sports really need to dump the crap world league and bring in a good 10 year Francise and follow Madden's and Fifa's suit.

All i can say is next year for RUGBY 2006 i will not pre order but wait for price to go down depending on the features.

I still love the game to death and play it between fifa 2004, RL1, 'Rugby' and Madden 2004.

All hope for a Francise mode next year :)

Corbin

mr_sharks

Juniors
How do we do set plays in Rugby 2005?
I think the game is pretty good by the way but im just not sure on how to do run arounds etc.
Any tips?