What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RUGBY LEAGUE sHOOTS ITSELF IN THE FOOT ONCE AGAIN

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
The NRL along with all the heads of the game have decided to scrap the World 7's. It was just on the Sunday footy show. We need the 7's to grow the game internationally. Why do they have to do this!

DIEHARD

----
Old news but it wasn't really confirmed. But I didn't know it was on the Sunday Footy Show so STFU Wannabie scum.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
My guess, is its not profitable

Most of these decisions are all tied to the mighty dollar

pcpp

Juniors
I bet is was profitable.

The real costs

$100,000 prize money
Stadium rent for 2 days
Staff

Profit:

50,000 tickets (25,000 each day) at say $15 = $750,000
Sponsorship - ?
TV coverage - ?

Davester

Juniors
Oh well there's one plus out of the world 7s ending even though I don't want it to cause I enjoyed this year's one is that Wests Tigers walk off the last champions. Guess we get to keep the trophey too :clap:

dimitri

First Grade
great work nrl and the clubs

f**ken hell im sick of following a game run by idiots

:cry:

Big Bunny

Juniors
The 7's run at a small loss. A lot of money goes into paying the costs for the international air fares and accomodation.

paulyt

Juniors
The qualification tournament at St Marys used to get huge crowds and create alot of interest in Rugby League. IMO it sould have stayed.

dimitri

First Grade
the injury excuse is a load of crap

players are just as likely to get injured in a trial game

:roll:

Front-Rower

First Grade
Gee if the world sevens were such a big event, why wasn't the SFS sold out for both days this year or last year :roll:

I think an international Sevens is the way to go. That way it would hardly need many NRL players. Play it in different countries, aparently Hong Kong want an International League Sevens tournament.

dimitri

First Grade
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
I think an international Sevens is the way to go. That way it would hardly need many NRL players. Play it in different countries, aparently Hong Kong want an International League Sevens tournament.

if that could be done well, it would be great for our game

f***en hell im sick of following a game run by idiots

Until the game is run by one governing body, this will always be the case. The NRL would have to be the only major sporting league in the WORLD that is run by the clubs

Moggles

Juniors
It is a typical NRL/ARL way to go.. They try something and if it does not return imediate results they scrap it.

Do not be surprised if these new international tournaments get scrapped next year.

RL would have to be the most frustrating sport to follow.

***MH***

Bench
The NRL shouldn't have anything to do with the organisation of the World Sevens.... IMO it is an international tournament and the NRL should be repremanded by the IRLF. Pull out the NRL teams if you must but don't deny the other international teams a chance to showcase their talent.