What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 2 V PES5

MONY

Juniors
I know there are about 400 threads on Rugby League 2 but i was after some other opinions.

I only want to purchase 1 game and I am trying to decide on Rugby League or PES5.

I love both sports a lot but League probably stands out for me but I hear PES5 has very good gameplay which I am after.

So, which would you buy and why?

Cheers

axie

Juniors
PES5 hands down. The gameplay blows RL2 out of the water. As I sport I prefer league over football, but PES5 is a much better game.

It's not even close.

Paullyboy

Coach
As far as a video game is concerned PES5 is a mile better, heck, PES 3 is probably better by a fair way.

But for someone like me who gets bored after a while with soccer games, RL2 is the better option.

Having said that though, I dont really care for soccer as a sport much at all

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I haven't got PES5, but it's almost a dead cert to be a 10/10 game.

If you are equally keen for a league and soccer game, than get PES5. This should be pretty obvious.

If you are keener on league because of the rarity of a league game, then I'd get RL2. Despite the criticisms I honestly think most unbiased critics have/will/would give it about 8/10. It's a good game.

MONY

Juniors
thanks peeps, i think I will get PES5 then cause EB have a deal where u trade in 4 games (any games) and buy a new realease for $60. then i can wait for Rugby League 2 to come down to like $50 when the 06 season starts.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It won't be a fair 'fight', though.

PES5 is like the millionth installment of the Pro Evolution series, whereas RL2 is the second.

Also, the budgets are vastly different.

Obviously, PES5 would win hands down...But I believe RL2 is a very good game in its own right.

Big Pete

Referee
It's like comparing Tim Smith to Andrew Johns.

Personally it depends how big a Rugby League fan you are. If you're into it then got RL2 it does a good job of emulating the game however it isn't great.

PES5 is one of the best sporting games in history (or so I've heard).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Big Pete said:
It's like comparing Tim Smith to Andrew Johns.

Personally it depends how big a Rugby League fan you are. If you're into it then got RL2 it does a good job of emulating the game however it isn't great.

PES5 is one of the best sporting games in history (or so I've heard).

I know it's off topic....But in 5 to 10 years' time, that could be a very interesting comparison to make...

Big Pete

Referee
I mean from this years performances.

Tim Smith is like Rugby League 2 in that he's a top player but he's not one of the greats just yet. While Andrew Johns is PES5 because he is the best player in the era just like the game.

I have high hopes for Smith being in a QLD POV he could be the difference in us winning back the shield in years to come.

Just my thoughts though, sorry if they offended anyone.

Also if this turns into a Lockyer vs. Johns thread I swear I'll go away from these forums for 2 weeks. :p

Johns is like Fifa, most people think hes the best, but in actual fact is over rated and his gameplay constantly lets us down.

Jono078

Referee
Manurewa_Marlins said:
Johns is like Fifa, most people think hes the best, but in actual fact is over rated and his gameplay constantly lets us down.

Us? US Knights fans are quite happy to have him abord... If he is fit come finals time and we are in the 8...

Knights > Premiership

Back on topic

RL2 is good. I like it alot more because I love league though.

So therefore for me

RL2 > PES5

Either way you shouldnt be dissapointed with either purchase.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Big Pete said:
I mean from this years performances.

Tim Smith is like Rugby League 2 in that he's a top player but he's not one of the greats just yet. While Andrew Johns is PES5 because he is the best player in the era just like the game.

I have high hopes for Smith being in a QLD POV he could be the difference in us winning back the shield in years to come.

Just my thoughts though, sorry if they offended anyone.

Also if this turns into a Lockyer vs. Johns thread I swear I'll go away from these forums for 2 weeks. :p

I know you meant that mate.

I was just taking the opportunity to talk Tim Smith up :lol:.

And it didn't offend me at all - I agree completely.

I truly believe that, if he keeps improving his game, he can bee the best halfback in the game in 5 to 10 years' time.

And as good as he is now, he is WAY behind Joey.

But yeah - RL2 is very fun, but PES5 is fantastic!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Manurewa_Marlins said:

I used to say that...

Then I watched how he TOTALLY DOMINATES Origin matches, widely regarded as the toughest football around.

Johns is all class.

And this from a die-hard Eels fan!

BlindMan

Juniors
my opinion would be, if u have friends get Pro Evo 5, great after a few beers.
else get rugby league 2

Latest posts