What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uniting LU. Ashleigh Klein is the best referee.

Whilst I agree Klein is shocking, NSW could have spent the whole second half with unlimited tackles inside the qld 20 and would have struggled to peg back the 10 point lead. He wouldn’t be in the top 5 reasons why we got battered.

MKCS

Juniors
I don't think it's Ashley Klein but just seems to be the referees in general. I understand in professional sports we are occasionally going to have wrong calls but it seems every week there is a questionable decision and it happens far too frequently that a team loses a game off of a bad call.

The head patting incident is just the most recent in a very very long list of referee mistakes.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The thing I want to try and understand is how rugby union and league are so different in terms of the aptitude of their officials.

Don't hate on me while I explain this, I watch union because I love all sport.

Rugby union's laws are a train wreck. They're so hard to interpret, there's so much grey area, even diehards struggle to keep up with them all...the referees get criticised relentlessly because they can't win...yet they seem to be pretty level-headed, intelligent decision makers.

League's laws are pretty clear cut. Yet for some reason, we seem to get absolutely dunderhead officials, who can't make a decision to save themselves, and come up with this absolutely inconsistent, weak, illogical rubbish week on week. I honestly don't get it. It's still not an easy sport to police with big collisions and at speed, but whereas rugby union has some level of professionalism and brain power to their refs, we might as well have Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Mr Magoo and Helen Keller in the official's ranks each week (and I say that knowing two of those people have passed away, and one is a cartoon drawing). At least they'd have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.

I'd love an explanation as to why this might be.

Chimp

Bench
As I posted in the Sharks forum;

Klein was an absolute disgrace in the 2nd half, an absolute disgrace! He cannot be given game 3.

The bunker, or lack of, was a welcome change - but that QLD try in the corner would 100% have been scratched off for the obstruction on Moses in the NRL. Ridiculous double standard by the NRL and officials.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Isn't Adam Gee the best referee in the game? What's happened to him? The only game I remember very little negative feedback about in terms of officiating was the GF last year.

Latest posts