What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

ghoti

Bench
Is it in stores yet? Any reports about whether gameplay has been improved? I refused to buy it cos it was such a heap of shit, but am feeling desperate for a league fill over the off-season.

Tone83

Juniors
Really? I thought it'd been out for a while? Which one came out just not that long ago?

Anyway, someone let me know when a rugby league game comes out that's playable. Looking at gameplay of this on youtube is like travelling back in time to the year 2000.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Really? I thought it'd been out for a while? Which one came out just not that long ago?

Anyway, someone let me know when a rugby league game comes out that's playable. Looking at gameplay of this on youtube is like travelling back in time to the year 2000.

The original version of Rugby League Live 2 has been out since last year. The 2013 Season Pack with squads and jerseys was released mid this year. The 2013 World Cup Edition will be released this Thursday, 28th November for ~$60.

natheel

Coach
Main differences so far

AI misses goals more. Top performing teams rarely miss (top 5 teams)
Intercepts lower. Threw a couple balls that surely thought were going to be taken but put my winger over in the corner but the 3rd one was taken but I was able to run him down

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Main differences so far

AI misses goals more. Top performing teams rarely miss (top 5 teams)
Intercepts lower. Threw a couple balls that surely thought were going to be taken but put my winger over in the corner but the 3rd one was taken but I was able to run him down

Soooooo....$50-$60 for fixes that they knew about from release day over 12 months ago...pffftt!

natheel

Coach
I traded my other league game in anyway plus level 3 EB games member so only had to fork out 28 so I'm not complaining

natheel

Coach
Yep that would've been good. This game is good. I'm enjoying the world cup aspect of it. Played my first game after winning the premiership with titans and using USA as my world cup side. Made myself eligible for USA for kicks and just beat cook islands 22-6

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Will probably pick it up tonight and give it a crack. Hoping they've fixed up Milford (his stats were terrible and his name wasn't in the commentary).

natheel

Coach
I haven't seen Milford yet or any extra names

First round of world cup NZ were beaten by Samoa 27-20

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ha, they've taken out the Shoulder Charge stat and renamed it "Impact Move".

Milford has been fixed. 91 Acceleration and 87 speed is much better.

Parra Pride

Coach
Ha, they've taken out the Shoulder Charge stat and renamed it "Impact Move".

Milford has been fixed. 91 Acceleration and 87 speed is much better.

I'd still put money on George Rose out sprinting him though.

EDIT: Ok, so according to a member over on the big ant forums who has been snooping around in the code, there were jerseys and commentary names for international teams outside of the three we were given in the code of the original game. If that's not holding content back for a blatant cash grab then I don't know what is. They aren't exactly the first studio to do this, other studios at least release them as $5-$10 DLC though, they don't charge $60 for it.

Last edited:

joshie

Live Update Team
So I am a bit late on the boat but I have just finished my first season as the Storm in career mode. Managed to get knocked out by Canberra 7-6 ET in the second week of the finals, but won 3-0 with NSW.

I really am enjoying this game. It is a very well done game. Hopefully they improve for RLL3 and it just snowballs and just goes from one strength to another :D