What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rugby league media

TheDMC

Bench
Just wasted $5.89 on the first 2013 issue of Rugby League Week. First time I've bought this magazine and most likely the last. Full of soft profile stories of really boring dudes coming back from injury or otherwise looking at having a big year. Other than that it had a Report card for all teams' 2013 prospects, and that lacked any depth.

Is RL journalism generally just shit or do I need to look elsewhere? Recommendations of the best analysts, RL journos, blogs or sites would be much appreciated.

Maybe its just the nature of RL, which like Union, just doesn't stimulate any quality journalism as too many boof heads. Cricket on the otherhand, shiploads of good features, analysis, opinion and damn well written.

Diesel

Referee
I haven't bought one since 2010 and before that probably 2005 because it was filled with those soft stories and nothing really interesting to read.

Online newspapers and sometimes the Roar is enough for me

spear tackle

Juniors
I enjoy flicking through them but then my Father In Law gets them and I read them when I go to visit.
They do have some interesting articals during the season but not really worth reading after grand final day and all the pre season issues I've read seem to have the same stuff regurgitated from earlier issues and other media, I suppose there's not a lot to write about in the off season.

Micistm

Bench
I generally get them every few weeks through the season, for the team stats etc and if something big happens you want to catch up on. I find that's enough for me.
I do subscribe to our local mag, which is an enjoyable read, again quite light and avoids controversay, much like a 'one tribe' dvd, but only comes out quarterly so is good. A weekly or even monthly one would struggle to fill with interesting features. Has some really good writers for it though.

ozbash

Referee
SuperLeague was good, lots of local stuff and a certain writer wasn't too bad...

Latest posts